RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/286855-winch-controller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html)

heyok 05-26-2013 06:15 PM

Re: Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoSpeedRCerGo (Post 4337342)
Just bought one of these and have a question, this came with a JST female plug on the end that will go into my bulldog 9300xt but it has a mini JST type plug.. if I were to make that into a male JST it would work properly right..? this winch controller straight into the bulldog wired winch?

Yes, it will work fine.

BONDONUTZ 07-14-2013 06:45 PM

You have a PM sir.

skerb 07-21-2013 07:04 PM

I'm sure you get this question a lot and I'm sorry.

I have tried to read through this and other Heyok winch controller threads a few times, but I still cant tell whether I need the 2 position or 3 position to run a 3 Racing winch using a DX3E controller. Is it personal preference? or does the DX3E require one or the other?

heyok 07-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skerb (Post 4407789)
I'm sure you get this question a lot and I'm sorry.

I have tried to read through this and other Heyok winch controller threads a few times, but I still cant tell whether I need the 2 position or 3 position to run a 3 Racing winch using a DX3E controller. Is it personal preference? or does the DX3E require one or the other?

Thanks for checking out my electronics!
The DX3E has a third channel that can work in either two positions or three positions. If you were to connect a servo to CH3 and try it, you would notice that when 2P is selected, you can move the servo all the way left or all the way right. Select 3P and you get left and right, and also a stop in the middle.

When you want to run a winch, it is much simpler to use a three position controller as it just winds one way(left), stop(center), and winds the other way(right).

skerb 07-21-2013 07:22 PM

thank you very much, So with the dX3E I can run 3 position and i will have in or out when I hold the up or down on the 3rd channel and it will be stopped with no creep if I leave it hooked up.

Thanks! If thats the case I'll be placing an order this week!

heyok 07-21-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skerb (Post 4407814)
thank you very much, So with the dX3E I can run 3 position and i will have in or out when I hold the up or down on the 3rd channel and it will be stopped with no creep if I leave it hooked up.

Thanks! If thats the case I'll be placing an order this week!

You have it right.

Thanks!
Al

BONDONUTZ 07-21-2013 08:38 PM

I have the DX3s, doesn't it have the same feature ?

If so Id much rather have the nuetral between in and out.

heyok 07-21-2013 08:42 PM

The best I can tell is that the DX3S has a two position third channel. If I'm wrong about CH3 on that transmitter, I apologize. Can you plug a servo into it and check?

BONDONUTZ 07-21-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 4407964)
The best I can tell is that the DX3S has a two position third channel. If I'm wrong about CH3 on that transmitter, I apologize. Can you plug a servo into it and check?

Well I would hope the 3s is capable considering the 3e is a base model ?

They have yet to arrive ?
I was gonna PM you tomorrow if they didnt show up.

heyok 07-21-2013 08:52 PM

I just looked. Your order shipped on the evening of the 16th. I'm in Canada. Need to give it longer than that.

skerb 07-22-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 4407829)
You have it right.

Thanks!
Al

Payment sent, Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX

Archetype 07-24-2013 09:21 AM

Looks like my prayers have been answered after some searching!

I'm a complete nub when it comes to anything electronics. I have a DX3S with a 2pos 3ch switch, and a Bulldog 9300 winch.

Would I just take the shrink wrapped control board off the winch lead, and toss this thing on in place? If it's that easy, I will definitely take one if it's still available. I've already broken the hook off my winch 3 times from not being fast enough on the switch!

Thanks!

heyok 07-24-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archetype (Post 4411294)
Looks like my prayers have been answered after some searching!

I'm a complete nub when it comes to anything electronics. I have a DX3S with a 2pos 3ch switch, and a Bulldog 9300 winch.

Would I just take the shrink wrapped control board off the winch lead, and toss this thing on in place? If it's that easy, I will definitely take one if it's still available. I've already broken the hook off my winch 3 times from not being fast enough on the switch!

Thanks!

Happy to hear that this is of some help to you!

To connect it to your winch, it should look similar to what you see in this picture:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/DSCN0646.jpg

The controller plugs into CH3 of your receiver. The output wires go to the wires that feed power into the winch. You can solder them on, or if your winch uses the same style of connector that you see in the picture, I can supply the controller with a JST connector (for another $2) that will plug right in.

Send me a PM if you would like to order and I will get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Al

Archetype 07-24-2013 09:54 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Mine has one of these things going on. I guess it would be the exact same as above, just cutting the board off mine, and soldering up your piece.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psc7ac9165.jpg

I will definitely take one. PM incoming. :)

heyok 07-24-2013 09:55 AM

Yes, it's a solder job. You could remove the plug from the stock controller and solder to the new one if you like, or just solder it to the winch motor wires.

l36pontiac 07-25-2013 08:52 PM

i got mine 2 position controller today in the mail, wired it up and mounted winch to my dingo and was dead lifting my twin hammer with ease. thank you heyok and rpp hobbies for the very quick shipping.

Archetype 07-30-2013 11:05 PM

Got the controller today. Got it all wired up and bingo. It's amazing!

Word to the wise... Don't solder up servo wire at 750 degrees. I'll make sure to double check my temp next time, haha.

Thanks again!

ProjectSCX10 09-16-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 4132529)
These ones are good for 6 volts. If you need a two position controller that will handle more voltage, send me a pm.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. I'd like one for 7.4v. My BEC is set at that to my receiver :ror: PM me or me PM you?

heyok 09-16-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectSCX10 (Post 4480518)
I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. I'd like one for 7.4v. My BEC is set at that to my receiver :ror: PM me or me PM you?

Thank you for your interest. I replied to your PM.

bvrc 01-06-2014 05:48 PM

Are you still making these?

heyok 01-06-2014 05:56 PM

I am!
Send me a PM if I can get you some.

DaJester 01-16-2014 02:53 PM

Just got my from Heyok and works like a champ with my 2-position 3rd channel. Thanks Heyok!!!

jrowles91 03-13-2014 09:59 PM

I need one of these for my servo winch. Have the dx3s, 2 position 3rd chanel. Please let me know a total and PayPal!

I hope your still making them anyway :oops:

heyok 03-14-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrowles91 (Post 4708433)
I need one of these for my servo winch. Have the dx3s, 2 position 3rd chanel. Please let me know a total and PayPal!

I hope your still making them anyway :oops:

Thank you for your interest. Yes I still make them. I will send you a PM with shipping and payment info.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 06:23 AM

Hi All, please forgive if this is posted in the wrong spot..
I have a Flysky GT3C (ATM un-moded), and am uncertain if the 3rd channel is working.
some time ago I bought a Turnigy "receiver controlled on/off switch" with the intention of controlling a winch with it however I got a winch with a controller, so I have now decided to redeploy this on off switch to a set of roof mounted LED's.
Problem is they are on all the time, regardless of the "jumper" config and "button pushing". (the config I have set up is for on/off).

is there any testing I can perform to verify the 3rd channel is working before I purchase one of these controllers.

Regards Wayne

heyok 06-16-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwzar80 (Post 4807205)
Hi All, please forgive if this is posted in the wrong spot..
I have a Flysky GT3C (ATM un-moded), and am uncertain if the 3rd channel is working.
some time ago I bought a Turnigy "receiver controlled on/off switch" with the intention of controlling a winch with it however I got a winch with a controller, so I have now decided to redeploy this on off switch to a set of roof mounted LED's.
Problem is they are on all the time, regardless of the "jumper" config and "button pushing". (the config I have set up is for on/off).

is there any testing I can perform to verify the 3rd channel is working before I purchase one of these controllers.

Regards Wayne

A good test would be to plug a servo into CH3 on your receiver and make sure you can get it to move left and right when operating the CH3 button on the transmitter.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 07:39 AM

thanks for the quick reply heyok.
as this controller is not modded, my understanding is pushing the "Chnl 3" button virtually send an impulse. would sliding the ch3 trim do anything??

regards Wayne

heyok 06-16-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwzar80 (Post 4807245)
thanks for the quick reply heyok.
as this controller is not modded, my understanding is pushing the "Chnl 3" button virtually send an impulse. would sliding the ch3 trim do anything??

regards Wayne

You're welcome.
I have to admit that I haven't used an unmodified GT3B for a long time and don't remember how these controls behave.
The best thing to do would be plug in a servo and see what happens when you try these controls. Just use your steering servo if you don't have another one handy.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 08:22 AM

Controller is all good, switch RS!
just checked it with the steering servo and ....
push the ch3 button steering full right
push again steering centres etc etc

thanks again

Regards Wayne

heyok 07-04-2014 11:53 AM

SOFT START! - when you order your winch controller, consider having me install the Soft Start option as it will help save wear and tear on the winch line and drive train.
Read more here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ontroller.html

crwzar80 07-14-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 4825810)
SOFT START!

is this a "retro" mod that can be done??? I ordered my controller a few days before I saw this.

I received my winch controller and Head/Driving light switch last week and have finally fitted them and can I say "THEY ARE AWESOME". the Head/Driving light switch is exactly what I wanted now my GT3C is hacked.

and I can finally do away with the (often misplaced) key fob winch controller!!!

cant wait until my 6 channel RX arrives.... all of these controls from the on TX (WooHoo)

Wayne

newscaler1.9 11-04-2015 06:03 AM

Are these switches still available for purchase?

heyok 11-04-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newscaler1.9 (Post 5325115)
Are these switches still available for purchase?

Yes!
Just send me a PM and I will get you set up.

CalebTheRCguy 05-31-2016 12:36 PM

Does the power for it come from the receiver? Does the receiver put out 6V?

heyok 05-31-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebTheRCguy (Post 5511260)
Does the power for it come from the receiver?

Yes.

Quote:

Does the receiver put out 6V?
The receiver puts out the voltage that is put into it!
That normally comes from the BEC built into your ESC, unless you have done something to change that, like run an external BEC.

Hope that helps. If not, it probably means you aren't aware of what a BEC is. Maybe read the sticky in the electronics section about why you need a BEC.
Also this might help too:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ainer-bec.html

CalebTheRCguy 06-01-2016 12:48 PM

Where can I purchase one of these? Can you give me a link to a website?

heyok 06-01-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebTheRCguy (Post 5511811)
Where can I purchase one of these? Can you give me a link to a website?

You can either send me a PM and we can work out placing an order, or you can click this:

http://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Performance

Thanks,
Al

morocho1979 10-08-2019 09:34 AM

Question this winch controller work with KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 with spektrum module 3rd channel bt5 , i have a 3racing winch ??

heyok 10-08-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morocho1979 (Post 5968364)
Question this winch controller work with KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 with spektrum module 3rd channel bt5 , i have a 3racing winch ??

I think it will work fine, but I don't know those parts. You can do a little test to check this for yourself.
Connect a servo to that channel and operate the channel. Does the servo move left and right, or does it move left, center and right?

If it is only left and right, then it is a two-position channel and you will be good with this type of controller.

For the winch, yes, it is compatible.
Keep in mind that the winch controller doesn't want to see more than six volts from the receiver.

Thanks,
Al

TRAV 05-19-2020 01:51 PM

Are these still available?

Thanks