Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #101
Rock Stacker

Hey, do you think DNA products can make a bolt on mount for a standard servo ?
I have seen alot of issues with the smaller servos trying to do the work, and people going to bigger servos. It would be nice to have a bolt on piece that matched !!
Creepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 AM   #102
RCC Addict

we can look into it.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Solomon, Don gave me a price last week on some delrin chassis plates for my slingshot chassis and the link plates. I would really like to send the payment and get the parts ordered, but I never heard back from him. Could you check into it and let me know where to send the payment? I know you're busy and I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to look into it.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
Solomon, Don gave me a price last week on some delrin chassis plates for my slingshot chassis and the link plates. I would really like to send the payment and get the parts ordered, but I never heard back from him. Could you check into it and let me know where to send the payment? I know you're busy and I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to look into it.
Pm sent.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #105
RCC Addict

I just got one of your new Black dig units through RCP and this thing rocks. I have had 2 of the older ones ad they were OK, but the new version is simply amazing. It took very little to get it as smoothas butter. I just wish you would make a servo mount for a standard servo
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #106

Quite dissapointed really.

Installing mine at mo, and have had to stop as the drive cog has a great chunck of burr in it, which i've removed, but the hole isn't perfectly round and can't install it, as it just won't fit onto the outdrive.

Being in U.k. means I guess i'm having to get this machined myself :-(
plod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plod View Post
Quite dissapointed really.

Installing mine at mo, and have had to stop as the drive cog has a great chunck of burr in it, which i've removed, but the hole isn't perfectly round and can't install it, as it just won't fit onto the outdrive.

Being in U.k. means I guess i'm having to get this machined myself :-(

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. What can we do to help?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

I need a couple digs...............Where can I purchase them? Please PM or email me at 16ltoy@msn.com with info please. Thank you, Kerry
kerrywittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. What can we do to help?
Luckily I knew a guy with a lathe in his garage, and he has machined it to correct the imperfection.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #110

Default possible dig issue...

I just picked up one or the black units. It showed up friday, got it on the truck sat. Sat night on the way to bed I was questioning my sanity for doing so.

I picked up a decent min servo, not a 225, but still rated for 57oz/in. I went through the end points multiple time on the bench. Looked and acted perfect. Not humming, no binding, no problem.

Have to question the sloppy loose hard to catch threads in the shift fork for the shift rod.

Tossed the thing on the floor, in 10mins I had nasty servo issues. Acting like a tooth is gone. I got it up on the bench, no load. All end points were right on the money, no humming, no binding no nothing. Just a very grumpy brand new servo. It still worked, just touchy to not get it into run on mode.

So, sunday AM, ripped off that servo, and fabbed up mounting a 645mg to the bottom of the battery plate, not fun, not a happy camper, was supposed to be out playing, not fixing. But, it's working, and last more than 15mins on the floor.

Off to the rocks.... it's working, changing modes nicely.

New issue, or so I think, there is an awfully lot of play in the outdrive already. I only put an hour on the truck. Yes, I rolled the pinion angle up as flat as possible.

How much llife can I expect from those end bushings? How much are new ones?

Can you guys work up a bolt on full sized servo mount?

Can the outdrive be redone with a ball bearing (with or without a slip sleeve) to get rid of all this play?
hcssbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywittig View Post
I need a couple digs...............Where can I purchase them? Please PM or email me at 16ltoy@msn.com with info please. Thank you, Kerry

www.rchqonline.com or RPP .
Old 09-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #112
RCC Addict

I will shoot you a pm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcssbd View Post
I just picked up one or the black units. It showed up friday, got it on the truck sat. Sat night on the way to bed I was questioning my sanity for doing so.

I picked up a decent min servo, not a 225, but still rated for 57oz/in. I went through the end points multiple time on the bench. Looked and acted perfect. Not humming, no binding, no problem.

Have to question the sloppy loose hard to catch threads in the shift fork for the shift rod.

Tossed the thing on the floor, in 10mins I had nasty servo issues. Acting like a tooth is gone. I got it up on the bench, no load. All end points were right on the money, no humming, no binding no nothing. Just a very grumpy brand new servo. It still worked, just touchy to not get it into run on mode.

So, sunday AM, ripped off that servo, and fabbed up mounting a 645mg to the bottom of the battery plate, not fun, not a happy camper, was supposed to be out playing, not fixing. But, it's working, and last more than 15mins on the floor.

Off to the rocks.... it's working, changing modes nicely.

New issue, or so I think, there is an awfully lot of play in the outdrive already. I only put an hour on the truck. Yes, I rolled the pinion angle up as flat as possible.

How much llife can I expect from those end bushings? How much are new ones?

Can you guys work up a bolt on full sized servo mount?

Can the outdrive be redone with a ball bearing (with or without a slip sleeve) to get rid of all this play?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Now that's customer service!

2 minutes before their posted opening time (10 am central), I got Steve @ RCHQ on the phone and ordered all the items (digs/servos) and their now on the way to my hotel in Denver. Now if you get your website up to speed like your quick and helpful response to my request to, "Where and who has digs in stock?", your business is sure to be a sucsess. In fact it might be a really great feature to have on your website a list of what retailers (including each retailers tel # & link) currently have your products in stock.............That would be very innovative and unique.
Thanks again for your time and effort............Kerry
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #114

Just noticed another issue on mine.

As the shift fork isn't a smooth operation on mine, I pulled it apart again, and looking into that now, but the supplied 3mm screws for securing the sevo mount to the casing are too long, and were digging into the original axial transmission casing.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Solomon provides the best customer service. I recommend DNA to anyone who wants to install a dig. And don't forget to ask about the stickers.

DNA Rocks!!!
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

DNA you guys are awesome. I was having trouble running a 225 servo with the dig and Solomon sent me the newest parts to make this thing work right. And now it does. Great product, great customer service. Solomon asked me to post a pic of my dig unit so here it is. Thanks Solomon.

rc4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 AM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plod View Post
Just noticed another issue on mine.

As the shift fork isn't a smooth operation on mine, I pulled it apart again, and looking into that now, but the supplied 3mm screws for securing the sevo mount to the casing are too long, and were digging into the original axial transmission casing.

Pleae e-mail me and I will help you out with any issues that you are having! solomon@dna-rc.com
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #118
Quarry Creeper

I just this morning found 5 DNA digs in stock at http://www.superiorhobbies.com

There are now 3, left since I bought a couple, now I have a spare.

Thanks to all who helped me find da' digs!!

Kerry
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #119

Quote:
Pleae e-mail me and I will help you out with any issues that you are having! solomon@dna-rc.com
Will do bud, but working like a blue arse fly at mo, and haven't had chance to look into the operation for a few days.
Want to get it sorted as I'm supposed to be at my first comp this weekend
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

I have a question anout transmitter 3rd channels. I have two tx 1 is a futaba 3 pm with a on or off 3rd channel. My other option is a airtronics m8 with a rotery dial 3rd channel. I have been useing the m8 but it does not have epa for the 3rd channel. Is there a fix for this issue without buying a new tx??? Like make a spring set up to prevent servo bind at each endpoint... Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks guys Dave

P.S. The 3 pm does have eps but only in 2 positions not 3

Last edited by Lonewolf; 10-02-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: added info
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote