RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   KMS winch's all in one place (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/422768-kms-winchs-all-one-place.html)

KMS 01-14-2013 09:45 AM

KMS winch's all in one place

6 Attachment(s)
Here we have the K3x2 ,The guy behind this is Heyok ,Guess the trucks up north are heavier than ours ,Its a pain to make but tuff as heck after much R&D [scatchin my head ] We got it to fit on the front of a scx10 Honcho, It uses two tower pro servos. Heyok has a controller that works with this beast,

I have finally retired, KMS Winches has been acquired by another genital man who will continue the KMS quality servo winch .Thank you all Robert

KMS 01-16-2013 10:29 PM

Re: KMS servo winch, K2 ,K3,K3x2

6 Attachment(s)
This is the K3 servo winch ,It has a smaller foot print ,I reccomend the Heyok winch controller,It comes with 200 lb test line and chain-hook. This is one of my best selling winches because of the size & power...

I thought I should add some pics of mounting a K3 servo winch kit and a fairlead to keep the line
centered on the spool ,It is a must have ,item you can build yourself ...

Thank you ,,,Robert...

KMS 01-16-2013 10:38 PM

Re: KMS servo winch, K2 ,K3,K3x2

9 Attachment(s)
This is the K2 winch ,Can come as a stand up or laydown version,This my favorite winch,The servo bolts to the side of the winch house and spool,It will come with 200lb test line ,flair lead & chain-hook,I reccommend the Heyok 4amp relay winch controller,,,,KMS,,,
I have added more pics because of the two different styles .It can come standup or laydown ,

fmotax 01-17-2013 09:02 AM

Re: KMS servo winch, K3x2

Ok my friend, how is the process toy buy one of these? comes without the Heyok controller? I want it for a traxxas summit! I'm new to the hobby and i want to be sure to buy the right to install it in my case! which controller should I buy? the relay winch controller? 2 position or 3 position? what else I need to install the electrical? thanks a lot...

Freddy.

KMS 01-17-2013 10:15 AM

Re: KMS servo winch, K3x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmotax (Post 4129639)
Ok my friend, how is the process toy buy one of these? comes without the Heyok controller? I want it for a traxxas summit! I'm new to the hobby and i want to be sure to buy the right to install it in my case! which controller should I buy? the relay winch controller? 2 position or 3 position? what else I need to install the electrical? thanks a lot...

Freddy.

pm sent,,,KMS,,,

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 01-17-2013 10:37 AM

Re: KMS winch's all in one place

That K3x2 looks ANIMO

KMS 01-17-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 4129778)
That K3x2 looks ANIMO

Thank you and for your help Thank you,,,KMS,,,"thumbsup"

heyok 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

Robert, we had a great time on the weekend doing some crawling and I finally got to test my K3 winch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Khj2bMq-USc
The winching begins a little after the 8 minute mark.

The winch is getting power from my 4 amp relay output winch controller which is powered by the 3S 2200 lipo pack that runs everything in my wraith.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...nal-power.html

Thanks for building me the great winch!

Looking forward to installing the K3x2 in something soon and giving it a workout too.

KMS 01-22-2013 05:02 PM

Al I watched the video ,I started laughing when the rig went up on its side ,Great Vid ,glad you like the winch ,but its the controller that makes that winch look good ,Great place to go have fun , lots of rock out crops ,, ..Thank you ,,Robert,,,

Solitaire 01-22-2013 11:57 PM

I was with Al (HeyOk) this past weekend and it took the two of us to hang on to his Wraith while he pulled the D90 up the cliff. Was extremely impressed with how much power that K3 has.

Already have HeyOk's 4A relay controller...just need to know how much extra the shipping is to Canada.

KMS 01-23-2013 11:08 AM

pm sent Thank you Robert

eric113 01-25-2013 06:53 AM

For the K3, Any plans to do a "kit" if one already has a servo ?

Chuckin Yonnies 01-27-2013 11:44 PM

Well I was mightily impressed after seeing this unit put to work recently! Which is why I'd like to purchase a K3 servo winch. I'm also thinking of using the Heyok 3 position relay controller if you recommend it.
So I'm wondering, how do I relieve you of one of these beauty's?!
thanks. Ash

KMS 01-28-2013 08:29 PM

Thank you Ash,,The Heyok 4 amp relay winch controller is the best way to go ,Thank you ,,,KMS,,, "thumbsup"

baddman 02-18-2013 06:45 AM

Some friends and i were messing around after a scale competition here in Washington state, so I wanted to try my new hero cam out and learn alittle editing.
Here's a video of my C2.

http://youtu.be/aLxhf9KLIuc

klaygrover 02-27-2013 07:54 PM

So I ran my k3 servo winch at the comp this last weekend and all I can say is WOW this thing has an insane amount of power and is so smooth. I will be putting these in every rig I build. Good job Robert. on another note I have been running mine on a tekin fxr and this works awesome has very nice variable speed.

KMS 02-27-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaygrover (Post 4204697)
So I ran my k3 servo winch at the comp this last weekend and all I can say is WOW this thing has an insane amount of power and is so smooth. I will be putting these in every rig I build. Good job Robert. on another note I have been running mine on a tekin fxr and this works awesome has very nice variable speed.

Great,,,,,Glad you like it,,,,,Baddman told me he's running it the same way you are.. it gives it super fast line speed ,Plus lots of finger pinching power,, he says,he's running 3s & 4s , Thank you Robert

rangair94 03-07-2013 08:42 AM

How do you order one?

KMS 03-07-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangair94 (Post 4217133)
How do you order one?

Sent you a pm ,Thank you, Robert

klaygrover 03-08-2013 06:59 PM

When and did some crawling today and this is the best winch I have ever had!! I love the power it has on an fxr and the way i can control the line speed. You can't go wrong with KMS winch.