Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: One Stop Shopping! TheCrawlerStore.com now offers Complete Clod Crawler Kits!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
The Wheels Keep Turning

Default One Stop Shopping! TheCrawlerStore.com now offers Complete Clod Crawler Kits!

We are now offering Complete Unassembled Clodbuster Rock Crawler Kits. Everything you need to build a clod in one stop.

http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/complete_trucks.htm

4 Pro-Line Moab Tires
4 Pro-Line Mambo Rims
Clodbuster to Maxx wheel adapter (to run the Mambo rims on the Clodbuster)
2 Integy Lathe Motors
One set of complete unassembled clodbuster axles
Solid Plastic Diff Lock Gears
One Hitec 5995tg Titanium gear robot servo for front steering
One Hitec 5645mg Metal gear servo for rear steering
One Tekin Rebel 2 Electronic Speed Controller
12 Gauge wire to wire the motors
2 servo savers
Team Associated Painted Body
12" Servo Extension
Charger
Batteries
Shocks
Radio System

TLT Kits coming soon!

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 09-24-2006 at 09:05 AM.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #2

Talking Woo Hoo !

Kevin - Your a bloody legend mate !
I'm a noobie from australia, and have been trolling the rc Crawler site for 2 months now trying to get my head around how best to put a crawler together, what components I need, and most importantly, wtf no one else has a "complete kit" ready to roll ! ;)
Now I see your doing just that - and your timing could not be more impeccible!
I was keen as mustard on "the stick" chassis, and was literally going to walk out today and purchase a clod kit ready for butchering, when I noted this thread..
I have no parts, charger, nothing, and would love to get a quote from you (private email) regarding getting a complete, ready to roll kit including batteries, remote, charger, everything including shipping to Canberra, Australia.
Much appreciated,
Bernie
burnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sweet!

Very nice packages too, I'm betting they would be very competitive exactly as you sell them. Way cheap to
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnman
Kevin - Your a bloody legend mate !
I'm a noobie from australia, and have been trolling the rc Crawler site for 2 months now trying to get my head around how best to put a crawler together, what components I need, and most importantly, wtf no one else has a "complete kit" ready to roll ! ;)
Now I see your doing just that - and your timing could not be more impeccible!
I was keen as mustard on "the stick" chassis, and was literally going to walk out today and purchase a clod kit ready for butchering, when I noted this thread..
I have no parts, charger, nothing, and would love to get a quote from you (private email) regarding getting a complete, ready to roll kit including batteries, remote, charger, everything including shipping to Canberra, Australia.
Much appreciated,
Bernie
Bernie, you are right. These crawlers require allot of different parts from many vendors and a lot of knowledge just to choose the parts needed. We are happy to offer this product in hopes it will bring even more people into the sport. You can purchase the entire package directly from the website and add additional shipping charges in the international orders page. Thanks.

Highmark, thanks.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #5

Hmm.. from what I can see on your site - 99% of the crawler can be purchased from yourself - however the battery (stick) your saying on the link that it needs to be ordered seperately from cheapbatterypacks.com ? I was hoping that I could limit myself to one transaction vs sourcing items from several suppliers thus saving postage, time and potential for error creeping in..

Thanks, Bernie
Old 09-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #6

Apologies for the noobie questions - but does the kit also require the addition of the diff locking kit (Part # DIFLOK)? I would rather get everything required through you now vs trying to order parts again as there is little available parts from here as the whole "crawler" scene is considered non viable and too small to bother with.. :/

Thanks B)

Last edited by burnman; 09-23-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #7
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Hmm.. from what I can see on your site - 99% of the crawler can be purchased from yourself - however the battery (stick) your saying on the link that it needs to be ordered seperately from cheapbatterypacks.com ? I was hoping that I could limit myself to one transaction vs sourcing items from several suppliers thus saving postage, time and potential for error creeping in..

Thanks, Bernie
Hello and good catch. We did miss the diff locks on our list. We have made the changes and added the diff locks. Thanks. Yes, the stick batteries are not on our site yet but we are looking into carrying them as well. We are also going to look at 8 cell packs for the stick because most charges can charge up to 8 cells but not 9 cells.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #8

Ahh excellent. I see you have updated the page
Might I suggest simply adding the controller to the page like the charger vs linking to the electronics page ? (I'm assuming the controller includes the rear steer option so its redundant linking)
Great to hear about the batteries, I'll cross my fingers and wait until that component is sorted as well then ;P
Lastly, I would recommend you keep the "complete truck" option just that - including all the requriements for someone to simply assemble, charge battery and go. (ie - if tyres require beadlocks or foam, include those, if the shocks require oil, then include the required oil. if 12" servo extn req'd - then include that. If the traxxas shoulder screws req'd, include those. If battery plate req'd - etc etc. Basically it should be a walk in walk out affair. I know this increases the price.. (And the whole objective is to keep it as attractive looking as possible) but particularly ppl like myself from o/seas, the less pain involved in getting the components, the more likely they would be to do the deed.
Personally, I see a huge market here for said crawlers, and the complete truck option you have done should sell like hotcakes! ;P

Thanks - Bernie.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Ahh excellent. I see you have updated the page
Might I suggest simply adding the controller to the page like the charger vs linking to the electronics page ? (I'm assuming the controller includes the rear steer option so its redundant linking)
Great to hear about the batteries, I'll cross my fingers and wait until that component is sorted as well then ;P
Lastly, I would recommend you keep the "complete truck" option just that - including all the requriements for someone to simply assemble, charge battery and go. (ie - if tyres require beadlocks or foam, include those, if the shocks require oil, then include the required oil. if 12" servo extn req'd - then include that. If the traxxas shoulder screws req'd, include those. If battery plate req'd - etc etc. Basically it should be a walk in walk out affair. I know this increases the price.. (And the whole objective is to keep it as attractive looking as possible) but particularly ppl like myself from o/seas, the less pain involved in getting the components, the more likely they would be to do the deed.
Personally, I see a huge market here for said crawlers, and the complete truck option you have done should sell like hotcakes! ;P

Thanks - Bernie.
We will put a link on the complete trucks page for the tq3's. You are right, it will make it easier. Our goal is to have it as a complete package that includes EVERYTHING! But it will take some time to work out all the little pieces that need to go in there and how to organize that for the webpage and for each truck. For now we will have customers add components they don't have. The reason we don't have a one click setup is because some customers already have a charger or batteries. So we allow them to add them if they don't have them already. We will eventually setup a one button item that will include everything.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:38 AM   #10

Sounds Grand.
Sorry for making you keep changing your website.. ;P One more question if I may: Assuming I have to order the batteries from cheapbatterypacks.com as noted on your stick page - you say on the battery instructions: "Step 5 select whatever connector you prefer". Now I'm assuming the esc would have some connector on it already - assuming I have no idea what it is could you give me a hint as to which connector would be most suitable ? :P
TIA
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #11
The Wheels Keep Turning

The Tekin Rebel will have a tamiya type battery connector on it. But, the wires are not long enough to reach the battery so you would have to re-wire it anyway. When you do that you can put any connector you wish on it. Most people use the deans connectors.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default tlt kit

at the crawler store where it says 1/18 timiya thats the tlt to keep the axles 4 my 1/10 scale rite? pm me ur answer
codizzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #13
The Wheels Keep Turning

We now have TLT complete unassembled truck kits for sale. We now offer these package deals in two flavors:

"Roller" Complete Unassembled Truck Kits (A basic rolling chassis truck kit with no electronics. These are not assembled trucks.)

"RTR" Complete Unassembled Truck Kits CUTK (You need no R/C equipment, these come with everything you need to get up and running. These are not assembled trucks.)

Hope these package deals will help some of the new people to the sport. Here is an example of our SW2 and Tracer "Roller" kits:
Attached Images

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 11-25-2006 at 07:53 AM.