Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Wheely King Axle Shock/Link Mounts - TheCrawlerStore - www.TCScrawlers.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #81
Rock Stacker

I ordered the mounts on the 25th and still haven't gotten them.

I went to the web site and it says Sorry, the shop is inaccessible temporarily. Please try again later.
Project Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #82
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Dad View Post
I ordered the mounts on the 25th and still haven't gotten them.

I went to the web site and it says Sorry, the shop is inaccessible temporarily. Please try again later.
Hello, please send me an email with your order number and I'll see what happened to your order. Also, the site is up now. We were doing inventory. Thanks.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #83
Rock Stacker

Got them in today. shipping took longer than expected, but I got them and they look nice
Project Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Just received my order! Ordered in the evening the 29th, order status said "completed" on the 30th, 5 days exactly to my door... that is just bang on!

Tonight I will check out those new design WK shock/link mounts that I ordered to see if they are loose or tight fitting when used with shaved down WK axle housings. I will report back to you guys on my findings and if possible I will snap some photos (if I can zoom it in enough).

Now I can start working on my axle rebuild because I finally have the RCguy diff lockers that I wanted.

Thanks guys!!

EDIT: I wasted no time in getting them installed tonight. The shock mounts fit 100% perfectly without any "tabs" on the axle housing. Screw them down, they fit super snug. I tried to move them with force, no such luck. Very nice job on the mounts btw !

Here are the pics..

Enlarged so you could see see there is no tab.

(.. you might have also noticed the tcs link centre mount & locking wheel hubs ... ;) ...)

EDIT #2: Found out that they dont quite work with a King Bling Servo Mount...

Needless to say ... a little cutting of the mount should do it. I don't think that Harvey0706's custom mount would fit the mount either... would it?

Last edited by Nerve; 11-06-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Needless to say ... a little cutting of the mount should do it. I don't think that Harvey0706's custom mount would fit the mount either... would it?
We'll see soon...I just ordered one from beckworks, should be here in the next few days. here's the problem I had with mine.

Problem was that with AL knuckles, C's and CVD's, I had to clearance the mounts to allow full steering throw. I realize I've probably dashed any hope of any warranty repairs, should they break (which looks unlikely) But this is a design revision I would advise for the next run. I doubt I am the only one who wants to get this much steering throw. This would likely not have been a problem with the prototype drawing on the first page of this thread. I like that design better. That said, I would buy these again, they are really sweet.

Edit: Yes, my tie rod is bent, I had to do that too to get full steering throw. It's totally worth it though...

Last edited by chrisjlittle; 12-07-2007 at 12:34 AM.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #86
RCC Addict

hmm... I have the exact same RCP front end parts as you do. Check out these pics in my build thread. I have changed the clocking angle of the front axle since these photos were taken. Updated ones are in the main thread.

Nerve's WK Crawler Build

It looks like where you dremeled was on the upper side of that mount? When the links run on the lower side...?

My front rod link doesn't even contact those TCS link mounts. The rod that goes from knuckle to knuckle contacts the pumpkin before it hits those mounts. I'm almost sure of it.

I will take another look at it when I get home tonight.

As as update to that older post of mine above.....

I wont even be using that King Bling servo mount in my build. The material is too think and it hinders steering movement with the new RCP parts. So a friend of has offered to make me up a custom fit centre mounted servo mount. Apparently its done, still waiting to get it or see some pics.

Last edited by Nerve; 12-07-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Chrisjlittle: Just snapped some pics for you to see of my front end setup.

Hmmm just noticed one thing in your photo. The knuckle with the #2 on it, is that the left front of your crawler? (think about it being a real car and is that the drivers front side).

If it is, would the link be better below the knuckle arm vs being above it like it is in your pics ?? Mine are mounted below that arm and they fit fine as you can see.

Tonight i pickup my centre servo mount