Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Why the TCS Xtreme is so expensive.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 04:07 AM   #61

Jason: Im not sure what you mean by "You need to figure out what you want" My intent was to compare the cost of "big truck vs. little truck" or "lots of machine work and material vs. not so much machine work and little material" I have no misconceptions about the ability of the stick, infact I think that it will be a very very long time before someone can top it. Thats why I am going to TRY to replicate the design.

WRMorrison: Whats wrong with beating a dead horse??? Its kind of fun, doesnt hurt anyone, and only bothers those that loved the horse LOL

Lastly Kevin: The fact that people claim the stick isnt worth the money, yet get their butts handed to them at comps by it should be a complement. I figured that most of the cost was your time and effort. I have no problems with the price. For the naysayers I think its attributed to what THEY think your time is worth. Maybe the NN was a bad example, change it to the gecko and it might make more sence. Im actually glad to hear that most of the cost is because of your time. My time is free to me where yours isnt. So I should be able to get some sort of replica done for cheap. Im sorry if I came accross as a naysayer, I just wanted to show you guys my pov. I guess some might misconstrue my point as being mean, and uncalled for, but it wasnt by any means. My questions have been answered and I am ready to try my hand a stick making.
sp4mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #62
The Wheels Keep Turning

sp4mike, good luck with your truck and make sure you take plenty of pics for us. Yes, you are right, you can probably make one for yourself much cheaper than buying one and will save yourself some cash. with the cost of these complete trucks, thats a good thing. Once again, good luck with the build and if you have any questions you can ask anyone in here or shoot me a PM. Take it easy.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #63

Wow, thank you very much for your professinalisim. Im sure I will have a ton of questions once I start the build, and I appreciate your offer for help.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #64
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I also want to start building my own stick chassis. I already have a few questions, do you mind if I ask them?

Can you send me your cad diagram of your stick? I won't copy it I just want to use it to compare I promise!

And if you don't want to send me your cad file, can you give me the exact dimensions of everything? Again, I won't be copying it, I simply want to compare.

I'm glad I don't own a buisness selling my product, I would have told sp4mike to kick rocks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #65

I dont know what kind of person you think I am. Im not some punk kid asking for handouts. He offered help and if I run into an issue Ill ask him personnaly. The only problem I can forsee is axle walk. So if it becomes an issue then I will ask him if he can help. If he can without causing a conflict of intrests than Im sure he will, but if he cant than Im not going to tell him "I promise I wont tell" Thats just stupid. Im glad that Keven was able to conduct himself in a professional manner. Going off the handle and attacking somone that is interested in attempting to replicate a product, is just bad buisness. If I asked or implied for any sort of diagram or dimension in my previous posts than please point it out to me, so I can edit it. Im sorry that you feel this way about me, and I understand that there are people that would expect handouts. If it helps at all or gives you a warm and fuzzy, I am a Moderator for another RC website, altough I dont think it will and Im sorry for that.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #66

It was a joke and a stab at the same time. I would say I am sorry if I offended you, but I'm not.

Good luck on the build.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #67

Thank you for the "good luck" I would hope everyones skin is a little thicker than that. I try not to get into those types of stabs (at least to guys new to the forum)...But hey, somtimes ya just cant help it.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4mike
I try not to get into those types of stabs (at least to guys new to the forum)...But hey, somtimes ya just cant help it.
I really can't help it, Dirk and I are seeing a marriage counselor because of it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #69
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I really can't help it, Dirk and I are seeing a marriage counselor because of it.
I need to keep up......didn't even know you guys were a couple, much less married ????

Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #70
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Going off the handle and attacking somone that is interested in attempting to replicate a product, is just bad buisness.
Mike,

Don't you think it'd be bad business for Kevin to help someone replicate a chassis that he's trying to sell? (Guess it depends on which side of the line you're standing)

He put the time, money, and effort into designing it, right? What motivation would he have to help someone try to copy his design, even if it is for personal use?

The fact that he's willing to help shows how cool Kevin is.

To tell you the truth, I've competed against several versions of stick copies.

I've beat every one of them.

If your rig doesn't work out, just buy a chassis from Kevin...you won't be disappointed.

Buying one from Kevin might be a better way to go to begin with...cost vs. time issue.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

I had contemplated building one awhile back , but changed my mind and ordered one from Kevin.
Havent had 1 sec of regret for making the purchase.
rindaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #72

If I have a very hard time with the build, or it just doesnt work well Im sure I will just buy one from him. Your right about him being very cool and offering his help. As far as you beating the stick copys, was it a bad copy or just a lack of driver skill on their part? I dont think that its bad buisness at all for him to help with my build. Infact I think it could be like free advertising for him, not alot of people have the ability to build a stick and there is only one place to get it. But I do see your side of the fence on the issue, and that is a good argument as well. On your cost vs. time issue, I agree to a point. If lets say I could build it for a small percentage of his price and it takes me even 100 hours Im still up on the price, because I dont have to pay for my time where I do have to pay for his. Also I am really tring to keep this as far from a RTR project as I can, I have a LST, Savage, T-maxx, and a mini-t, and I really dont like that it was all done for me. I did as much custom work on them as I could but the temptation to buy ready made hop-ups is hard to deny.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #73

Quote:
I dont think that its bad buisness at all for him to help with my build. Infact I think it could be like free advertising for him, not alot of people have the ability to build a stick and there is only one place to get it.
Holy sh!t your a ****ing idiot!

How in the hell will that be like free advertising when it's not his product???
Old 10-14-2005, 04:53 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Holy sh!t your a ****ing idiot!

How in the hell will that be like free advertising when it's not his product???
Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you....

If people saw mine and wanted somthing like it but couldnt build it then they would have to buy it from www.thecrawlerstore.com. I cant make it any easyer for you to understand, I guess I could dress up in a purple dinosaur suit and tell you in a song, but I dont think you would get it then either.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #75

Quote:
Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you....

If people saw mine and wanted somthing like it but couldnt build it then they would have to buy it from www.thecrawlerstore.com. I cant make it any easyer for you to understand, I guess I could dress up in a purple dinosaur suit and tell you in a song, but I dont think you would get it then either.
It's funny your saying that to me considering everyone in this thread in one way or another has called you a moron and you still come back like your **** don't stink.

Your on a real quick path to getting banned.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #76

I think that Kevins price is perfectly justified. Its the rest of the people that replied that dont understand what Im trying to say. So they think they have to defend their hero. If you think I care if I get banned off of this site your sadly mistaken. As far as my **** not stinking your wrong again. Im sorry that I am able to articulate what Im saying better than you. If that offends you than too bad. If this is the way that this site is run than so be it. Ban me. I have a legitimate argument and because you cant help yourself from cussing at me I get banned. Nice website!!! Actually now that I look back through the posts, your the only one that doesnt understand.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #77

Old 10-14-2005, 05:27 PM   #78

Good argument! My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #79

Quote:
Good argument! My thoughts exactly.
I am not here to argue with you man. Even if I were, your to dense to get it.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

how is it free advertising if he told you how to build one yourself? And a lot of people aren't willing to try to design their own, but on the other hand, a lot of people ARE.

"yeah, you like mine? I call it The Stick Hack Job. You can only get the real one from the crawler store, online."

"is that where you got yours?"

"well, no. I built this one from scratch."

"How?"

"I asked Kevin from the crawler store how to."

"ah, cool. I'm going to do that, too!"

Cmon.
He's selling a product, not trying to give the design away. Why do you think he got the patents?
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote