Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: New competition low CG battery tray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #1

Default New competition low CG battery tray

I've owned my TRX-4 since it came out and I have loved it. I started modifying it shortly after that for performance. The battery tray was not in the best position so I designed this tray with maximum low CG in mind. The COMP lcgbt starts in the lowest position possible but it's not static, it actually moves with the suspension.
Name:  clgt1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  178.1 KB

The battery tray is mounted to the chassis just behind the transmission. The back of the tray holds onto the upper suspension links and rides up and down as your suspension travels. The 3-point mounting system keeps your battery tray level from side to side as it moves.
Name:  clcgt11.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  178.2 KB
Name:  clcgt10.jpg
Size:  149.8 KB
Name:  clcgt9.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  164.4 KB
Name:  clcgt6.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  169.4 KB

The COMP lcgbt is made from 6061 aluminum and has a rubberized finish on top and comes with two velcro straps to keep your battery secure. All additional Hardware for install will be supplied.
Name:  clcgt12.jpg
Size:  156.1 KB

I've been testing it for 2 months with no failures, also it's made in the USA in my garage LOL . The COMP lcgbt has shown improved side hill stability and vertical climbing abilities. Since the battery is not static, you actually get better CG as your suspension droops.

Name:  20171005_150652.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  160.9 KB

A good friend of mine (David AKA Road Boy) will be running the truck at the DLB comp coming up on the 14th, I will not be able to attend. FYI I'm new to trying to sell things here so contact me at rctrailcrawl@gmail.com or pm me here. I should have a Facebook page here soon with a how to install video. I am currently manufacturing 12 units and shipping will begin as soon as the velcro straps get here around the 18th. If you're interested in purchasing this item it will be $49.00 plus shipping and handling. Check out the tray in actionon at maximum torque RC on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1QE-pr4Jw

Last edited by SMALLVILLE; 10-05-2017 at 09:25 PM.
SMALLVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New competition low CG battery tray - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New competition low CG battery tray SMALLVILLE Traxxas TRX-4 14 10-09-2017 09:04 PM
Bomber battery tray wont fit new Lipo battery rock1997 Axial RR10 Bomber 10 08-20-2016 11:36 AM
Battery tray & battery options? Mysterious Axial XR10 10 02-18-2012 02:13 PM