Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: GCM Racing Axial JK Roof Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GCM Racing Axial JK Roof Kit

Hey, all.
We got the prototypes done on the Axial JK roof kits. These come with the main roof center section and a nice 5 LED light bar as well, in separate parts. The roof with or with out the light bar will still accept the stock JK lexan roof kit, and without the lexan roof, you can use the many extra bungee tie downs we stuck into the bars and gussets. It's real easy now to add your stuff up top and secure it down.
As usual, the parts come in white nylon, and super beefy. These are tough as heck.

The light bar bolts on with 2 screws from the top, and 2 from underneath. It can't come off. The LEDs mount from under the light bar, and there's a couple of pass through holes in the mount bracket to allow for clean hidden wiring also.

Here's a pic that shows the all stock JK roof from Axial on the left, and the new roof bars from GCM on the right. We painted ours with PlastiKote spray flat black primer. It's a dream!

The light bar sits on the roof tubes and up over the front windshield frame. Easy. Looks simple, and lets the low profile still get mega light out front where it's actually functional as a light bar... not aimed at the sky.

Ryan designed in a proper angle into the light bar mounts and a spread between the 5 LEDs so they actually cast the light in an epic array of beam out the front. Nice, Ryan! As you can see below, it clearly shows up stuff that's 15 feet away, but still on the ground right in front of the rig. Perfect. It's a wide beam also, thanks to the design of the LED sockets.

One of my favorite things about this setup is that the bottoms of the LEDs in the sockets just peek out of the light bar, offering a very slight and gentle interior glow to the truck also. It's so much nicer to see just a tiny bit of interior reflection when driving in the dusk or dark conditions. Looks way more real to me.

Even in the daylight, it's a clean and simple look that suits the thing.

More to follow after we get some production ready to go. There's a few of these here already, but we don't even have the webpage up yet haha.

Cheers, and keep Jeepin'
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
jpf
Quarry Creeper

Default GCM Racing Axial JK Roof Kit

wow that is a nice pice of work! Thought of a price point?

... JP using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpf; 10-03-2013 at 07:20 AM.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Got a release date?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
madtinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GCM Racing Axial JK Roof Kit

I think we can have them out by end of October. Stay tuned!
Thanks,
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Sweet. Thanks,absolutely love your wraith axles. I've abused the snot out of them. And not even a whimper. Keep it up.
madtinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

gonna keep an eye out for these

looks good!!
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

We have moved this product to our new Shapeways store featuring our Hammer and Scale truck parts.
We decided to let you all find the 4 required screws on your own benches rather than stocking the kits here just to add 4 screws for the light bar.
I highly recommend the black print (super tough) although you have to clean out the LED holes to get them in after the print arrives.
The white print will also be super tough, but will require paint, and likely doesn't need any holes cleaned out before assembly.
You can also save a bunch on shipping time if you are a USA customer!

Thanks
GCM

GCM Racing Axial JK Roof Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCM Racing Stickers and Shirts Generis Vendors Miscellaneous 1 05-27-2013 08:29 AM
GCM Axial Truck Panhard Mount kit Generis Chassis and Suspension 8 03-02-2011 04:28 AM