Notices

Thread: 4 Wheel Steering Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 4 Wheel Steering Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Br View Post
Or just cut the servo's + and - wires somewhere in the middle, then reattach the + to the - and the - to the +. Then the servo will function backwards of how it normally does.
DO NOT DO THIS! That will destroy the servo amp circuit. There are polarity sensitive parts that will fail if you do that. The way I said works.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

i have a dx4s radio and it has what i would consider 3pos 3rd and 4th channels but my switches are spring loaded to return to center so what i am wondering is can you program one of these to work as follows; 1. rear steer 2. rear servo locked 3. crab walk so that i dont have to hold it to the first position to neutralize the rear steer?
idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:23 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
i have a dx4s radio and it has what i would consider 3pos 3rd and 4th channels but my switches are spring loaded to return to center so what i am wondering is can you program one of these to work as follows; 1. rear steer 2. rear servo locked 3. crab walk so that i dont have to hold it to the first position to neutralize the rear steer?
I don't have that transmitter and haven't read the manual (I'm hoping you can step up here and do it for me). I really suspect that the DX4S works like my DX3R in that the spring return to center switch does the following:

Push the switch to the left and release... the channel moves the servo left.
Push the switch to the right and release... the channel moves the servo back to the center position.
Push the switch to the right and release... the channel moves the servo to the right.
Push the switch to the left and release... the channel moves the servo back to the center position.
etc...

Plug a servo into your extra channel and confirm what happens and please let me know.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
I don't have that transmitter and haven't read the manual (I'm hoping you can step up here and do it for me). I really suspect that the DX4S works like my DX3R in that the spring return to center switch does the following:

Push the switch to the left and release... the channel moves the servo left.
Push the switch to the right and release... the channel moves the servo back to the center position.
Push the switch to the right and release... the channel moves the servo to the right.
Push the switch to the left and release... the channel moves the servo back to the center position.
etc...

Plug a servo into your extra channel and confirm what happens and please let me know.
I never even thought to test it, I will do that tonight when I get home from work and let you know.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Afterthought to add, I do know from playing around in the menu that when I assign a channel to one of the switches it does let me choose whether it's a 3pos or 2pos but I will test it with a servo tonight on both setups
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Ok I tested it last night and your right, press right it goes right and stays, press left it goes left and stays, so that means the standard controller will work correct?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
Ok I tested it last night and your right, press right it goes right and stays, press left it goes left and stays, so that means the standard controller will work correct?
Yes
Old 08-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #28

Hi Heyok, this thing look amazing. I just bought my first rock crawler which i love apart from the remote. I have never got on well with pistol grip/steering wheel hand sets, but it seems i don't have much choice.

The truck i have (HBX Rockfighter) has 4 steering options

Front only
Crab
4 wheel
Rear only

and i use all of them. I have spent ages looking on-line for a stick remote with a programmable 3rd channel that i could set this up with. The only thing i have found which may work is the Futaba 3VC. I have used one of these before and its an awesome piece of kit, but they are very expensive, not available new anymore, and to switch from one steering mode to another i would have to change from one model to the next in the model memory of the handset which obviously takes longer than a quick press of a button.

So, firstly could i buy one of yous gizmos and pay for carriage to the UK? And if so how much?

Second, Is it possible to programe this unit to steer just the rear wheels in one of the modes?

And finally, I can't think of a good reason why not, but will it work with my radio gear over here?

Cheers
Stodd
Stodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodd View Post
Hi Heyok, this thing look amazing. I just bought my first rock crawler which i love apart from the remote. I have never got on well with pistol grip/steering wheel hand sets, but it seems i don't have much choice.

The truck i have (HBX Rockfighter) has 4 steering options

Front only
Crab
4 wheel
Rear only

and i use all of them. I have spent ages looking on-line for a stick remote with a programmable 3rd channel that i could set this up with. The only thing i have found which may work is the Futaba 3VC. I have used one of these before and its an awesome piece of kit, but they are very expensive, not available new anymore, and to switch from one steering mode to another i would have to change from one model to the next in the model memory of the handset which obviously takes longer than a quick press of a button.

So, firstly could i buy one of yous gizmos and pay for carriage to the UK? And if so how much?

Second, Is it possible to programe this unit to steer just the rear wheels in one of the modes?

And finally, I can't think of a good reason why not, but will it work with my radio gear over here?

Cheers
Stodd
Lots to talk about here. I will send you a PM.
Thanks,
Al

Tags
4ws, controller, electronics, four wheel steering

4 Wheel Steering Controller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I build a 4 Wheel Steering Controller? heyok Electronics 34 09-24-2012 03:49 PM
HK controller steering smiley-1988 Electronics 4 09-30-2011 12:58 PM
Controller Wheel Squeak Suicide Jockey Electronics 1 07-02-2011 07:08 AM
steering stops on a MRC controller? skid Electronics 0 03-13-2009 01:08 PM
Wanted: Nylint Controller Steering Wheel 1:6 MonkeySee General Crawlers 5 09-12-2006 02:40 AM