RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/286855-winch-controller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html)

heyok 12-16-2010 06:10 PM

Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel - Part no. 2PW

What do you do if you want to run a winch but your transmitter only has a two position third channel?

My new winch controller makes this easy. Just attach it to your servo winch motor or to your 3racing winch and you will be able to work it from your third channel. Each time you press and release the switch on CH3, the winch does the next thing in sequence.
  1. Winch is stopped
  2. Winch winds out
  3. Winch is stopped
  4. Winch winds in
  5. Winch is stopped
etc.

http://i.imgur.com/PjWxBpp.png

Note that this controller has the optional JST connector which adds $2 to the price.

Here is a very short video showing the circuit controlling a winch plugged into a Traxxas TQ3 transmitter which comes with a two position third channel:
Winch Controller for two position channel transmitter - YouTube

This winch controller installs the same way as my winch controller circuit that works with a three position channel:
No Drift Winch Controller! (using 3 position transmitter channel) - RCCrawler

Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel
Part no. 2PW $30
Need a JST connector included? Order Part No. 3PWJST for $32

* Note that the maximum voltage is 6 volts *

Need to make a servo winch?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-tutorial.html

Generis 12-17-2010 03:44 PM

Hey, all. I got one of these from heyok and its on this Ford in this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=emDmFPvcF7U

The main notable thing... why you need one of these... this controller is small but must let through twice the amps of the stock 3racing one, because using this one the stock 3racing winch on this Ford has NO PROBLEMS dragging this truck up a sheer cliff, as you can see in this video.
This controller has tons of power and I've been abusing it for a couple of years. Can't believe it's this cheap!!
Best thing I ever installed in my Ford.

heyok 12-18-2010 08:57 AM

Thanks for the comment Chris! Glad you are happy with it.

squatch71 12-19-2010 09:34 AM

sure...and I just ordered a new radio just for this reason...

cool product and nice vid...might be picking one of these up for the wifes rig.

heyok 12-19-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2807409)
sure...and I just ordered a new radio just for this reason...

cool product and nice vid...might be picking one of these up for the wifes rig.

Thanks.
That's too bad it is too late for your rig.

Glad it might help with your wife's transmitter though!

2500hdon37s 12-19-2010 09:49 AM

I'll demo it for free! :ror:

ive been lookin for somthing like this OR converting my radio to a 3pos 3ch

squatch71 12-19-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 2807416)
Thanks.
That's too bad it is too late for your rig.

Glad it might help with your wife's transmitter though!

might of sold one for you...or two....do I get a commision?!?!?:lmao:

big78ford 12-19-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2807846)

I already bought two, don't tell the wife.

heyok 12-19-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2807846)

We'll talk

squatch71 12-20-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big78ford (Post 2807911)
I already bought two, don't tell the wife.

never....what happens in RC, stays in RC. cant wait to see it in action...I know where you can try it on two winches!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 2808048)
We'll talk

no worries brotha....

Tom_Swanson 12-21-2010 10:00 AM

I just purchased one of these 2pos 3rd channel winch controllers. And I works very well with my dx3s. Heyok has fantastic customer service also.

heyok 01-03-2011 08:14 AM

Thanks Tom! Glad you like it.

heyok 01-13-2011 12:19 PM

It was pointed out to me that I don't have a close up picture of the winch controller in this thread.
This is what it looks like:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/DSC_4548.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/DSC_4547.jpg

It plugs into your receiver and the grey wires solder onto the servo motor or can be connected to a 3racing winch in place of the factory controller.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/DSCN0646.jpg

If you are installing it on a servo winch, you can tuck the new electronics inside the servo case.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...C/DSC_1870.jpg

The circuit at the bottom of the picture is the original servo amplifier that was removed. There is no longer a connection to the pot as it isn't used any longer.

Kage 02-01-2011 10:19 PM

Does it mater which gray wire is hooked up to the black or red wire?????:lmao:

heyok 02-01-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kage (Post 2900902)
Does it mater which gray wire is hooked up to the black or red wire?????:lmao:

Well, kind of. The controller will want to send the winch in the same direction the first time it is turned on. You probably want it to unwind the winch rather than pull in at this point. Just connect it temporarily and make sure it is set to unwind as its first action from powering up.

By the way, I built in a safety feature. It will ignore the first time you try and activate it, but will respond every time from then on.

dyorge 02-01-2011 10:50 PM

how much shipped to winnipeg manitoba and how do i order and do you accept paypal?

heyok 02-02-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyorge (Post 2900960)
how much shipped to winnipeg manitoba and how do i order and do you accept paypal?

Sent you a PM!

squatch71 02-02-2011 02:07 PM

Just wanted to say that Big78 and I hooked up the winch to his controller..and I was impressed, thing works really well....now make a 3 wire for my winch...I need a 3 position to....

heyok 02-02-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2902063)
Just wanted to say that Big78 and I hooked up the winch to his controller..and I was impressed, thing works really well.

Good to hear you are happy with it!

Quote:

....now make a 3 wire for my winch...I need a 3 position to...
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking me to do.

squatch71 02-02-2011 07:15 PM

I have one of these....

http://tracgear.com/product/rc4wd/ax...6/DSC_9411.jpg

heyok 02-02-2011 10:16 PM

Right. Not sure how to help with that one!

arcticjeff 02-04-2011 01:24 PM

Really intersted in one of these. I toasted my sending unit that came with the winch. I can only get it to come in. when I press the botton. Works on another guys hook-up.

I do have a question. My aux spot already has my BEC plugged into it. I picked up a y adapter to run the original set up. Let me know if this will still work and I'll take one.

heyok 02-04-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticjeff (Post 2906230)
Really intersted in one of these. I toasted my sending unit that came with the winch. I can only get it to come in. when I press the botton. Works on another guys hook-up.

I do have a question. My aux spot already has my BEC plugged into it. I picked up a y adapter to run the original set up. Let me know if this will still work and I'll take one.

Yes, the Y adapter will get your BEC power to feed everything. If you like, I can build a Y adapter into your winch controller. Just let me know.

I take it that your third channel is the two position type?

arcticjeff 02-04-2011 06:21 PM

I already have the y adapter so no problem there. How do I buy one of these from you. I have a paypal account so just let me know.

rcdude 03-03-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2902709)

i know thats 4 the 9500 bulldog winch but do u no if it will work with the 9300 bulldog winch?

heyok 03-06-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticjeff (Post 2906748)
I already have the y adapter so no problem there. How do I buy one of these from you. I have a paypal account so just let me know.

Sorry, I just saw your message now. I will send you a PM with paypal info.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcdude (Post 2964636)
i know thats 4 the 9500 bulldog winch but do u no if it will work with the 9300 bulldog winch?

That controller looks like it will run a brushless motor (has three output wires). My controllers are for brushed motors only.

If you are asking me if that controller will work with the 9300 Bulldog Winch, sorry, I don't know. If the motor has three connections, then it will probably work.

heyok 03-15-2011 09:38 AM

Just letting you all know that I've had to raise my prices slightly. I don't do this lightly, but at the same time, I can't build these for free. My time does have some value.

The new price for the Winch Controller for Two Position Channel is $30

Regards,
Al

EastTnCrawler 03-23-2011 03:15 PM

Do you still have any winch controllers for a 2 position 3 channel traxxas radio? I've got a traxxas 2239 2.4 HO. Will this work?

Oh and I've got a 3 racing winch 1/10. Can you run the regular winch controller with 2s on stock AE-2 esc and be fine or do I need the high voltage and a BEC?

I've got paypal like everybody else too lol

Thanks!

heyok 03-23-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastTnCrawler (Post 3002922)
Do you still have any winch controllers for a 2 position 3 channel traxxas radio? I've got a traxxas 2239 2.4 HO. Will this work?

I've got paypal like everybody else too lol

Thanks!

Yes, I have them! PM me your email address and I will send you a Paypal Invoice.
Thanks,
Al

msd44 06-04-2011 07:47 AM

I'm going to start building a TTC Truck. This would be great to use with my 3pm setup. Still have any in stock?

heyok 06-04-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msd44 (Post 3125818)
I'm going to start building a TTC Truck. This would be great to use with my 3pm setup. Still have any in stock?

Yes I do!
Just send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a Paypal invoice and get a winch controller out to you.
Thanks!
Al

maneesh.n 07-11-2011 12:25 PM

Feed back about Al service...

Hi all,

I bought the winch control from AL few months ago and had some electrical problem with the winch, when communicated to AL, he immediately replaced with the new one and again had the same problem with the second control, which was again replaced FOC. And to my bad luck, the third control also did not work. For this Al asked me to send the winch and the control to him. I sent it to him by post and AL noted some problem with the winch. AL worked on the winch and replaced the control and posted the working video over to me. (below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuxhWf363nw

I m narrating this story to let you all know the amazing service commitment Al had and his persistent approach to ensure that the product he sold me did work. I really appreciate his approach and attitude towards service.

I live in Dubai and has not seen this commitment towards "service". I strongly recommend Al and you can blindly, without a second thought can buy products offered by Al.

Thanks Al and appreciate your help for my winch.

heyok 07-16-2011 09:56 AM

Thank you for the kind words, Maneesh.

JdRn 09-11-2011 11:53 AM

Just bought 2 of them 2 weeks ago and they have been out standing! Al is a great guy to deal with and I will be buying few more in the future"thumbsup".

GnarKill 09-27-2011 11:55 AM

Trail ready

Couldn't be more stoked. Just installed one on a SF-50 and this thing is a man. So easy to hook up too, just soldered right onto the servo motor and replaced the guts with the new controller, presto. Working high torque winch with no "hacking" my FlySky FS-GT3b. Got exactly whats advertised and it did exactly what I wanted. Im kinda rough on stuff so i waterproofed the servo case and first test hauled up about a 5lb propane bottle on some 10lb test effortlessly. Ill ruin the servo before the switch but Ill be back for more anyways, thanks.

crawlin now 12-03-2011 09:53 PM

heyok,
do you have any of these 2 position switch controllers on hand i could use one

heyok 12-04-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlin now (Post 3415260)
heyok,
do you have any of these 2 position switch controllers on hand i could use one

I sure do, how many would you like?
Send me a PM and we can work out the details.
Thanks,
Al

crawlin now 12-12-2011 03:42 PM

i know its been said already but i am going to say it again. great product great service. "thumbsup" Thanks again Al

ussprinceton2004 12-29-2011 06:21 PM

Re: Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel

...is it safe to put this winch controller in plasti dip to make it waterproof?..

heyok 12-29-2011 06:40 PM

Re: Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 (Post 3475036)
...is it safe to put this winch controller in plasti dip to make it waterproof?..

It is safe to do so, but I have done the waterproofing for you already with either silicone or plasti dip (depends on what method I'm happiest with at build time).

Thanks for asking!