Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: New Vendor - DrewHammer Engineering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New Vendor - DrewHammer Engineering

What's up everyone! Been around these parts for a minute, have wanted to be a vendor for a while and finally making a dream come true.

Introducing DrewHammer Engineering. A one stop shop for all things mechanical in the crawler world. We do not do items like custom bodies, however just about every other design, prototyping and manufacturing under the sun. We bring close to 2 decades worth of mechanical engineering to the table with our services and over a decade of manufacturing experience in 1:1 and R/C.

A few items for example;
Chassis, transmission and axle design and fabrication
Suspension tuning options
Wheel and hub design and fabrication

Pictures to follow later.
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Vendor - DrewHammer Engineering

Congratulations on becoming oh-fish-all! Should I just send you a blank check now or wait for offerings?
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewHammer View Post

Wheel and hub design and fabrication
Funny you mention this. I'm interested in a custom SLW-style hub design that would allow dual beadlock wheels to be mounted in such a way that would move the wheels inward to minimize the overall width. This would be for the back of a 2.2" solid-axle rig like a Bomber.

...anyway, welcome!
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #4

If you are looking for some suggestions I'd say aftermarket SCX10 II frames, which have gone away and 1.55 beadlock wheels are in demand IMO.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Congratulations on becoming oh-fish-all! Should I just send you a blank check now or wait for offerings?
Thanks! Hold off on sending the check unless you just absolutely need something right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Funny you mention this. I'm interested in a custom SLW-style hub design that would allow dual beadlock wheels to be mounted in such a way that would move the wheels inward to minimize the overall width. This would be for the back of a 2.2" solid-axle rig like a Bomber.

...anyway, welcome!
Thanks for the interest. Send me a PM and we can get something worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
If you are looking for some suggestions I'd say aftermarket SCX10 II frames, which have gone away and 1.55 beadlock wheels are in demand IMO.
1.55's are gaining in popularity, definitely something to consider.

By chassis do you mean one like this? Raised chassis rails, full SORRCA legal, with SCX10 II compatibility? Also allows for bolt on of all SCX10/10 II based components such as shock towers, CMS, and any other components that bolt in to factory locations.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
1.55's are gaining in popularity, definitely something to consider.

Quote:
By chassis do you mean one like this? Raised chassis rails, full SORRCA legal, with SCX10 II compatibility? Also allows for bolt on of all SCX10/10 II based components such as shock towers, CMS, and any other components that bolt in to factory locations.
Yes, sir!

Are the drops in the front and rear for leaf springs?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Yes, sir!

Are the drops in the front and rear for leaf springs?
That's so you can mount factory, or aftermarket bumpers in their original locations. If you don't want them, cut them off. I can guarantee that all locations other than the SCX10 II kit trans have been confirmed with Axial, and aftermarket parts. These were conceptualized as a true bolt on aftermarket frame set, to meet 2018 SORRCA rules, and to work with all original parts and gain the extra clearance people desire. I would need to do one test with a 10 II transmission to confirm, however I'm confident they're correct. All other holes have been confirmed to be within .003" (that's the same thickness as a sheet of paper) of their original locations. Axial can't even match that consistency with their own mass production.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

As previously mentioned, we are all in need of high quality precision CNC wheel maker right now. (Specifically in the 1.55 and 1.9 size) I’d say it be a large profitable portion of your new venture as of present. Best of luck and I’ll be tuned in to what you bring to the table.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:14 AM   #9

Quote:
That's so you can mount factory, or aftermarket bumpers in their original locations. If you don't want them, cut them off. I can guarantee that all locations other than the SCX10 II kit trans have been confirmed with Axial, and aftermarket parts. These were conceptualized as a true bolt on aftermarket frame set, to meet 2018 SORRCA rules, and to work with all original parts and gain the extra clearance people desire. I would need to do one test with a 10 II transmission to confirm, however I'm confident they're correct. All other holes have been confirmed to be within .003" (that's the same thickness as a sheet of paper) of their original locations. Axial can't even match that consistency with their own mass production.
I'm confused why you need the bumper mounts. Is the height of your frame rail shorter than Axial's? What gauge sheet metal is the frame being cut from?
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm confused why you need the bumper mounts. Is the height of your frame rail shorter than Axial's? What gauge sheet metal is the frame being cut from?
This is still early in the stages of concept and design, however it would be made from 11ga aluminum or 1/8" G10.

I should have clarified. I raised the height over the axles by 1/2". The two lower holes (front and back) are to mount the crossmembers in the "original" location, compared to the skid, with the shock hoops in the raised position (lower the entire truck). The upper two holes are to mount the crossmembers raised, essentially lowering the skid by 1/2".
Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I’d like a set in aluminum. These could find themselves a home on my mud truck, I’ve got the burly mud truck plates already.

Last edited by Alexander_0_1; 05-04-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
I’d like a set in aluminum. These could find themselves a home on my mud truck, I’ve got the burly mud truck plates already.
Keep a lookout, official pricing and release should happen soon.

On a separate note. Had a local ask for a transmission to fit a wraith based chassis with XR10 gears. I'm about 60% complete with this but thought I'd post. I'm waiting on a release from my NDA to happen before I post other items I have in progress or completed.

Wrote a killer gear calculator a while back for stuff like this. Keeps trans gears 100% spot on with extremely low backlash and noise.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Hi, do you have Facebook or YouTube to follow?
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Hi, do you have Facebook or YouTube to follow?
Nothing for the business yet, just my personal stuff. Plan on having a FB up in a couple weeks.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #15

Quote:

Is this gonna be for the scx10 ii?????
camaro_iroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote