RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Paint and Body (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-paint-body/)
-   -   Aluminum bodies for your Bomber and Capra, others to come. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-paint-body/613065-aluminum-bodies-your-bomber-capra-others-come.html)

MAC FAB 11-09-2019 01:40 PM

Aluminum bodies for your Bomber and Capra, others to come.

Crawler community, just letting you all know that a variety of stantard body panel kits as well as custom body options will be available soon for your Bomber or Capra. Others to follow. Need that one off totally custom body, lets talk. Look for other industry related sheet metal products as well. Stay tuned for the "Grand Opening"!!!

MAC FAB 11-14-2019 09:48 PM

Re: Aluminum bodies for your Bomber and Capra, others to come.

Here is a sampling of some ideas. Shorty sides as well. Should be up and rolling soon.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...30b277e9_c.jpg20191114_073937 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...722992e5_c.jpg20191114_074436 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...876c6a0b_c.jpg20191114_074343 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...fbe93c1c_c.jpg20191114_074415 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

Joshs4x4toyz 11-14-2019 10:38 PM

Awesome, I will take a long side Capra set when available"thumbsup"

MAC FAB 11-15-2019 05:29 AM

Note taken, Josh. Are you still 3d printing lights and stuff? If so, you may want to see what is yet to come. As for the basic stuff, I will give you options for the roof, as an example. Want a visor that matches the V roof line (as seen) or straight across, end on the rear roof bar, match the cage line going back or simply braking down 90. I need to look at tail light light bars, that could be mounted in the roof panel. For the weight watchers, I have something I'm going to try for you. You want a body out of .032, .040, .050 or .063, got ya covered. The complete long side version (hood, roof and sides) out of .040 weighs about 7 ounces. Going up or down in metal thickness is about 25% difference in weight, +/- . Want stainless or galvanized, okay, not a problem. I'm trying to get most of the concepts done before going full blast, so consumers can see the full lineup and choose accordingly and not have buyer's remorse.

Panther6834 11-16-2019 10:01 AM

Will there be options for, say, just the side panels (no hood or roof)? I'm working on an idea for my second Capra (which won't start for at least a few months), and would only need 0.032 side panels. Also, what will the material choices be (aluminum, steel, etc)?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

MAC FAB 11-16-2019 02:25 PM

I'm planning on giving you the ability to choose what pieces you want, and from what material.. Yes, you are correct on material options. I'll have to do one in #8 stainless, mall crawler bling mobile.

Panther6834 11-16-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC FAB (Post 5977548)
I'm planning on giving you the ability to choose what pieces you want, and from what material.. Yes, you are correct on material options. I'll have to do one in #8 stainless, mall crawler bling mobile.

"mall crawler bling mobile"? Lol
Reminds me of rhinestone-covered cell phone cases.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

MAC FAB 11-17-2019 01:47 PM

Get the stickers squared away and the payment account set up and it's show time. By the way, both the Capra bodies you see above are galvanized steel.

MAC FAB 11-23-2019 05:17 PM

Calling this version the V4 Rock Racer for now. (#4 so far in different side panels, alternative hoods and roofs to follow) Opinions on this "look"? It has to be .040 on the sides, as the spill plates have no cage protection. It still needs some small hardware to tie the rear wing pieces together, I just don't have anything smaller than M3 on hand right now.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...dbfb4f13_c.jpg20191123_154700 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...34326167_c.jpg20191123_154619 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2ed6f852_c.jpg20191123_154630 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...03604149_c.jpg20191123_154746 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

rockbender 11-24-2019 10:13 AM

When & where will these be available? I was just about to sell my Capra cage then I saw your panels. Think I’ll hold on to it.
Definitely Luke the one with rear wing.

MAC FAB 11-27-2019 07:57 AM

rockbender, hopefully I will be up and running in a couple weeks +/-, pending the completion of the project that doesn't want to end that I am working on now.

Joshs4x4toyz 12-01-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC FAB (Post 5977260)
Note taken, Josh. Are you still 3d printing lights and stuff? If so, you may want to see what is yet to come. As for the basic stuff, I will give you options for the roof, as an example. Want a visor that matches the V roof line (as seen) or straight across, end on the rear roof bar, match the cage line going back or simply braking down 90. I need to look at tail light light bars, that could be mounted in the roof panel. For the weight watchers, I have something I'm going to try for you. You want a body out of .032, .040, .050 or .063, got ya covered. The complete long side version (hood, roof and sides) out of .040 weighs about 7 ounces. Going up or down in metal thickness is about 25% difference in weight, +/- . Want stainless or galvanized, okay, not a problem. I'm trying to get most of the concepts done before going full blast, so consumers can see the full lineup and choose accordingly and not have buyer's remorse.

Hey bud, just seen your bomber post and it reminded me of your panels:mrgreen:! Yes I still do a fair bit of 3D printing. I am mostly doing freelance work in design these days. But I hope to get back to printing RC stuff again. I got a mill about a year ago and plasma table doing metal art as well. I really want to get back into rc stuff as soon as time allows though.

Thats great you are considering different thicknesses. Id be all about the .040 for a sweet little U4 rig on some 10.2 rockjocks. That last post looks great, is that the stock wheelbase and width roughly where the tires are sitting?

MAC FAB 12-01-2019 09:55 PM

Yes, the w/b and width of the mockup are correct. Tiny little sucker compared to my Bomber.

MAC FAB 12-02-2019 10:11 PM

How about this one? The rear wing bolted together is very, very rigid, just a pita to assemble. I don't think rock beatings will be an issue.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2526a392_c.jpg20191202_192621 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

Any takers?

Barndog Racing 12-03-2019 08:51 PM

Great work Mac!
Now people have even more options to choose from and congrats on being a vendor!

MAC FAB 12-05-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barndog Racing (Post 5981199)
Great work Mac!
Now people have even more options to choose from and congrats on being a vendor!

Thank you Brandon. "thumbsup"

Panther6834 12-05-2019 10:29 AM

In answering an earlier post of mine, you mentioned that people ordering would have different options (ie. thicknesses, which pieces, etc), which is perfect, as I'm not in need of the hood, or roof. I've got two questions. First, the "wing-like piece" on the back of the Capra...is that 'part' of the side pieces, or an 'optional' item? Second, where can I order?

MAC FAB 12-05-2019 06:10 PM

The wing like piece out back goes on the longest side version, only going to get that one in .040 for abuse protection. For clarity sake, 1) I have the standard Capra sides, 2) the spill plate on the rear with the standard front, 3) spill plate rear with the long front, 4) then the "rock Racer" version that you are looking at with the wing panel. I have a couple other "designs" I need to get fabbed up that you may like better than the one with the wing. Talked with my CPA today, that generated a few more loops that I need to deal with to keep all ducks in the legal realm contained. Pricepoint is to be determined, should be the same or near the current offerings out there. I guess now is a good time to ask, who wants something, send a DM so I have an idea on what to build. Sorry for keeping poteneially interested parties in the holding pattern, this is entirely different than my years of doing 1:1 stuff, where I would deal with you face to face and have your car for a month or more.

EDIT:

To answer part of the question you just asked that I didn't answer, Panther6834, yes, if you want the sides only, so it is. Of course a full body will be the best bang for your buck. I can accomodate that. Also, for those who like their existing Capra body but would like the spill plate (number plate pieces on the back of the sides) additions for your rig, I should be able to do that for you as well, pending having a Capra in my shop for fitment. All the body variations seen so far are geared towards those who may spend time on the sides or the lid. Should you like the detail in the hood of my last picture, or have an idea, I'm open to suggestions. If you are a little more conservative and want your Capra to be a one off, fully custom body, that can be done as well, constructed from .040 so it can be welded if/as necessary. You want shape, not a problem. Study my Bomber body sides in my avatar, they have shape (compound curve) in them, hood is formed, roof is flat.

MAC FAB 12-17-2019 08:45 AM

Ok guys, here is where the program sits. Shipped lower 48 states.

1) A standard body, short sides like the OEM, hood and roof will be $45.

2) Add the rear spill plates (number plates on the rear), standard front will be $50.

3) Extra long rear "Rock Racer" version from the pics I've posted with the rear wing section and the standard front will be $60. You will get the necessary extra hardware required to install the body.

4) I have a few more Capra concepts yet to be revealed, but need my rig first to finalize any fine tuning to them.

NOTE: I am waiting for the RTR Capra I have coming to show up to check for wheel/tire interference as to add the front "wheel well" option as seen in the pics above. It may not work for the (class 3???) comp guys at full lock/bump because of potential tire rub, thus requiring wider hubs. I'll keep you posted.

Once my Capra is in my hands and I can verify that all my body options will: A) fit and clear any unforseen obstructions, B) look the way I want them to, then "the store will be open for business" ready to take orders. "thumbsup"

Panther6834 12-17-2019 03:13 PM

Diggin' the "rock racer" side panels...just wouldn't need the roof, or hood, as I'll be using the Vitavon Racing carbon fiber pieces for those two (tho, I do have to admit, I DO like the aluminum hood).