Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: TheCrawlerStore.com - Post public questions, comments, or feedback here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I still don't have my axles and I need the top mount too, so I'll wait. Just please post when they're back in stock, thanks.
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Light Speed!

I got my "Tq3 Rear Steer kit" on second business day, and I'm happy to say it looks like a quality switch w/ quality instructions. Well worth the money. I'll be back, Thanks
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #23
MODERATOR™

A quick note about the Xtreme chassis, and it's battery plate.
Using Ace's wheel adapters, and standard Maximizers with Losi LSTs, they rub the side nubs on the battery plate rear steering to the right. I might cut off the nubs, or go wider.

Thank you, drive through!

Kevin, this thing is so freaking awesome! And as simple as the suspension design is, it had my buddy, a suspension engineer for Honda R&D stumped for a while. Very funny.

Thanks again,
Cory
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #24
The Wheels Keep Turning

eepee, have you been able to drive the X out on the rocks? what do you think of the performance compared to trucks you own or have owned?

yes, my battery plate also hits slightly with giant tracs on narrowed clod rims and thunder tech wideners. when i built tj's truck, i used aces adapters and stablemaxx rims. the tires where well away from the battery plate. thanks for the info/note.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Default rub

I also do not have an issue with wheel rub using narrowed 40 series by 1" and moabs.
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up 10 Minute Rear Steer!

Thanks again Kevin, I just installed the TQ3 Kit and the Instructions were 1st Rate! Seriously took 10 minutes from start to finish.... Sweet!
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #27
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_vdk
I also do not have an issue with wheel rub using narrowed 40 series by 1" and moabs.
Wheel adapter?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Default Question

kevinlongisland, a couple questions........
What kind (ie: "make/model") of tire is in the pictures with your 16" extreme chassis? Those on Clod rims? Did you use a wheel widener? if so, what kind?
That set up for tires are what my friends and I want to try, but havn't seen them around at our LHS.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #29
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x
kevinlongisland, a couple questions........
What kind (ie: "make/model") of tire is in the pictures with your 16" extreme chassis? Those on Clod rims? Did you use a wheel widener? if so, what kind?
That set up for tires are what my friends and I want to try, but havn't seen them around at our LHS.
hey. these tires are giant tracs (discontinued) on chrome clod rims with thunder tech racing wideners:

these are monster gt tires on rpm stablemaxx rims with ace's wheel adapters/wideners:

you can still find the giant tracs on ebay or buy sell forums. let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Default Found Some!

I found some of the Proline Giant Tracs at a hobby shop a little ways away. They had 5 pairs left. ("5" pairs? for a 6x6? i guess) But after i was done, they only had 1 pair left. I got a set for me as well as a set for a buddy.

Another question for you though... Do you run those tires with foams?

I don't think i'm going to. I might put in some bb's.

Thanks again for all your help.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #31
The Wheels Keep Turning

the giant tracs were a good find. don't get rid of them because it won't be so easy to find them again. don't use any foams with the giant tracs.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

hey kevin,
any word on when the next batch of chassis kits will be in? i am on the list for one and i cant wait to get it. i want one bad!!!
wally187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #33
The Wheels Keep Turning

I just got a bunch of backbones in. Give me a couple days to clean everything up and i also have to work on some new hole locations for the lower shock mounts.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #34
RCC Addict

I bought the stick that extreme rc had and all I can say is WOW I loved my old clod but this thing clowns on it big time.I have joked about this chassy before and Boy was I wrong but i will say that i hate the mag mayhems in it they hit the links big time even bent out way far I will be putting the lathes back in this thing for shure.Kevin all I can say is thank you very much for such an awsome design and I am sorry for ripping on you before I was wrong.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM   #35
The Wheels Keep Turning

Thank you for the compliments. No hard feelings. Glad you like the truck.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #36
R.I.P. Chip

I guess it is time I post up in here

Ever since The Crawler Store first started selling their products here I have been placing orders from them. The communication with Kevin is awesome; he always lets you know what is going on with your order and sends you confirmation as soon as the items ship.

I have bought several complete TQ3 radio systems, all work perfect and in my mind are the best and most affordable radios for what we do.

I also have gotten several of his TQ3 kits to modify my own radios, and they come with very detailed directions, and the modification only takes minutes to do.

I also have a TCS Extreme chassis, this thing works amazingly some of the stuff I am able to do with it surprises the heck out of me. I will also mention in here that I got one of the very first Extremes that were sent out, and after about 45 hours of hard use I ended up breaking it in half. Like I said it was an early version and the backbones have been changed now to account for what happened to mine. Most companies would have laughed at me if I called and said I broke something after that much hard use, but not Kevin, he immediately put a new backbone in the mail and I had it the very next day.

Most companies are good to deal with when you place an order and give them your money. Not many will stand behind their products as well as Kevin and The Crawler Store does.

I would most definitely recommend shopping with them.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Again all I can say is wow I think everybody needs a stick clod.The thing I like most is the customer support that kevin has it is by far the best that I have ever been treated period and im not just meaning rc related.I'm starting to think I want a 2.2 stick.He he he.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #38

I second everyones views on The Crawler Store. I just received my TQ3 radio today and it looks great. Top quality packing and super fast shipping. I highly recommend shopping here.

Thanks!
Crawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #39
RCC Addict

I ordered some top links on Sunday and they showed up today. I can't believe they made it to WV in 3 days. Awesome sevice. Thanks.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #40
The Wheels Keep Turning

Thank you very much for the compliments guys. I always try my best to give great customer service and to get the products out ASAP. It's hard work but it's all worth it when I get great feedback like that. Thank you very much guys.