RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   Auto Hazard Lights with Brake, Reverse, Driving Light Controller (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/426710-auto-hazard-lights-brake-reverse-driving-light-controller.html)

heyok 02-03-2013 07:20 PM

Auto Hazard Lights with Brake, Reverse, Driving Light Controller

:idea:Like some of my other brake light controllers, this one also operates reverse lights, forward lights and has a convenient "always on" output. The new feature is the automatic hazard lights. When the brakes have been on for half a minute, the hazard light output begins to flash until the brake lights turn off (once you move the throttle to forward or reverse).

** The brake lights will be glowing dim when the brakes aren't applied. This is to simulate running lights.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...psb7d92b22.jpg

Thanks to TrailDawg362 for suggesting that I make this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 4161847)
I'm a little disappointed, Al. I thought we were going to call it the "Traildawg is a Trail Hazard" light controller! :lmao:

Thanks for your time and effort, can't wait to get it and hooked up :mrgreen:.

Brake, Reverse, Driving Light Controller with Auto Hazard Lights
Part No. BKFWRVH
$35

Super 02-03-2013 07:34 PM

Re: Brake, Reverse, Driving Light Controller with Auto Hazard Lights

How sensitive to water is this unit? Going on the "Things I need" list.:mrgreen:

heyok 02-03-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super (Post 4160870)
How sensitive to water is this unit? Going on the "Things I need" list.:mrgreen:

I make it as water proof as I can. The electronics are sealed in plasti dip and then covered in heat shrink. Just protect the output pins from shorts and you are good. The only issue could be corrosion of the connector pins on the servo plugs and the output pins. It will run fine under water.

TrailDawg362 02-04-2013 11:28 AM

If you've ever seen me drive on the trails, you'd know that hazard lights should be mandatory on all my vehichles :mrgreen:. Thanks for another great product!

TrailDawg362 02-04-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super (Post 4161879)
:lmao::lmao:

I can vouch for that!:flipoff:

Never a dull moment ;-).

heyok 02-04-2013 11:51 AM

This is fun, but this thread is for selling stuff...

TrailDawg362 02-04-2013 05:15 PM

Re: Auto Hazard Lights with Brake, Reverse, Driving Light Controller

Back to business then. I can see that each pin powers the lights for that function. I'll assume thats a positive voltage source, correct? I'm also assuming that all the leds would be wired to a common ground, also correct? Where would that ground terminate, somewhere in the RX? What would be the cleanest way to connect to the pins? Female servo terminals? Thanks for your patience with all the questions, can't wait till mine arrives :mrgreen:.

heyok 02-04-2013 05:41 PM

Actually, all of the positives are tied together. Each marker you see is tied to positive. The circuitry pulls the pin beneath the one with the marker on it to ground to activate the light.

Have you seen my LED wiring tutorial? It shows you exactly what to do the get these things going. Right from raw LEDs from an electronics supplier.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...wire-leds.html

In the tutorial, I show how to connect more than one LED together and show them connected to an old servo cable that will plug into the output of the controllers I make.

By all means, let me know if that doesn't cover it well enough and I will try and make things more clear.

toka100 05-11-2017 07:09 PM

Is there any specific setup steps for this. When I turn on the truck all the leds blink really quick 4 or 5 times then blink 3 times followed by a single blink. With no reaction to throttle inputs

heyok 05-12-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toka100 (Post 5706569)
Is there any specific setup steps for this. When I turn on the truck all the leds blink really quick 4 or 5 times then blink 3 times followed by a single blink. With no reaction to throttle inputs

Just have it plugged into your receiver and ESC. Power up the transmitter, then power up the truck. Wait until the lights stop flashing - that's when the controller takes note of the throttle position as being in the center (stop mode) and lights the brake light output. Then when you go forward or reverse, the brake light goes out and one of the other lights comes on.

If you are having trouble, send me a PM and I will help.