Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: Custom Built Radio: To fit your needs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Talking Custom Built Radio: To fit your needs

If you have a situation,idea, disability, a rcc vendor supporter, or even someone who hates buying stuff from big companies, and you can't find a radio to suit your needs. Well thats why i am here. I can build a custom radio for you and at an affordable price tag. General prices will range at $170-$250.

Feel free to PM me for a qoute at anytime. Give me a description of what your wanting.

Here are a few examples of my previous radios

All of them need to be plugged into a computer to be programmed, but the have epa's, ch rev., trim, on all 6 ch's, dual rates on 3 ch's, and 3 possible mixs. I am currently experimenting with other platforms, and options to add a screen and/or more functionality.

So far my most advance (my current radio i use, its flat out amazing), it was built for a specific purpose though, not real universal for other complex projects.

This one here was built for dual esc's, but not limiting options for other projects.

Then this one was my second creation, just a basic 6 ch's, 3 (3) pos switches, a non centering pot (linear control), 2 mix switches, a steering&throttle

losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Ok guys for a limited time i will drop a simple 6ch radio down in price. You will have 4 spots open to your choice, and location. Options will be either a 3 pos switch, or pot (knob, like a trim knob) for ch's 3-6. price will be $150+shipping, or $135+shipping if you send me the pistol grip radio housing. Shipping will be $10-15 for cont usa
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Does it matter on what radio housing it is, or doea it HAVE to be a tq housing?
sabohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabohead View Post
Does it matter on what radio housing it is, or doea it HAVE to be a tq housing?
It doesn't matter, but the more plastic work i gotta do to make it fit, the more i have to bump up the cost.

I just personally like the feel of the tq radio, so i built all my radios in a tq. What did you have in mind?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Got my 6CH Dual stick radio!

Hey Guys just wanted to let you know I picked up a radio from Losikid which he had modded for me. Awesome!

The TX platform used for this mod is a Fly Sky 6CH 2.4ghz radio (same as HobbyKing's 6CH 2.4ghz). A three position switch was installed on upper left (handy for winches or other aux), left stick throttle mod, as well as preprogrammed for MOA.

The kit included a receiver, bind plug, and USB connector for programming. Losikid recommended I purchase the TX Digital Radio programmer ($2) instead of using the regular TC6 TX programmer. Digital Radio was by far a superior programming tool and I too recommend it. End points, subtrims, mixes, dual rates, etc. are all done on the software and is relatively easy. I had done some fidelling around and screwed up the settings. Losikid was on the ball on helping with programming. Great customer support!

All the sticks, switches, and knobs work great and for the price of around $60 shipped (I live in Canada). Yeah it's no Futaba or Airtronics radio but this is a steal of a deal! Extra recievers are only $15 from Losikid!

I have it set up for MOA but must admit I haven't installed it yet. Still waiting for my Brood motors. Will update later on the performance and operation of the radio system. I have read good things about this radio on Hobbyking.
Here is a clip on how the radio works with 2 esc's on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g-7aVseFBE

I've added some carbon fiber stickers to dress it up the TX a little. I also did a mod to the receiver so that the antenna comes out the top rather than the side so it could fit in my T1E chassis.

Thanks again Losikid!

Last edited by Evandiego; 03-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Evandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Can't wait till i can sneak some $$$ past the wife so i can get my custom radio
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
guy

Default radio system

hello
I want to first sign with six channels
What does it cost?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Got Worms?

Heres some pics of my most recent builds

For torchedmach1

For Del Monte

Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
Got Worms?

Also hopefully here soon, month or two. I can start putting in bluetooth modules in flysky based builds so you can program these via your android phone...possibly iphone. Its going to be pretty slick. Another update i'd like to mention is that here soon i'll start my new 6ch build for my personal use (or sell it, but it be expensive) Basically it will be a basic 6ch radio radio, with dual esc functionality, i won't be using my 4ws switch, but this is where it gets interesting...Touch screen, 1000's of models, dx3e, bluetooth, pocket pc apps, built in lipo & charger, and more. I'm pretty excited, it will cost alot in parts, but i will defiantly getting close to pushing the limits of the 6ch flysky radio, after this build i'll probably move onto the 8ch radio
Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
Got Worms?

So after working with Del Monte i came out with a spare dx3e plastic housing. It seems like a WAY better candiate than the TQ, so it'll probably become my radio of choice for these builds, with the dx3c coming out i'm sure dx3e's will be cheap.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Here's another radio i am finishing up...something like this will be 200-250. I'll get some annotated pics up here alittle later

Old 06-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Nice work! Very interesting……….
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #13

Could you make a radio that was designed to be used with one hand to be able to operate throttle and sterring? My father in law is disabled and only has the use of 1 hand. Needs just to be a basic radio if it is too complex I think he would get to aggravated with it.

Thanks Cliff
phxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxguy View Post
Could you make a radio that was designed to be used with one hand to be able to operate throttle and sterring? My father in law is disabled and only has the use of 1 hand. Needs just to be a basic radio if it is too complex I think he would get to aggravated with it.

Thanks Cliff
Yea, send me a pm with his sit, and what the radio needs to do. I have a few ideas
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Nice work, not sure I understand all the feature but I read a lot so it will come... someday!!

Beside that, which receiver did you use? maybe i just mist it.

So to be sure I understand, I find a transmitter, DX3E for example, ship it to you, ask for 6 channels with intended use. Now I need to know what's my use to be!!!

Now I need to understand why there is push buttons, 3 pos switches, trim pot (other than steering/throttle ones) but then I start thinkin I'll prefer stick controller for my intended use, can I have both steering being analog? Is it necessary or do guy use it only on a momentary switch? Still playing with option, hopefully, I will find what I want before I got the money to buy my first truck.

quite confusing for me at this time, don't forget I'm a newbie... but I hate spending my money on something just to have it replace because it don't fit my needs

Last edited by joss097; 11-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
joss097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Custom Built Radio: To fit your needs

Tried to PM, but inbox is full.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #17

ok so I have a dx2e. is it possible to add a 3rd channel to mix dual esc for my moa and get a new rx for it also. I know you cant give exact pricing but an estimate. or if it cant mix can it be set up to just front dig or rear dig, ie basicly to just kill the 2nd 0r 3rd channel much like a punk dig set up but without the punk dig
johnboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Tried to PM you about a radio. Can you PM me back Please
thanks David
dracing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Are you still offering these services? I'm interested in having you mod a radio for me.
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Ive got a futaba 3pl and would like to mod it to 6 channel for individual rear steer and winch. Is it possible with this setup?
jcsaxial is offline   Reply With Quote