Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller

Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller

This part is mainly for guys with the TRX4 and want to stop burning out their diff locker servos as they have found the stock transmitter doesn't let them set end points for the diff lockers. On the controller there are four pots that are used to set the end-points for the two diff locker servos. This controller also lets you run a winch.

Part Number: WWCDL
Price $80

Also available with Soft Start for $10 more. This causes the winch power to ramp up over about 1/2 a second in order to be more gentle on the winch gears and line.
Part Number WWCDLSS
Price $90

Last edited by heyok; 04-17-2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Changed product photo
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller

AL,
I was just about to upgrade to a new radio for the diff servos and researching which of your controllers for a winch and saw this. Such a great product.

I have to ask but probably don't need to as you over engineer everything. Does this allow the end points to be set?

For a fee can you change the plug to XT60?

3S compatible?

Last edited by cmbscx10; 05-10-2018 at 10:24 AM.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
AL,
I was just about to upgrade to a new radio for the diff servos and researching which of your controllers for a winch and saw this. Such a great product.

I have to ask but probably don't need to as you over engineer everything. Does this allow the end points to be set?

For a fee can you change the plug to XT60?

3S compatible?
Thank you for the questions!
I realize now that the picture doesn't show what is happening. Around the back side of the controller are four pots that let you set the end points for the two diff servos. I'll get a new picture in there soon!

No problem about the XT60 connectors. I can do that (I think) for the same price).

It will operate fine on 2S or 3S.
Note also that it needs to plug into the receiver in order to get power to run the diff servos.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

How does your winch controller work? I recently bought one that runs off my 4th channel, and you push the button once and it continuously turns in one direction until you press the button again. I would prefer it wind the winch while the button is held, then stop when released. Do yours work like this, or can the be set up to do so?
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
How does your winch controller work? I recently bought one that runs off my 4th channel, and you push the button once and it continuously turns in one direction until you press the button again. I would prefer it wind the winch while the button is held, then stop when released. Do yours work like this, or can the be set up to do so?
You posted your question in a thread that is about a wireless winch controller. In this case, the winch runs when you hold a button down and stops when you release it.

I make winch controllers that work from your transmitter's three position channel. When in the center position, the winch is stopped.
My suggestion is to check out what is happening with your system. Connect a servo to your winch channel. See if the servo returns to the center position when you release the control. My guess is that your transmitter needs you to click the channel for each position change (doesn't automatically return the servo to the center position).
Old 05-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
You posted your question in a thread that is about a wireless winch controller. In this case, the winch runs when you hold a button down and stops when you release it.

I make winch controllers that work from your transmitter's three position channel. When in the center position, the winch is stopped.
My suggestion is to check out what is happening with your system. Connect a servo to your winch channel. See if the servo returns to the center position when you release the control. My guess is that your transmitter needs you to click the channel for each position change (doesn't automatically return the servo to the center position).
Ok, I know yours is a separate wireless controller, I was just using mine as an example of what I don't want it to do, lol

I will double-check the channel operation with a servo, but the instructions for the winch controller made it sound like the continuous operation thing was the way it was intended to work. Thanks for the info.

Also, wanted to clarify my current controller is not one of yours... cash was tight so I bought a super cheap.one on eBay.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

buttons C & D also can be engaged or disengaged independently as well i assume ? which seems to be an even greater reason to purchase this. i have read so many times over and over in different threads and forums about people not liking the process of locking the diffs from the factory radio
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:47 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
buttons C & D also can be engaged or disengaged independently as well i assume ? which seems to be an even greater reason to purchase this. i have read so many times over and over in different threads and forums about people not liking the process of locking the diffs from the factory radio
Yes. Push and release C or D to lock or unlock!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #9

What's the coiled wire outside of your black sealant package? Is that the antenna for the fob?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
What's the coiled wire outside of your black sealant package? Is that the antenna for the fob?
Yes, that's the antenna for the receiver.

Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless Winch and Diff Locker Controller heyok Traxxas TRX-4 27 02-27-2018 09:41 AM