Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #201
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoyken View Post
I also picked one up from Hobbytown, San Jose and have the exact same issues. I shot an email out Thursday but haven't heard back yet. Brian, the owner of that Hobbytown, straightened the pin and says it's working fine, but I'd rather not risk making it worse. I really wanted to test it out today, but now it's sitting back in the box. :-( Hopefully I'll get a response soon.
Same case issue as rckjeep and killjoyken on one of the bolts rubbing the case. We alll bought at the same place so I assume these came from the same batch. I filed a little off of the case to make the bolt slide through the hole straight. I also see some nylon residue coming out from under the bushing but it does not appear to be affecting anything when I slide it manually.

My biggest issue and I just sent a email is the servo mount was missing from the packaging.
Dewmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #202
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useree View Post
I got the black DNA dig about a month ago from rcpcrawlers and just had the time to install it recently. After installing it, following instructions epa was set fine, engagement is smooth. Then I noticed both driveshafts yokes were wobbling when the truck moves. The shift fork shaft was also affected moving in & out a little pushing the servo horn back and forth but it caused the servo to load when I ran my truck.

Opened it up to check if I had installed the outdrive wrongly but its perfectly flat. Assembled it back again with same problem and I opened it out again. After a few tinkering, I noticed both of the outdrives do not fit as tight to the transmission case bearings. The original stock outdrives fits to the bearing perfectly tight. So I swapped the front outdrive with the stock axial and assembled it back.

Now when I run the truck with stock axial front outdrive, no more wobbling to the front outdrive and it turns perfect. But the rear still wobbles a bit and still loading the servo when it moves. Don't know if these will affect the servo lifespan but I'm sure the servo is consuming more power when I run the truck even when I'm not really engaging the dig. Both of the outdrives don't fit the bearings as tight as the stock ones. I've tried to sandwich a thin piece of paper in between the outdrive and bearing hoping to have a tight fit, but the paper just can't get in the unseen gap:-(.

Really need your help on this one. Seems the size tolerance on the outdrives fit to the bearings is a tad smaller.

Thanks,
Yus
E-mail sent.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #203
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmerz View Post
Same case issue as rckjeep and killjoyken on one of the bolts rubbing the case. We alll bought at the same place so I assume these came from the same batch. I filed a little off of the case to make the bolt slide through the hole straight. I also see some nylon residue coming out from under the bushing but it does not appear to be affecting anything when I slide it manually.

My biggest issue and I just sent a email is the servo mount was missing from the packaging.
Please e-mail customerservice@dna-rc.com and we will get you the servo mount. Also the other issuses that you mentioned have been corrected. The bushings get pressed in and they do "peal" some plastic off. This has also been corrected. It will not effect the performance of the dig, but for cosmetic's we changed it. Sorry for the delay this may have caused you.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #204
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the reply. I sent a email to the address you listed.
Dewmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #205

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Email was sent with my included name and address.
Useree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #206
I wanna be Dave

hey don!
i stripped my front outputshaft on my dig at crawlapalooza,
can i get a replacement and a spare?
send me pm
thanks!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Hi Don, sorry to be such a pain, i have sent 2 e-mails , but didn't get an answer, i know your pc has been down also, just wanted to make sure you received the shipping info.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #208
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Hi Don, sorry to be such a pain, i have sent 2 e-mails , but didn't get an answer, i know your pc has been down also, just wanted to make sure you received the shipping info.
Package went out today! Thanks .. Solomon....
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
My computer along with Don's went south on us both. Mine on the 17th and Don's before that. We are back up so we are sorting through it. If you think you might be getting over looked please re-send and e-mail to customerservice@dna-rc.com . Sorry for the delay and the wait.

Just sent a second e-mail just to be safe. Thanks.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman2010 View Post
Just sent a second e-mail just to be safe. Thanks.

x2
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
Can you send an e-mail to customerservice@dna-rc.com and please attach any pictures if you can, We will get you fixed up.
I sent another email, haven't heard anything. Was told I'd get parts Thursday and still I have not recieved any parts, whats up?
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
I sent another email, haven't heard anything. Was told I'd get parts Thursday and still I have not recieved any parts, whats up?
Please forward your email to don@dna-rc.com with all your info and I'll look into it right away.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for getting the replacement parts out to me Solomon. Started putting it together today with Dewmerz and everything fit fine. I noticed you guys made the engagement cogs a little smaller. Is this supposed to ease engagement?
killjoyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #214
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post

Parts where sent. I will track them.... Parts were sent same day killjoy's were sent. San Jose or MN ?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #215
Rock Crawler

so I jus got my dig working ok today. I had to put a full size servo in it to actually engage because of all the slop in the bushings (sent 2 e-mails and still no reply about slop) and so I was running it today and both out drives rounded so now my drivelines won't tighten well so I cranked the front down (front happened first) and was able to keep driving then the rear out drive rounded out so I tightened that down and kept goin, so I was driving around and noticed the rear wheels werent moving so I looked at my radio and it was in 4wd mode. Turns out the piece that bolts on the rear out drive cant tighten because that part is all stripped out. So basically I have a completly useless dig that I now cant recommend to people at the hobbystore I work at. If you can PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
HELP ME AND REPLY TO MY E-MAILS I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!! I dont want to bad mouth your product because of a bad experience SO PLEASE HELP SOON!!
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Email sent.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #217

Default Dig popping out of 4wd

Set up Dig on tranny works well but only problem is when under load 4wd disengages (Popps in and out) set servo end points all the way to lock but still does it, Took tranny apart and re checked everything per instructions and still have the same problem. Was wondering if you have had this problem and how I can fix it. or how can I get extra parts to fix it.

Thank you
SickJeep
SickJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Please forward your email to don@dna-rc.com with all your info and I'll look into it right away.

Don
The parts showed up Saturday via Priority USPS. I did notice the new bushing is .025 larger than the hole in the case. The bushing is .385" the hole is .360" Not sure what's up with that. I'm going to drill it out a bit to .375" and see if it'll press in. Also noticed the output shaft is smaller than the hole in the bushing, though I haven't mic'd it yet.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #219
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman2010 View Post
so I jus got my dig working ok today. I had to put a full size servo in it to actually engage because of all the slop in the bushings (sent 2 e-mails and still no reply about slop) and so I was running it today and both out drives rounded so now my drivelines won't tighten well so I cranked the front down (front happened first) and was able to keep driving then the rear out drive rounded out so I tightened that down and kept goin, so I was driving around and noticed the rear wheels werent moving so I looked at my radio and it was in 4wd mode. Turns out the piece that bolts on the rear out drive cant tighten because that part is all stripped out. So basically I have a completly useless dig that I now cant recommend to people at the hobbystore I work at. If you can PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
HELP ME AND REPLY TO MY E-MAILS I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!! I dont want to bad mouth your product because of a bad experience SO PLEASE HELP SOON!!

I will be in contact with you in the morning.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #220
Rock Crawler

what date are the digs going to be avalible
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote