Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

just bought one of your digs. from what i hear its a perfect piece or work. ill let you know once i have it installed.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the help on my Dig fellows. I got it back in the mail today and bolted it up and it works great. Just for anyone who doesnt know here is the story.

I bought a dig a few weeks ago and spent about 6 hours getting it in and set up. I finally got it set up to where it would not bind and burn up another servo. I tried to mod my remote and messed it up so I was without the dig for a couple weeks. I got the new remote tried setting EPA on it and couldnt keep the dig from binding. I emailed Don and he said ship the tranny and dig to him he would get it working and ship it back. He recieved the dig last tuesday and got it fixed and sent back out wednesday. That is great service right there.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #23
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert97dodge View Post
Thanks for the help on my Dig fellows. I got it back in the mail today and bolted it up and it works great. Just for anyone who doesnt know here is the story.

I bought a dig a few weeks ago and spent about 6 hours getting it in and set up. I finally got it set up to where it would not bind and burn up another servo. I tried to mod my remote and messed it up so I was without the dig for a couple weeks. I got the new remote tried setting EPA on it and couldnt keep the dig from binding. I emailed Don and he said ship the tranny and dig to him he would get it working and ship it back. He recieved the dig last tuesday and got it fixed and sent back out wednesday. That is great service right there.
Awesome!! Don and Solomon are good guys! They really take care of their customers.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Just got some Thrashers in the mail and the beadlocks are where not matched to the inside of the rim. I'm going to have to sand them down myself so they dont rub on the steering knuckle. My VF assassins came flush on the inside and they work great. Also the finish quality of the rims are not the same as my assassins. I tried to email but got no response yet, Im sure you guys are very busy. LMK what you find out.

Thanks

Last edited by THAT1GUY; 08-27-2008 at 11:00 AM.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT1GUY View Post
Just got some Thrashers in the mail and the beadlocks are where not matched to the inside of the rim. I'm going to have to sand them down myself so they dont rub on the steering knuckle. My VF assassins came flush on the inside and they work great. Also the finish quality of the rims are not the same as my assassins. I tried to email but got no response.

I've already begun looking into it, I didn't mean to ignore your email, I just get a few hundred emails a day and try to plan my replies to make the most of the time available. Working on that issue as well.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I understand that things can get busy. I hope all goes well. Just a couple tweaks and the rims will be great.

Last edited by THAT1GUY; 08-27-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I got my Slingshot SE. Built my truck last night and dam. Even my wife thinks it's sexy. Nice product guys. Oh... while rebuilding, I did a complete tear down of everything and opened my dig for the first time since I installed it. I couldn't find any sign of wear, and the lithium grease was nice and clean.

Thanks for those quality products
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just a couple tweaks and the rims will be great.
Update, the wrong rings were included on the back side of a few sets of Berg wheels that made it out. We will send out the proper back side rings.

Don

Last edited by billet works; 08-27-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good I understand it can get a little busy and that would be a easy to do and hard to see mix-up. You want me to send the other rings back to you? I haven't started to sand them yet.I can send them out today if needed. Just as long as I get the replacements in by Tuesday the 2nd as I'm leaving on the 3rd for Moab. The offset you guys have on these rims are perfect for the Berg axles in my opinion. My width is 10" ouside tire to tire and most others I see are 10.25". Its only a 1/4 inch but that can make a big difference on a course sometimes. I appreciate all the timely help and service.

Thanks Again
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sounds good I understand it can get a little busy and that would be a easy to do and hard to see mix-up. You want me to send the other rings back to you? I haven't started to sand them yet.I can send them out today if needed. Just as long as I get the replacements in by Tuesday the 2nd as I'm leaving on the 3rd for Moab. The offset you guys have on these rims are perfect for the Berg axles in my opinion. My width is 10" ouside tire to tire and most others I see are 10.25". Its only a 1/4 inch but that can make a big difference on a course sometimes. I appreciate all the timely help and service.

Thanks Again
Keep those rings as spares as they are the proper size for the Thrasher face rings...since we screwed up. Please send your address to don@dna-rc.com and I'll forward to our shipping department.

Thanks,

Don
Old 08-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Thanks for throwing up the EPA setting instructions. I just printed them and am going to garage to try and get all 3 positions with my DX3R.I realy want free wheel !
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Awsome,I have a 3 position dig that works very smooth! Your directions worked perfectly.Thanks DNA !
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Default Parts??

just wondering what was the ETA looking like on the DmG's order ???

thanks guys
the DmG
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZORLAC View Post
just wondering what was the ETA looking like on the DmG's order ???

thanks guys

the DmG
got the small qty cut. Working on the 100qty.. Ships monday with great quality... Thanks DMG another Great Vendor!!!
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

hi got a new dig and im missing the threaded rod that goes on the shift fork i got one of the new black ones please help
buster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Default slider not going all the way in to lock gear.

Hi...I just received my DNA Dig from RPP hobbies, thanks for the quick shipping RPP...but I'm having a problem with the horseshoe like slider, for some strange reason its not reaching all the way back to where the gear mesh against the back of the gear case to lock the gear...but if the sliding pin that holds the horseshoe like slider was threaded the other way around it would be flush against the rear inside casing causing the outdrive to lock...I'm not sure if its me but I need some help...will try to get some pictures in...:-(
slip408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster22 View Post
hi got a new dig and im missing the threaded rod that goes on the shift fork i got one of the new black ones please help

E-mail me at solomon@dna-rc.com and will ship it to you on Tuesday...
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip408 View Post
Hi...I just received my DNA Dig from RPP hobbies, thanks for the quick shipping RPP...but I'm having a problem with the horseshoe like slider, for some strange reason its not reaching all the way back to where the gear mesh against the back of the gear case to lock the gear...but if the sliding pin that holds the horseshoe like slider was threaded the other way around it would be flush against the rear inside casing causing the outdrive to lock...I'm not sure if its me but I need some help...will try to get some pictures in...:-(
Hey buddy Thanks for choosing Rpp I am sorry I was not help over the phone today. I get turned around easy at times. and for me pictures are worth a thousand words Please do post up and If I can't make a suggestion I am sure don will chime right in
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

DNA, thanks for hooking up my buddy with a WK chassis. By tomorrow my buddy Rob will have his nice chassis. Thanks again. You guys are great to work with.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys thanks for the parts my vf dig works good execept digging on incline will sift to lock. will not shift back into 4wd 75% of the time. . Just slips against clog?? ( the alum part that bolts in side trany) epa set good. when on level ground works great. any help would be great
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote