Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #141
Rock Crawler

Mine is binding. I'm using a dual rate setup. Servo is centred in 4wd then will either move to free or lock depending on position of the d/r switch. it woorks great on flat ground but occasionally I have to tap reverse to get it to unlock and return to 4wd.
On inclines/binds however it jus tdoesn't want to come out of lock and doesn't want to go from 4 to free. The servo tries to move but it just gets stuck. No binding when opened up. I don't get it. it was fine when i got the updated parts from ya but now it's working just like my homebrew dig.
Any thoughts? Currently it's fine for play but not comp reliable. EPAs are perfect at 4 less than "hummmmm". I don't get it.
I love the dig though even if it is a little sticky, and the customer service is awesome! Thanks guys

Last edited by solomon7; 10-07-2008 at 05:53 PM.
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #142

Where can you get your dig unit? Every vendor I check are out of stock.
Bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #143
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon7 View Post
Mine is binding. I'm using a dual rate setup. Servo is centred in 4wd then will either move to free or lock depending on position of the d/r switch. it woorks great on flat ground but occasionally I have to tap reverse to get it to unlock and return to 4wd.
On inclines/binds however it jus tdoesn't want to come out of lock and doesn't want to go from 4 to free. The servo tries to move but it just gets stuck. No binding when opened up. I don't get it. it was fine when i got the updated parts from ya but now it's working just like my homebrew dig.
Any thoughts? Currently it's fine for play but not comp reliable. EPAs are perfect at 4 less than "hummmmm". I don't get it.
I love the dig though even if it is a little sticky, and the customer service is awesome! Thanks guys
e-mail me or don and we will get you fixed up. We are happy to work with you.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

did you see my vid? any suggestions how i can buy my dig parts?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #145
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
did you see my vid? any suggestions how i can buy my dig parts?

No send me the link and e-mail me or Don.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
No send me the link and e-mail me or Don.
?? post #140 previous page
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
?? post #140 previous page
Send me or Don an e-mail at customerservice@dna-rc.com and we will get you hooked up...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Send me or Don an e-mail at customerservice@dna-rc.com and we will get you hooked up...
E-mail sent, thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #149
RCC Addict

Working on it now.

Quote:
E-mail sent, thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys can you please shoot back a response to one of my E mails I have sent. Thanks Corey
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #151
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
Hey guys can you please shoot back a response to one of my E mails I have sent. Thanks Corey
e-mail replied to.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
e-mail replied to.
Thank you Just the info I needed.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Working on it now.
Should i have received an e-mail? just wondering.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Should i have received an e-mail? just wondering.
I could send you a rebuild kit but the ramping on your drive dog concerns me. I have units with hundreds of packs ran through with no noticeable ramping. Shoot an email to me directly, don@dna-rc.com and we can work this out between us to make sure you are fixed up.

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #155
Quarry Creeper

i sent a e-mail to solomon on monday and yet to hear anything, just sent it to you don. can somone help me get rolling again. thanks
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #156
Quarry Creeper

my brass collar stripped. I drilled another hole on the opposite side for a 3mm screw and that easily stripped too. Anything in the works for a non-brass collar? thanks
sierradmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

Recently I purchased 2 of your digs, along with 2 Hitec 225 servos from Superior Hobbies, located in Florida I believe... (only place that had them in stock)..........Anyway after 8 hours of tweaking and meticulously assembling one of the digs I have given up trying to get the threaded shift rod/shaft to not bind, rotate, and move from side to side. It appears that the threads on the shaft are very loose where they thread into the fork. I thought maybe a nylock nut on the internal thread might help but there is not enough room, plus I should, or would have to make a longer shaft and then start clearencing the case and on and on and on.........................Finally I gave up, removed the dig and decided to call you concerning the problem..........twice.........left messages.............no reply! Realize that you are probably very busy resolving these type of issues after reviewing some of the many posts addressing this same "problem". So what are my options?

1. Send the dig & trans to you for some hands on therapy?

2. Do I infact have a couple of units that were manufactured previous to the updates discussed? Is there some way of identifying the date(s) of manufacture?

3. Am I just incapable of getting this thing to perform properly because I have drain bramage from to much acid in the late 60's?

NOTE: I myself manufacture aluminum billet and stainless steel parts for 1:1 crawlers to adapt various engines to a variety of transmissions and t-cases......so I have the ability to "assemble" full size trannies etc..

There are very few parts in your assemblies (which is great) and I understand "How It Works?" (very ingenious I might add!!)....but this one has me baffled as to what I am doing wrong or what is wrong (other than the obvious bad thread tolerances on the shaft).

Any and all input/suggestions/instruction/HELP will be greatly appreciated.

My contact info is listed below...............

Kerry Wittig

Cell: 607-227-1244

Email: 16ltoy@msn.com

Last edited by kerrywittig; 10-10-2008 at 01:37 PM.
kerrywittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #158
Quarry Creeper

I have sent 3 e-mails about a broken outdrive since Sunday no response??
My dig is one of the early ones and the only way I can get it to work is with a fullsize servo I have burnt up 3 225's with every thing set up correctly! It would appear that DNA's customer service has ended up like VF's!
BLUEJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #159
RCC Addict

We will taking care of all of these items on Monday. We are at CrawlaPalooza until Monday. Once we are back in the shop All issues will be taken care and parts will be sent out. Sorry for the delay, and please know that customer service is our main goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maro69camaro View Post
i sent a e-mail to solomon on monday and yet to hear anything, just sent it to you don. can somone help me get rolling again. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierradmax View Post
my brass collar stripped. I drilled another hole on the opposite side for a 3mm screw and that easily stripped too. Anything in the works for a non-brass collar? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywittig View Post
Recently I purchased 2 of your digs, along with 2 Hitec 225 servos from Superior Hobbies, located in Florida I believe... (only place that had them in stock)..........Anyway after 8 hours of tweaking and meticulously assembling one of the digs I have given up trying to get the threaded shift rod/shaft to not bind, rotate, and move from side to side. It appears that the threads on the shaft are very loose where they thread into the fork. I thought maybe a nylock nut on the internal thread might help but there is not enough room, plus I should, or would have to make a longer shaft and then start clearencing the case and on and on and on.........................Finally I gave up, removed the dig and decided to call you concerning the problem..........twice.........left messages.............no reply! Realize that you are probably very busy resolving these type of issues after reviewing some of the many posts addressing this same "problem". So what are my options?

1. Send the dig & trans to you for some hands on therapy?

2. Do I infact have a couple of units that were manufactured previous to the updates discussed? Is there some way of identifying the date(s) of manufacture?

3. Am I just incapable of getting this thing to perform properly because I have drain bramage from to much acid in the late 60's?

NOTE: I myself manufacture aluminum billet and stainless steel parts for 1:1 crawlers to adapt various engines to a variety of transmissions and t-cases......so I have the ability to "assemble" full size trannies etc..

There are very few parts in your assemblies (which is great) and I understand "How It Works?" (very ingenious I might add!!)....but this one has me baffled as to what I am doing wrong or what is wrong (other than the obvious bad thread tolerances on the shaft).

Any and all input/suggestions/instruction/HELP will be greatly appreciated.

My contact info is listed below...............

Kerry Wittig

Cell: 607-227-1244

Email: 16ltoy@msn.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEEP View Post
I have sent 3 e-mails about a broken outdrive since Sunday no response??
My dig is one of the early ones and the only way I can get it to work is with a fullsize servo I have burnt up 3 225's with every thing set up correctly! It would appear that DNA's customer service has ended up like VF's!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #160
Rock Crawler

Good luck guys!!!!!

I have also had problems with the slider pin. Same as mentioned in previous post. I also had to open up the 3 holes for the main gear output shafts( which caused a stripped screw). I did get it together and it worked till the slider pin ripped all the threads out....
I will send an email with more detail and picks.
Thanks Dave
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote