Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #401
RCC Addict

just wondering how much the losi mrc chassis kit is and where i could buy 1. i have checked all the vendors listed in your thread and they either are out or not even listed on the sites thanks
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancrawler View Post
hey just got my cfx chassis kit for xmas and boy do you guys need to inspect your products before shipping them out.Holes on skid are nowhere close to lining up.Numerous nicks and voids in chassis plates.Looks like grinder marks on the inside of one plate.I know cf is a new material to you guys but you gotta think that at retail its almost $200 and the quality should be alot better.Thinking of maybe going delrin instead?
just got an email from solomon@DNA and hes is going to take care of the issues with my CFX.He stands behind his products 100% and for that I thank him.so i think everyone needs DNA products!
hawaiiancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #403
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
The skid arrived here to replace one of the bad ones we got with the Slingshot chassis we sold to Mels. Unfortunately, it's holes are even worse than the one it's replacing! I can stick a 2mm Hudy tool through one, and it's not even CLOSE to lined up on the other side. Of the 3 Slingshots we ordered, 2 had bad skids, and the one a customer was happy with still wasn't perfect, but tolerable.

I worried about DNA's build quality after the many dig units we received missing holes, or with bent parts, or machining debris/damage, or Sharpie marker to cover up nicks... And now the chassis have issues too. You guys seriously need to inspect this stuff BEFORE sending it out to STRC, or directly to customers. You make neat products, and I like supporting crawler companies, but I get tired of dealing with unhappy customers due to poor quality control.

I have a bunch of your MRC Slingshots coming. Hopefully they will be 'up to code?'

Thanks,
Ryan
Tammie's Hobbies
Ryan,
After looking into the skid, problem we did find that the holes on one side of about 10-12 skids where drilled forward. We have corrected this problem and will replace the skids ASAP for any of your customers as well as anyone that is having the same problem. DNA will stand behind ALL of there products 100% to make sure the dealers and customers are satisfied. Sorry for the QA problem, it has been corrected.

Last edited by 210solomon007; 12-29-2008 at 11:18 AM.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #404
I wanna be Dave

Glad to hear it! We need 2 delrin skids. Thanks!

Ryan
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #405
RCC Addict

Quote:

Ryan
Will get these out to you ASAP!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #406
Pebble Pounder

new to this thread so sorry for this question. how do i order replacment parts for my dna dig? stripped the output shaft.
inline6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
new to this thread so sorry for this question. how do i order replacment parts for my dna dig? stripped the output shaft.
send 210solomon007 a pm hes the man at DNA-RC he will hook u up
hawaiiancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #408
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancrawler View Post
send 210solomon007 a pm hes the man at DNA-RC he will hook u up
thank you very much, will do
inline6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #409
Rock Crawler

Thanks again Solomon for the awesome support, and the nice surprise. DNA rocks!
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #410
RCC Addict

Quote:

Ryan
Sent..
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #411
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
thank you very much, will do

please e-mail customerservice@dna-rc.com and we can get you hooked up..
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #412
RCC Addict

No prob solomon7
Old 12-31-2008, 01:28 AM   #413
Rock Crawler

I got a DNA dig and im not to impressed with the machining. Almost all the parts have burs on them that will require filing. Kind of disappointed that i would have to do a lot of finish work to make it work. If you need pics i got them.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #414
Rock Stacker

Shoei....what are you doing up so late??? We are grounded cause of fog...checking out DNA stuff with my spare time!
41565chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #415
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoei1 View Post
I got a DNA dig and im not to impressed with the machining. Almost all the parts have burs on them that will require filing. Kind of disappointed that i would have to do a lot of finish work to make it work. If you need pics i got them.

I'm not sure what you've encountered but I would be happy to have you email me some pics or mail it to us and let us send you out a replacement. We have thousands of these units out there working great including a few shop units running parts with no anodize or grease at all. Send an email to me at the addy in my sig and put in the subject your screen name and problem.

Hope this helps,

Don

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone!
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #416
I wanna be Dave

Hello,

I just recieved my DNA dig, I bought it through RPP Hobby. I have a big problem with the rear facing outdrive, the one with the counter bore for the brass pin.

The Brass pin was slightly 'tweeked' upon initial inspection. I could actually see marks were something had gripped the brass pin. After I assembled the unit, it felt like everything wobbled when running motor power through it. I disassembled the unit and had a closer look at everything. I discovered the 'tweeked' brass pin was done to cover up the counter bore that isn't concentric to the shaft. If you look down the counterbore ( the one where the brass pin goes in to) you can SEE where the drill mark isn't even centered in the bore.

To verify this, I removed the brass pin and inserted a hardened dowel pin, then chucked up the entire gear assembly in a lathe and checked the pin for run out. I got almost .060 !!

How do I get a replacement set of outdrives? I can't believe that they would all be like this.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #417

Default Why not standard size DIG servos?

I am very impressed with the design and quality of the DIG unit.

I am a Mechanical Enginer (15 years), and I have seen my share of parts and assemblies.

BUT . . . Why didn't you use standard size DIG servos?

I understand that space is at a premium, but not everyone stocks the 225MG servo, and most of us end up with at least 1 standard size servo in their spare parts box.

I've got two brand new Hitec 311's, a new 645MG, two different TRAXXAS servos, and a Futaba 3003 - and they are all the standard size!

I'm going to have to fab up a standard size servo mount.

Last edited by jrabenius; 01-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.
jrabenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #418
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Hello,

I just recieved my DNA dig, I bought it through RPP Hobby. I have a big problem with the rear facing outdrive, the one with the counter bore for the brass pin.

The Brass pin was slightly 'tweeked' upon initial inspection. I could actually see marks were something had gripped the brass pin. After I assembled the unit, it felt like everything wobbled when running motor power through it. I disassembled the unit and had a closer look at everything. I discovered the 'tweeked' brass pin was done to cover up the counter bore that isn't concentric to the shaft. If you look down the counterbore ( the one where the brass pin goes in to) you can SEE where the drill mark isn't even centered in the bore.

To verify this, I removed the brass pin and inserted a hardened dowel pin, then chucked up the entire gear assembly in a lathe and checked the pin for run out. I got almost .060 !!

How do I get a replacement set of outdrives? I can't believe that they would all be like this.
Send an email to customerservice@dna-rc.com with your name, address, and problem you had and we will get you fixed up first thing Monday. They are definitely not all like that, and we sincerely apologize for your setback.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #419
TSK
Shelf queen

Default upgraded dig servo mount???

On the whole I am very pleased with the dig unit you have produced. However I think it would be great if you guys were to put into production a low cg servo mount much like this:

****CDW 1.0 Comp Chassis Build****

Of course you'd have to redesign it a bit or give some proper credit to it's design, but for a guy like me who doesn't have access to the neccessary tools/equipment to make one from scratch having a readily available product likethis would be kiiler.

Of cousre you can have it available for use with either mini or standard size servos.

Just a thought, but something I'd pay money for.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #420
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Send an email to customerservice@dna-rc.com with your name, address, and problem you had and we will get you fixed up first thing Monday. They are definitely not all like that, and we sincerely apologize for your setback.

Don

thank you, sir. I just sent a copy of the post along with my shipping info.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote