RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Tires and wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-tires-wheels/)
-   -   Presenting Shifts, Lightweight n' Flexible Offset Hubs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-tires-wheels/436464-presenting-shifts-lightweight-n-flexible-offset-hubs.html)

BC-Brian 03-25-2013 10:06 PM

Presenting Shifts, Lightweight n' Flexible Offset Hubs

Lattice Innovations is pleased to introduce Shift Hubs.

https://s25.postimg.org/vk7ca25lr/Sh..._bagged_SM.jpg

Shifts are new hubs designed to be flexible, allowing you to adjust your offset simply by adding or removing spacers.
The core is made of machined 6262 aluminum (here in the USA).
The spacers are made of plastic offering a balance of strength and weight. The regular shift hub has an offset of .400" and weighs in at only 4 grams. These hubs run directly off the pin, allowing you to remove your hexes and save even more weight and quite a bit of that nasty wheel slop.
The hubs have 6 holes tapped to M3x0.5 and 6 other holes drilled to 3/3nd, ready for a #4-40 tap if you like.
You may need to purchase longer screws than the ones you are using in your current hubs depending on the number of spacers used.
Shifts are compatible with ANY SLW style wheel / any other wheels with the same bolt pattern.

UPDATE!!! 4.21.15 Shift hubs will now be shipping tapped for M3x0.5 screws standard (6x holes tapped to M3). There will be 6x additional holes drilled to 3/32 for a #4-40 screw, or to be used as backup M3 holes if your original ones get stripped.

https://s25.postimg.org/ekydusue7/Sh...spacers_SM.jpg

We are now offering shifts in custom Anodized colors. There are currently 8 colors to choose from and we will be adding more to the lineup soon.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...502_181528.jpg

Get your silver shift hubs from TCS Crawlers for $40

For custom anodized colors send me a PM

Weight
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B...8-no/photo.jpg

Widths
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-i...631/widths.JPG

Silver
https://s25.postimg.org/5n308rjdr/Raw_Hubs_Pile.jpg

Highlucks 03-25-2013 10:37 PM

Re: Presenting Shifts, Lightweight n' Flexible Offset Hubs

Cool product, will you be offering these pre drilled to accept 6m axle shafts?

Duuuuuuuude 03-25-2013 11:11 PM

Brilliant! "thumbsup"

BC-Brian 03-26-2013 10:33 AM

Thanks Duuuuude

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlucks (Post 4246761)
Cool product, will you be offering these pre drilled to accept 6m axle shafts?

The hubs are designed around the stock XR10 axle. That being said it is very easy to drill them out, up to 6mm. Hold them in a vice and slowly drill through the center hole. If you want to take it easy drill them out to 5mm and then 6mm.

STANG KILLA SS 03-26-2013 12:49 PM

killer! and i LOVE the price compared to VP!

any idea what SLW hub the Shift compares to with no extra spacers? ie 225 or 350 etc?

i bet you could thin up that flange by half for an ultralite version for the comp guys?

amazing product! i definatly gotta try these ;)

T3rry 03-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 4247456)
killer! and i LOVE the price compared to VP!

any idea what SLW hub the Shift compares to with no extra spacers? ie 225 or 350 etc?

i bet you could thin up that flange by half for an ultralite version for the comp guys?

amazing product! i definatly gotta try these ;)

his caliper says .400 and slw hubs go full on to a hex, so that should be pretty accurate. so that's approx half way between a 350 and 475 slw hub
But i too would like a lower profile version, i know on the rear of my ar60 sporty i run .225s and it's almost too wide at that, so thinner would be better, gives more room for adjustability, i think you could probably shave the entire "square" part off the back and recess the pin in the round part, should make material and machining considerably cheaper too

My question is, what's the ID of the spacer rings? will we be able to get a nut driver in there if we run s300/beef axles?

I would definitely take a mitt full if i could use them as low as .225 or even lower.

Lukescb7 03-26-2013 07:08 PM

What would the comparable slw hub be to the widest we can get with these? Great product.

Szczerba 03-26-2013 07:42 PM

Very cool design. Great work.

BC-Brian 03-26-2013 10:34 PM

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the feedback, and now some answers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3rry (Post 4247599)
his caliper says .400 and slw hubs go full on to a hex, so that should be pretty accurate. so that's approx half way between a 350 and 475 slw hub
But i too would like a lower profile version, i know on the rear of my ar60 sporty i run .225s and it's almost too wide at that, so thinner would be better, gives more room for adjustability, i think you could probably shave the entire "square" part off the back and recess the pin in the round part, should make material and machining considerably cheaper too

My question is, what's the ID of the spacer rings? will we be able to get a nut driver in there if we run s300/beef axles?

I would definitely take a mitt full if i could use them as low as .225 or even lower.

Yea they are between an SLW 350 and 475. I will definitely keep the low profile version in mind (Slim Shifts ;-) ). If these sell well I will see about adding to the line.

The Inside Diameter of the spacers is .44" which should be enough room or your nut driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukescb7
What would the comparable slw hub be to the widest we can get with these? Great product.

The longest SLW hub offered is .850". Using the hub core and two of the .220" spacers you would be at .840". However there 6x .220" spacers and 4x .125" spacers included so you could go Further out than that if you really wanted.

Frankenwheely 03-27-2013 12:03 AM

Will these work with rcbros knuckle weight mounts?:mrgreen:

BC-Brian 03-27-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenwheely (Post 4248663)
Will these work with rcbros knuckle weight mounts?:mrgreen:

Edit: Yes they do.

I don't have the RCBros knuckle weight system. If you want to measure the inside clearance I can try ti help you determine if they will it. The outside diameter of the Hubs are .850"

Hope that helps.

JeremyH 03-27-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Brian (Post 4248882)
I don't have the RCBros knuckle weight system. I you want to measure the inside clearance I can try ti help you determine if they will it. The outside diameter of the Hubs are .850"

Hope that helps.

As long as they are no larger in OD than the flange on the SLW hub, then they should work just fine..."thumbsup"

Lukescb7 03-27-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Brian (Post 4248561)
Thanks guys,

I appreciate the feedback, and now some answers.

The longest SLW hub offered is .850". Using the hub core and two of the .220" spacers you would be at .840". However there 6x .220" spacers and 4x .125" spacers included so you could go Further out than that if you really wanted.

Awesome, this is a great product. Might have to order some.

BC-Brian 03-27-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4248887)
As long as they are no larger in OD than the flange on the SLW hub, then they should work just fine..."thumbsup"

Hey Jeremy,

The diameter is not larger than an SLW hub so it sounds like you should be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukescb7
Awesome, this is a great product. Might have to order some.

Glad they will work for you. Let me know if you have other questions.

Hopefully this is the first of a few products, I already have some other stuff in mind. I appreciate the thoughts and ideas you guys have.

Force5 03-27-2013 06:05 PM

Here is a plug for this product "thumbsup"
I tested these in a local winter series, that I won !! ( a shameless plug for me :flipoff:)
This product is rock solid, they stood up to everything I threw at them.
I saw some of the questions and thought these pictures might help.

Mounted with Vanquish weights.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43266.jpg

On the rear with SLW's

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43265.jpg

RCBros weights

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43263.jpg

This really is good stuff "thumbsup"

Force5

Frankenwheely 03-28-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force5 (Post 4249759)
Here is a plug for this product "thumbsup"
I tested these in a local winter series, that I won !! ( a shameless plug for me :flipoff:)
This product is rock solid, they stood up to everything I threw at them.
I saw some of the questions and thought these pictures might help.

Mounted with Vanquish weights.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43266.jpg

On the rear with SLW's

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43265.jpg

RCBros weights

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3177-43263.jpg

This really is good stuff "thumbsup"

Force5

Thanks guys."thumbsup"

TSK 03-28-2013 01:30 AM

Great product idea! You should just ditch the 4-40 and make them 3mm from the get go though. That would mean no need for people to purchase longer screws as I'm sure we all have a huge stash of 3mm hardware laying around.

JeremyH 03-28-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing (Post 4250316)
Great product idea! You should just ditch the 4-40 and make them 3mm from the get go though. That would mean no need for people to purchase longer screws as I'm sure we all have a huge stash of 3mm hardware laying around.

A 3mm tap will run through those 4-40 holes easily. No drilling required. "thumbsup"

BC-Brian 03-28-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing (Post 4250316)

The prototypes I made for myself had M3 drilled holes. I had to modify my wheels though, the head size is different on an M3 socket head. I looked into having these made with both sets of taps but it would have cost you guys extra money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH
A 3mm tap will run through those 4-40 holes easily. No drilling required.

There are six holes on each hub that are not tapped. These are pre-drilled for an M3 tap (to 2.5mm). So it should be REALLY easy ;-) I figure anyone with a whole bunch of M3's probably has an M3 tap kicking around.

JeremyH 03-28-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Brian (Post 4250649)
There are six holes on each hub that are not tapped. These are pre-drilled for an M3 tap (to 2.5mm). So it should be REALLY easy ;-) I figure anyone with a whole bunch of M3's probably has an M3 tap kicking around.

Awesome! "thumbsup"

TraceTheDog 04-01-2013 07:28 AM

Got my set of Shifts on Saturday. Started messing around with them last night. So far I'm liking them. I was setting them up with some VP SLW v1 wheels. Using the Shifts instead of the SLW hubs. Everything installed nice and smooth. The spacers are just the right diameter that they don't stick out between the spokes. Unlike my homemade spacers.

Though I will admit I will not be using the Shifts with these wheels rather I will be using these to build some dually wheels for a build later this spring. They fit great but the pin mount functionality will serve me better in my next project.

JeremyH 04-01-2013 07:50 AM

Damn, talk about fast service!! I sent payment for a few sets of these on Wednesday evening and they were in my mailbox on Saturday. Nice work BC-Brian! "thumbsup"

JeremyH 04-01-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Well, it looks like I was only partially correct with this statement. It didn't occur to me that the largest OD on these will be closer to the hex pin than a regular SLW. That being said, it looks like these will only work with the outer (tapped) Nordic/RCBros weight. The non-tapped weights are too small in diameter for this hub to clear.

RcBro 04-01-2013 06:34 PM

Jeremy,
Do you have any of the weights I sell yet? They may or may not clear still just curious as mine are slightly different. I was planning on getting these once he has something the will be close to a 225 hub

JeremyH 04-01-2013 06:35 PM

Nope, mine are from Tomy directly....before you started making them.

chicklet 04-01-2013 06:41 PM

I have both of the NCD weight systems (Tomi) made and the new RCBro ones...what measurements you guys need?

BC-Brian 04-01-2013 10:22 PM

Also Curious,

Jeremy, can you get a picture. I didn't have a set of these wheel weights to design around, but If there are changes I can make to improve the design for the next batch I would certainly do so.

JeremyH 04-02-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Brian (Post 4258216)
Also Curious,

Jeremy, can you get a picture. I didn't have a set of these wheel weights to design around, but If there are changes I can make to improve the design for the next batch I would certainly do so.

Sure, I will snap one this evening.

I think just making the OD slightly smaller would do the trick..."thumbsup"

bquin 04-02-2013 08:17 AM

money sent for a set....;-)

BC-Brian 04-02-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4258488)
Sure, I will snap one this evening.

I think just making the OD slightly smaller would do the trick..."thumbsup"

Cool, keep me posted. Getting the OD slightly smaller may be challenging since I cannot adjust the bolt pattern, but lets see what we can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bquin
money sent for a set...

Thanks bquin, got it. Will get them shipped for ya.

Die-Laughing 04-02-2013 09:35 AM

Placed my order yesterday! Cool product. "thumbsup"

klaygrover 04-02-2013 06:54 PM

got mine today top notch product shipping was fast and great communication, I will be buying more!!!

jrkilburn 04-02-2013 06:57 PM

Got mine today, look pretty good. I will get them mounted up on the wraith and the twin hammers for this weekends trail runs.

Sent from my iPhone using misspellings due to fat fingers

JeremyH 04-02-2013 08:21 PM

Brian,

this isn't the best picture, but you can see here how the outer (tapped) weights have a slightly larger OD than the inner (untapped) weights:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...pscb1f896c.jpg

These are the original NCD weights, and it sounds like RCBros is making them a bit different these days, so your hubs might work with his...

rangercat23 04-04-2013 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an RcBros weight

this one has 2 tapped holes and 2 holes

BC-Brian 04-04-2013 12:30 PM

The outside Diameter of the Shift Hubs is .87". Should be plenty of clearance for those rings. "thumbsup"

JeremyH 04-04-2013 12:36 PM

Looks good! Damn Chuck, that's a fancy ruler! "thumbsup"

Will is sending me some of his half rings to test them out with these hubs as well...

Frankenwheely 04-08-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4262202)
Looks good! Damn Chuck, that's a fancy ruler! "thumbsup"

Will is sending me some of his half rings to test them out with these hubs as well...

Let me know how it works out for ya. Waiting to see the fit to pull the trigger on these hubs as well as the RCBros brass rings.;-)"thumbsup"

Frankenwheely 04-11-2013 12:54 AM

The trigger has been pulled. Can't wait to try these out. Thanks Jeremy for the pics. "thumbsup"

JeremyH 04-11-2013 07:07 AM

No problem Bryce.

And to show everyone else, these hubs will work just fine with the RCBros weights:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps354c9acc.jpg

Thanks again Will for sending me these to verify that they fit the hubs! "thumbsup"