Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 PM   #241
I wanna be Dave

hey don did you get my outputs sent out yet?
just curious ive been having problems with my
local post office. LOSING MY MAIL!
thanks
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 AM   #242
Quarry Creeper

Don,

I sent a regular email to you back on 10/29 and haven't heard anything yet.

I got the name I was looking for off of another thread that was posted from you. Just was wanting to know about payment info and a price.

I know y'all are busy kickin' ass down there. Just wondering about a response. Keep up the AWESOME work.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodblder View Post
Don,

I sent a regular email to you back on 10/29 and haven't heard anything yet.

I got the name I was looking for off of another thread that was posted from you. Just was wanting to know about payment info and a price.

I know y'all are busy kickin' ass down there. Just wondering about a response. Keep up the AWESOME work.

All of our current 2.2 wheels are 99 bucks plus shipping. TCS carries Stalkers and Assassins in both offsets. If they cant find them in a store, they can come straight to us for them until we get all of our products carried in stores/online stores.

Thanks buddy, we are working hard to get more product in more shops everywhere...just takes time.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #244
I wanna be Dave

Don and solomon, thanks for your great customer service, received my dig rebuild kit, you guys do care about your customers and reputation
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Don and solomon, thanks for your great customer service, received my dig rebuild kit, you guys do care about your customers and reputation
Thanks buddy, we're glad you are all fixed up. Let us know if you ever need anything else!

DNA R/C Crew
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #246

any word on when losi chassis will be available?

thanks mike
bearcat263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #247
RCC Addict

hey don or solomon, is there any way that I could purchase 2 outer 2.2 rings?
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #248
I wanna be Dave

Mini Slingshot is scheduled to be wrapped up by end of this week and will begin shipping next week.

Yukon, absolutely. Send me an email.

Don
Old 11-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #249
Quarry Creeper

Default Problems with DNA Dig

Hi, I'm having some major issues with my DNA/VF dig setup. I got one of the first ones and it was very sloppy. There was some machining issues, and it killed my new servo at the time. The outputs were too small, so the shafts that mounted on them would not center. This chewed up the output and finally broke the rear output. No biggie, new product and all. I just ordered a rebuild kit hoping that all the issues have been worked out. But what I got in the mail was awful and FAR worse than the original setup. All the cast pieces were not cleaned up. The round piece that attaches to the intermidiate rear output had so much mess on it, it would rub on the tranny housing. The rear intermidiate output was also a mess and was not correctly machined. If I put the calipers on it, it was .1000 on one side and .1150 on the other. it would wobble back and forth when spinning and looked like the leaning tower if you set it on the table. I milled it down so the thickness was the same and attempted to assemble it, but the brass pin that comes out of it is not straight... Also, the threads in the front output where it sandwiches the tranny gear are tapped to something other than?? what? The screws from the previous one just push right in... Now, the rear output is machined down too much and is really sloppy in the bushing. I put it together with the old front output and the drivelines wobble all over the place and the whole truck shakes... It will not disengage dig at all without backing up. I really like the design of this setup, but I'm at my wits end with the build quality... I have a comp Sunday, but there is no way my rig is going to be comp worthy by then... What can we do to rectify this situation? Could I possible get a replcement dig unit or such? I really like working on my rig, but that has passed in regards to this matter.
Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by rdtshaw; 11-03-2008 at 08:58 PM.
rdtshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #250
Rock Stacker

Don, left you a message about my dig unit and the problems I have had with it. It was a new one, one of the black units, bought it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Everything was basically the same as the guy in the last message with the screw hole problems in the front output shaft (if there ever was any) the back shaft had such a wobble in it, there was no way you could ever use it, looks like it was drilled by hand and the pin drove in.

Private mail has been sent to you with my info, address and phone number.
Jeff
jfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #251

Don thanks will check back later in week on them. will we be able to get them from you or do we need to go thru a dealer?

thanks mike
bearcat263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #252
RCC Addict

I am sorry that you are having such problems. Please e-mail me @ solomon@dna-rc.com and we can get you fixed up before your comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtshaw View Post
Hi, I'm having some major issues with my DNA/VF dig setup. I got one of the first ones and it was very sloppy. There was some machining issues, and it killed my new servo at the time. The outputs were too small, so the shafts that mounted on them would not center. This chewed up the output and finally broke the rear output. No biggie, new product and all. I just ordered a rebuild kit hoping that all the issues have been worked out. But what I got in the mail was awful and FAR worse than the original setup. All the cast pieces were not cleaned up. The round piece that attaches to the intermidiate rear output had so much mess on it, it would rub on the tranny housing. The rear intermidiate output was also a mess and was not correctly machined. If I put the calipers on it, it was .1000 on one side and .1150 on the other. it would wobble back and forth when spinning and looked like the leaning tower if you set it on the table. I milled it down so the thickness was the same and attempted to assemble it, but the brass pin that comes out of it is not straight... Also, the threads in the front output where it sandwiches the tranny gear are tapped to something other than?? what? The screws from the previous one just push right in... Now, the rear output is machined down too much and is really sloppy in the bushing. I put it together with the old front output and the drivelines wobble all over the place and the whole truck shakes... It will not disengage dig at all without backing up. I really like the design of this setup, but I'm at my wits end with the build quality... I have a comp Sunday, but there is no way my rig is going to be comp worthy by then... What can we do to rectify this situation? Could I possible get a replcement dig unit or such? I really like working on my rig, but that has passed in regards to this matter.
Thanks,

Rob
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #253
Rock Crawler

I want to THANK you guys again for such a great dig unit.

I can tell you guys that I run my rig VERY hard. Full throttle slams into dig and 4wd with a 35t HHH/11.1v setup. While I will say there is some wear....the unit still works perfectly fine and has NEVER skipped a tooth once setup right.

A person Can't expect spinning aluminum teeth to engage into stationary aluminum teeth and not wear a little bit.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #254

I sent you guys a email on 10/30 and nothin back yet. I broke my outputs fixed the front but I need to buy a new rear output or rebuild kit. The one that comes out of the dig. What will it take to get a new one

thanks Jeff
stompinjab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompinjab1 View Post
I sent you guys a email on 10/30 and nothin back yet. I broke my outputs fixed the front but I need to buy a new rear output or rebuild kit. The one that comes out of the dig. What will it take to get a new one

thanks Jeff
email me at don@dna-rc.com and I'll get you fixed up.

Don
Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #256
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
I am sorry that you are having such problems. Please e-mail me @ solomon@dna-rc.com and we can get you fixed up before your comp.

Hi Solomon, thanks for the quick reply. I emailed you.

Cheers,

Rob
rdtshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtshaw View Post
Hi Solomon, thanks for the quick reply. I emailed you.

Cheers,

Rob
Got it and replied. We will get this resolved.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #258

Solomon/Don,

Email sent regarding the Dig unit and spare parts for the dig unit, both have shift fork issues(not threaded deep enough) and hoping I could send them in for replacement.

Btw, can I purchase separately the nylon bushing for the fork and the fork shift rod? I teethed it with a hand grip trying to install it, and might potentially scare the bushing.

Thank you in advance.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 AM   #259
Rock Crawler

Hey Guys,

Email sent about worn Dig internals. Look forward to your reply.

Matt
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Emails replied...thanks guys

Don