Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Tires and wheels

Notices

Thread: Looking to expand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Looking to expand

Hi all, I am wanting to expand my beadlock wheel base to include other popular wheel sizes beyond the 1.9" 2.2", and 2.8" I currently make. In order to ensure proper size and fit I at least need wheels an axle and a beadlock tire would also be helpfull. In exchange for someone shipping me these items i will give you 1 complete set of wheels for the cost of shipping and all materials. I would also need for you to send some quaility digital pictures and a test report. This does not fall into the category of my custom wheels that I make for people. I am looking for something that goes on a popular RC like Traxxas, Losi, Axial or ??? that I can produce in large quantities and sell.
If interested, let me know what you have and we will talk.
Thanks
Jake@motoworxracing.com
motoworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I can send you Clodbuster wheels & tires (2.6") if interested.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
I can send you Clodbuster wheels & tires (2.6") if interested.
Tell me more, like what kind of vehicle they fit, and are they popular?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Any ideas?
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Would you be interested in the stock XR-10 wheels?
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
Would you be interested in the stock XR-10 wheels?
He's trying to break out of 1.9 and 2.2 market
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

ohh okay, i didnt read it carefully.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I think super sized wheels would be the way to go, I've got some axial 40 series (3.8") beadlock wheels you can use for measurements.
Most that build supers have narrow wheels, so the width would need to be narrower than the Axials I send you (most go to about 1.25" - 1.5").

A lot of the super guys run the larger HPI 115mm non-beadlock wheels as well, which may help keep the total cost down if you make them in aluminum.
The hard part though is figuring out what size to make since there really isn't a standard size (part of the reason there isn't more super wheels) but those two sizes seem to be the most popular. Also, the hub would be better if it were a seperate piece. Some run 17mm hubs, some run 23mm.

These wheels could also work for the monster trucks that use 40 series tires.

I'll send a PM with a little more info.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I would suggest a 4" wheel with 17mm hex. In the 1.75 to 2" width. This would cover many spectrums of Monster trucks and unlimited class crawlers. Maybe a width adjustable rim with adjustable hub offsets.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

A very light weight Super rim would be the ticket, 40 series with 17mm
hexes. That would cover a market that is in dier need of attention. I would send you money today for a set if you want to build some. I could
get the specks and send you a tire and rim if you need
Rokpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokpile View Post
hexes. That would cover a market that is in dier need of attention. I would send you money today for a set if you want to build some. I could
AGREED!
*lightweight
*40 series (3.8")
*2" wide
*17mm hex
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default 40 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokpile View Post
I am interested and a tire and rim would be great.
Jake
Old 09-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

How about 2.2/3.0 Sc beadlocks? A majority of racers may not want the weight of alum, but some that don't race exclusively will. Also those that use slash4x4 front ends on ifs rigs need a 2.2/3.0 wheel up front (at the least) to clear the chubs.

Not to mention there aren't many manufacturers that make this style of beadlocks in alum.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Can't send you one 'cause they don't exist yet (other than semi truck wheels)
1.7" beadlocks !
1/10th scale reproductions of popular styles.
please and thank you
Billybongo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

What would it take to make a "40" series beadlock with a bead insert that gave you the option to sell them as a 40 series but gave the option to run a 115mm wheel and or the hpi 5b size. I like the size of the hpi 5b wheel but the different bead diameter is annoying. A wheel that has adjustable width, diameter and offset would cover them all and be a first. I also have a proline beadlock narrowed along with a moab tire if nobody else has stepped up. Im so ready for a awesome wheel.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default super wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGee View Post
What would it take to make a "40" series beadlock with a bead insert that gave you the option to sell them as a 40 series but gave the option to run a 115mm wheel and or the hpi 5b size. I like the size of the hpi 5b wheel but the different bead diameter is annoying. A wheel that has adjustable width, diameter and offset would cover them all and be a first. I also have a proline beadlock narrowed along with a moab tire if nobody else has stepped up. Im so ready for a awesome wheel.
I don't know, sounds like a tall order. The cost and time for me develop something like vs the return on investment is probably out of my league.

I got a set of Axial wheels part # AX8071 Oversize Narrow Rockster Bead Lock wheels. I was hoping to use these as a base for a design. I am having trouble determining if these are a 3.8 tire diameter or a 4.0 tire diameter. It kind of measures in between the two. I would like to have a tire that is what the masses would like to run

I am totally willing to make some of these but I need someone that knows their shit to help me out with the diameter issue as well as backspacing for the hex, wheel width, tire, etc..
I don't have time and money to waste so I am being a little cautious before jumping into this one.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoworx View Post
I don't know, sounds like a tall order. The cost and time for me develop something like vs the return on investment is probably out of my league.

I got a set of Axial wheels part # AX8071 Oversize Narrow Rockster Bead Lock wheels. I was hoping to use these as a base for a design. I am having trouble determining if these are a 3.8 tire diameter or a 4.0 tire diameter. It kind of measures in between the two. I would like to have a tire that is what the masses would like to run

I am totally willing to make some of these but I need someone that knows their shit to help me out with the diameter issue as well as backspacing for the hex, wheel width, tire, etc..
I don't have time and money to waste so I am being a little cautious before jumping into this one.

The 40 series wheels are 3.8" diameter. The 115mm wheel is 4.53" diameter.

Backspacing is tough because it is all user preference. Adjustable backspacing is going to be the way to go. Hex is usually 17mm or 23mm. Width is also user preference, but most people narrow the existing plastic wheels to about 1.5"

This is really one of the big reasons there aren't more super wheels on the market; too many different preferences on diameter, width, backspacing, etc. There's also not many tires available, however, many people use the 40 series Moabs (discontinued) or the new 40 series Trenchers for sidewalls.

I'm still willing to help with the design. If you would like me to, send me a PM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default Wheels

I have a set of his wheels. I bought em from ebay. VERY good machine work. Hi quality SS fasteners that dont "round out"
superzuki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote