Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: Team Brood Scaler Limited Edition 35 Turn 2014 #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Team Brood Scaler Limited Edition 35 Turn 2014 #2

The first LE of 2014 sold out quick, so to be fair here is another for the scaler crowd! I dipped into my stash and pulled out some more OG teardowns.

These feature a 1.4mm thick can with FB9 magnets. Specifically placed vent holes provide optimal cooling while not compromising magnetic properties which effect torque and efficiency.

An aluminum heatsink endbell is hard anodized and use the oval shaped “Ellipse™” brush system. Ellipse brush system is designed to provide enough surface area to the comm to deliver the voltage to your armature, yet fire softer to keep the commutator from burning up. XXX High Silver brushes are the ultimate in long lasting performance.

The armature features a custom half slot in the arm, which basically frees up the arm as it rotates through the magnetic field. In crawling it will mimic a 4 magnet can to a degree, but you won't lose as much drag brake as you do with a 4 magnet can....since the arm has less steel, there is a little loss of torque, but they produce more overall power. Unlike the full slotted armatures, these provide a more modest change in the feel. Still noticeable but won't cut into run time, drag brake, or torque like full slot would. The armature is precision ground to the optimal diameter for perfect airgap on both sides, along with polished and dyed for a superior finish. Correct airgap offers the best torque, rpm, and brake while allowing consistent starts.

I've gone over the benefits of a HHK before, so I will save most of my breath....basically, more copper....MORE power, torque, and RPM. Also, having gone over Epoxy Balancing before, these are Epoxy balanced so we are NOT removing any more steel, as with the slot a decent amount has been removed already.

Only 7 Motors are being made...7 people with something unique that not everyone else has.

Shaft is engraved with wind. Limited Edition Sticker

Here are the specs

2 Magnet High Torque Can
Ellipse XXX Brushes
5mm Slotted Armature
Epoxy Balanced
7.5mm Comm
35 Turns of 20.5 AWG Wire

$94.99 plus Shipping $7 shipping in the USA (international rates vary)......First come first served!

Order Here!
Team Brood Racing LE Scaler Motor

Last edited by EddieO; 06-03-2014 at 08:54 PM.
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #2

Default Re: Team Brood Scaler Limited Edition 35 Turn 2014 #2

Hey Eddie, can you give me some advice on where is best to solder wires on this bad boy please?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Shizanester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Here is a pic

Couple of tits...pre tin the wire....pre tin the hood....heat hood and dip wire in. Don't let solder flow to the brush connection....or into the slot that holds the spring.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #4

Right on, thank you so much for the picture and info Eddie!
Shizanester is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Brood Scaler Limited Edition 35 Turn 2014 #2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Brood 2014 Limited Edition Scaler Motor EddieO Vendors Electronics 5 06-01-2014 04:54 PM
Team Brood Scaler V2 Limited Edition 35 Turn Epoxy Balanced HHK Slotted Armature!!! EddieO Vendors Electronics 9 07-01-2013 01:31 PM
Team Brood Ruby Red Limited Edition 35 Turn Epoxy Balanced HHK Slotted Armature!!! EddieO Vendors Electronics 2 12-04-2012 11:26 AM
Team Brood 2011 Limited Edition #2 35t Scaler Motor! EddieO Vendors Electronics 10 04-10-2011 08:48 AM
Team Brood 2011 Limited Edition #1 EddieO Vendors Electronics 19 02-27-2011 06:21 AM