Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #1021
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

I would like to take thgis time to thank Don and his team for the AWESOME customer service. The dub top on my mantis got broken at our first comp of the season and I asked him how to or what to do about glueing it back together and he said he would send me a new top for it. Well after a few redirected emails to his just folder he lost contact with me for quite some time and I was sure that I wouldn't get them. Then after a short chat with him once my emails were going to the wrong place, he sent them out, the first set he sent got lost in the mail for some reason. I am glad to say that they got to me today just in time for our next comp here in Vancouver BC. So I will be putting my rig back to once again brand new ....THANKS DON FOR THE AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE......You sir rock for sure
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #1022
Pebble Pounder

Hey Don, I'd like to order a sss-r for my ax10. I want to run it with a hitec hs-7980 which is about 10% larger than a standard servo, could you confirm if this would fit well or not? With bta via axial high clearance knuckles...

I haven't ordered the servo yet either, so it's not a huge deal if it doesn't, but ideally the 611Oz torque would be quite nice.

Thanks,
Jonathan
AgentXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #1023
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traikun View Post
Hey Don, I'd like to order a sss-r for my ax10. I want to run it with a hitec hs-7980 which is about 10% larger than a standard servo, could you confirm if this would fit well or not? With bta via axial high clearance knuckles...

I haven't ordered the servo yet either, so it's not a huge deal if it doesn't, but ideally the 611Oz torque would be quite nice.

Thanks,
Jonathan
The servo mount slots should easily allow room for the 7980. I'm not sure with the axial knuckles tho. I'll see if I can't confirm this tomorrow buddy.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #1024
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
The servo mount slots should easily allow room for the 7980. I'm not sure with the axial knuckles tho. I'll see if I can't confirm this tomorrow buddy.

Don
I'm sure I can figure it out and make it work one way or another with the axial knuckles. 7980 is ordered, next to order is the SSS-R, within a couple of weeks in all likelihood.

Couple of questions though. If I read correctly, the rear links are a little longer than the front, so I was curious of the theory behind that, and how it affects driving etc?

Cheers :-)
AgentXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #1025
Rock Crawler

Hi Don,

I wish to purchase a Ax-10 Wedge Low Pro Chassis. I visited your website and put a chassis in the cart and proceeded to check out because I want to find out how much the postage is, to my surprise, Normal is $7.95, 2 days is $9.95 and next day is $11.95.

I am in Australia (closed to where highluck lives) and think the postage may not be correct. Can you confirm for me please.

Thanks. David.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #1026
Quarry Creeper

Hey Don, do you think you could do a low profile topper for the XR wedge?

I am not a fan at all of the way it can be mounted lower now. It really conflicts with the way I have my links set up.

Something similar to the Thing topper would be cool.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1027

Hey Don, Do you know when the Micro Wheel Wideners will be in stock? I am looking for the whole kit. I have sent two emails to you on your website but have never heard anything. Please let me know. Thanks
btransue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #1028
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
Hi Don,

I wish to purchase a Ax-10 Wedge Low Pro Chassis. I visited your website and put a chassis in the cart and proceeded to check out because I want to find out how much the postage is, to my surprise, Normal is $7.95, 2 days is $9.95 and next day is $11.95.

I am in Australia (closed to where highluck lives) and think the postage may not be correct. Can you confirm for me please.

Thanks. David.
Yeah, the shipping calculator in my store has issues from time to time. I am working to get those bugs resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
Hey Don, do you think you could do a low profile topper for the XR wedge?

I am not a fan at all of the way it can be mounted lower now. It really conflicts with the way I have my links set up.

Something similar to the Thing topper would be cool.
I've been looking at it to see what I can do...hopefully I'll have some news soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btransue View Post
Hey Don, Do you know when the Micro Wheel Wideners will be in stock? I am looking for the whole kit. I have sent two emails to you on your website but have never heard anything. Please let me know. Thanks
Micro parts should be back in stock soon. Those pesky barrel nuts have always been the issue on the wideners. Trying to improve them on this next batch.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #1029
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

Is there any chance to get a set of 2.2 Thrashers from you?

Thanks,
Heido
Heido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #1030
E.Y. Designs

Hey I sent you an Email with a question about mounting my Battery Guard/Servo mount but I never got a response could you please reply.

Thanks!
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #1031
Quarry Creeper

Hey there, I just bought the ax wedge chassis and cab and on the first run, the rear link mount broke. Also, the quality of links was just horrible. I actually gave them back to the crawl space to sell cause there is no way I would run them on my car. The holes were not drilled even close to center and really not straight. Also, what length shocks are recommended for this chassis? I really want to try the sssr for ax, are they in stock in white?

reply via bionic and tapatalk
phllint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #1032
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by phllint View Post
Hey there, I just bought the ax wedge chassis and cab and on the first run, the rear link mount broke. Also, the quality of links was just horrible. I actually gave them back to the crawl space to sell cause there is no way I would run them on my car. The holes were not drilled even close to center and really not straight. Also, what length shocks are recommended for this chassis? I really want to try the sssr for ax, are they in stock in white?

reply via bionic and tapatalk

Send me an email so I can get you fixed up on the link mount, of hundreds sold I'm not sure I've heard of someone breaking one. I run the standard long big bores on mine right now with 1/4" pen springs under my pistons...and really like them. Again, please send me an email and I'll address your issues.

Don
Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #1033
Quarry Creeper

yo don i just got a set of your xr derlin lower links, and the hit my upper links, my elec box, my motor and my chassis. whats up? is there something i missing? i got the stock stuff so it would work with out modn it. let me know bro!
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #1034
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
yo don i just got a set of your xr derlin lower links, and the hit my upper links, my elec box, my motor and my chassis. whats up? is there something i missing? i got the stock stuff so it would work with out modn it. let me know bro!

I've sold several hundred sets and haven't heard of anyone having these issues...let alone all of them combined. Pics would help. I will say the links will not work with the stock electronics tray...but that tray is a mess anyway, and is why I produce and sell a ton of my light weight flat top electronic trays. Sounds like your shock angles and upper link mounting points might be off as well. Again, difficult to diagnose sight unseen but we will help you work through this.

Don
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1035
Quarry Creeper

well dont u think u should tell people that the links u sell for the xr10 will not work with a stock set up?? kinda a let down when u buy somthing and find out AFTER the fact that u need to but more suff to make it even work. further more the motor guards i got hit the steering. wont let me turn right all the way.i have read on the forum and other people have had same issues. like i said just a bummer.my upper links are in the middle, pulled to the front. it hits my chassis at the ends.I really do like ur stuff and would like to get a chassis but i want to get these issues resolved! thanks don for ur time any suggs are really helpful THANKS!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #1036
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
well dont u think u should tell people that the links u sell for the xr10 will not work with a stock set up?? kinda a let down when u buy somthing and find out AFTER the fact that u need to but more suff to make it even work. further more the motor guards i got hit the steering. wont let me turn right all the way.i have read on the forum and other people have had same issues. like i said just a bummer.my upper links are in the middle, pulled to the front. it hits my chassis at the ends.I really do like ur stuff and would like to get a chassis but i want to get these issues resolved! thanks don for ur time any suggs are really helpful THANKS!
Any chance you can post pics? I'm not here to let my customers go without help.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #1037
Quarry Creeper

BRO ijust want to say i stuffed a cork in my vag and went for it and did my mod ,threw out the "garbage" and the links are GREAT!!! need to get rid of stock steering anyway! THANKS for showin me the way don sometimes just need to DO it thanks again , sic design
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #1038
Adilynsdad too!

Hello good sir, any idea on when you might have some more micro wheels in stock if ever?

Thanks
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #1039
I wanna be Dave

I've got them in process. I've just recently had a lot of time and cash going towards a special project designed to help keep our troops safe in the sand box.

Shoot me an email my friend, I may have something you can use.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #1040
Quarry Creeper

any eta on the micro barrel nuts??? or did i miss out?... i noticed they are back on the site but out of stock...
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote