Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual RC Switch for LED lighting or ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Dual RC Switch for LED lighting

Similar to the Remote Switch For LED Lighting, but it lets you run two lighting circuits (or other small loads) from one three position channel.
This is how it works. The channel three control normally sits in the center position. Toggle it to the left to work circuit number one, toggle it right to work circuit number two. Each time you toggle a circuit, it flips from off to on, or vice versa.

Here is a video showing it in operation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYy848Z83jk

The outputs are on standard servo connectors. If you have lights that plug into your receiver for power, they can plug into here instead.

The output devices used in this circuit are capable of more than 10 amps, but that is way more than the wires are able to pass. Keep the total current well below 10 amps to avoid trouble.

Part No. RCSW2 $25 plus shipping.

Above is the external powered version complete with double deans style power connectors.

Part No. RCSW2EXTDDSP
$29

Last edited by heyok; 04-14-2021 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Photobucket support over, switching to imgur
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

OK, now that is really cool. If it works as good as the single switch I bought from you recently I will definitely be buying one soon
1SLOWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOWSS View Post
OK, now that is really cool. If it works as good as the single switch I bought from you recently I will definitely be buying one soon
That's great news! I look forward to it!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
Similar to the Remote Switch For LED Lighting, but it lets you run two lighting circuits (or other small loads) from one three position channel.
This is how it works. The channel three control normally sits in the center position. Toggle it to the left to work circuit number one, toggle it right to work circuit number two. Each time you toggle a circuit, it flips from off to on, or vice versa.

The outputs are on standard servo connectors. If you have lights that plug into your receiver for power, they can plug into here instead.

The output devices used in this circuit are capable of about 30 amps, but that is way more than the wires are able to pass. Keep the total current well below 10 amps to avoid trouble.

$25
I'm after something like this where i can have the lights off, then turn on one set of lights then another i guess it would be a three way switch do you make them?
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo au View Post
I'm after something like this where i can have the lights off, then turn on one set of lights then another i guess it would be a three way switch do you make them?
The part described in this thread does that from a three position or linear channel. Is that what you are after or do you want a three position toggle switch that you can mount on your rig?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
The part described in this thread does that from a three position or linear channel. Is that what you are after or do you want a three position toggle switch that you can mount on your rig?
Thats what i'm after.
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo au View Post
Thats what i'm after.
That's great. Send me a PM with what you want and your email address and I will send you a Paypal Invoice.
Thanks,
Al
Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Finally got around to installing this new controller. Very nice product that works very well so far. Have my new LED lightbar from LD Racing Productsl on one side and all the other lights on the truck working off the other. Thanks again!

1SLOWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for posting up how you used it. Lots of light happening there!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Dual RC Switch for LED lighting or ?

Are these dual rc switches still being made cause i would love to order 1 it seems like an awesome lil light upgrade
isac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by isac View Post
Are these dual rc switches still being made cause i would love to order 1 it seems like an awesome lil light upgrade
They sure are. How many can I get for you?

Please send me a PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #12

Smile Re: Dual RC Switch for LED lighting or ?

Gotta say this guy is awesome. Al made this slick little custom unit up for me.

Basically same concept as the remote dual switch, but with an aux power adaptor.

Thanks again Al!

Last edited by jakester79; 12-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
jakester79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOWSS View Post
Finally got around to installing this new controller. Very nice product that works very well so far. Have my new LED lightbar from LD Racing Productsl on one side and all the other lights on the truck working off the other. Thanks again!

Would this work the same with the Traxxas 4ch tqi 3 position switch? Its a lever that either goes left neutral and right position, not buttons like on that radio. Basically I wanna do the same thing as this... with the option to choose one, none, or all lights working same time.
milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestone View Post
Would this work the same with the Traxxas 4ch tqi 3 position switch? Its a lever that either goes left neutral and right position, not buttons like on that radio. Basically I wanna do the same thing as this... with the option to choose one, none, or all lights working same time.
I'm not sure if this will work, but I can tell you how to find out. Plug a servo into that channel of your receiver. If you can make it move to three positions: Left, Center and Right, then this controller will work for you.

Some of the Traxxas transmitters don't really do three positions on their extra channels even though the switches they use would indicate that they might.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Al - Have you come up with a dual switch that can be externally powered? I'm adding rock lights to my rig. I have existing lights (headlights and tails) that run on one of your remote switches and a 4PL system. I want to integrate the rock lights into the system, but I want to be able to switch from all off (middle position) to headlight/taillight (position left) to headlight/tail/rock light (position right). At the moment, the headlight/tail are being powered by the receiver. I want to change the entire lighting system to be powered by a small 3S. Can you make an externally powered dual switch that will fit this need?

Thank you,
Brian
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post
Al - Have you come up with a dual switch that can be externally powered? I'm adding rock lights to my rig. I have existing lights (headlights and tails) that run on one of your remote switches and a 4PL system. I want to integrate the rock lights into the system, but I want to be able to switch from all off (middle position) to headlight/taillight (position left) to headlight/tail/rock light (position right). At the moment, the headlight/tail are being powered by the receiver. I want to change the entire lighting system to be powered by a small 3S. Can you make an externally powered dual switch that will fit this need?

Thank you,
Brian
Hi Brian,
I can make this for you. Just make sure I understand:

Position 1: Circuit A = on
Position 2: Circuit A and B = off
Position 3: Circuit A and B = on

And make it externally powered.
This item would be $3 more than the Dual RC Switch so it would be $28

I actually made something similar for my Wraith. It uses the logic of the Dual RC switch which lets either circuit be controlled independently, but uses external power for one output and receiver power for the other because most of my lights need 6volts, but the light bar needs 12.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Al,
You hit the nail on the head and actually caught something that I missed. My headlight/tails need 6V. Rock lights are 12V. Sounds like the circuit you made for your Wraith is exactly what I need. Please PM me your Paypal info and what the total will be with shipping. Many, many thanks!

-Brian
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #18

Hey Heyok, are you still doing the
EG Pos 1 head and tail
Pos 2 all off
Pos 3 head, tail and driving/spot lights??

if so how much inc postage to Australia??

Regards Wayne
crwzar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwzar80 View Post
Hey Heyok, are you still doing the
EG Pos 1 head and tail
Pos 2 all off
Pos 3 head, tail and driving/spot lights??

if so how much inc postage to Australia??

Regards Wayne
Hi Wayne,

How about this instead?
The three positions will give you:
Off
Light circuit 1
Light circuits 1 and 2
This is Park Lights, Head Lights switch

Send me a PM and I can make you either one of those and we can work out the shipping.

Thanks!
Al
Old 06-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #20

Hi Al PM sent

Regards Wayne
crwzar80 is offline   Reply With Quote