Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Tires and wheels

Notices

Thread: Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway

CHECK OUT THE 'Rear Tires On Front' 4x4 Option!

So! I've been way into some Re-Re Buggies lately- The Scorpion, Tomahawk, Wild One & the like. These are fairly inexpensive, classic cars that I've been wanting for some time. I get 'em & build 'em & go about looking up stuff about 'em: First thing I notice is, they have a common flaw- There is about Nyet for wheels as these use odd drives. What a Crime! I also notice a lot of Chaps want to put rear tires on the front for a Unique, Beefy, Baja look. It becomes apparent that there is only one shop that can fix this, and it happens to be on my property- Lucky eh?

These wheels use only the Tamiya Sandblaster 915-size tires and similar that are used on the Tamiya Brat, Rough Rider, etc. The 915's are awesome, so those are what is recommended but there are one or two others out there. These wheels use the direct Pin Drive & dispense with all the other odd nonsense that makes 'em so bloody hard to find anything different. Googling these cars made me realize most were virtually identical, MUST FIX!

Now, of course I'm s'posed to sell you on these, mmmDuh. However, it is quite seriously that I tell you I put these on my Tomo & ESPECIALLY the Wild One, and set them by the TV for the last few days. I'm constantly amazed how Bad-*** these look, and they keep growing on me the more I look at 'em. Neither car will ever have anything but these on 'em ever again.

More pics here! Product Pics - cazan

DESCRIPTIONS
Standard Front/Rear: Pretty Self-Expanatory here. Rears & Front Smaller wheels.
'4x4' All Rear Tires: These take rears all 'Round! I anticipate these will be the best sellers- Totally Change Up the Style, and Serious-Up the Attitude. They take bearings in the front, just bolt-on with no fiddling around or cutting up. The Answer to a lot of prayers!

PRICING, SPARES, and Possible DISCOUNT!
Wheelsets are $99.99 USD Shipped in the US: Please add $12 per whole order for Int'l.

BUT, if you Pay Up Front for your Order (No Deposit) you can get them for ONLY $89.99 PER SET ($10 savings!) Woot! (See Below)

-Spares are available for $24.99 each, Specify Front or Rear - See 'Ordering Checklist' Below

BE ADVISED- Please Read!

All Wheelsets come with: 4 wheels, 4 Hex Axle Nuts (Not engraved, photos used what I had onhand), 0-80 Screws & Most Importantly,a pair of Spacers for the Rears (Not shown) that lets you mount them on longer axles- The Wild One, for instance. If ya don't need 'em fine, but if ya do they're included!

The SRB's are straight bolt-ons. The Scorp & Tomo fronts will need Four, 4x11x4 bearings- Just a buch each here if ya need 'em-
4x11 Bearing 4x11x4 Metal Bearing 694ZZ The Wild One may require a 1-2mm. front washer and/or perhaps require a TINY bit of trimming of the front ball joint/knuckle are area- VERY little, but just tellin' ya straight so no one freaks out.

As the rears are drilled for the rear axle, I'll need to know if you want Tamiya or Kyosho wheels- Checklist below.

ORDERING CHECKLIST!

This what you need to do to complete an order. Kindly make SURE to check all steps! If it's not clear just contact me- Lotsa choices = possible confusion. All orders must be in BY JULY 12th!

I need to know ALL of the following, by SENDING AN EMAIL (NOT Paypal Notes!) to me at chris@rogueelementcomponents.com

-Your Mailling Address (Do NOT send your payment/Deposit as 'Gift', and I should get it from Paypal)

-Total Number of Sets

-If you want 'Standard' (takes Front/Rear Tires) or '4x4' (takes All Rear Tires) Sets

-Whether for Tamiya or Kyosho

-If you want any spares, and if so, Front or Rear

-Now, total that up from the 'Pricing' listed above; Send all info to my Email, and send Payment or Deposits in USD only directly to my Paypal address, chris@rogueelementcomponents.com (Copy & paste address to avoid misspellings.) Free shipping in US.

- International orders will be charged a flat $12 -This covers a whole order regardless of how many are shipped- Who loves ya?

-Ship Date is 'Estimated' as I never know how many will be made, just FYI

-Deposit Due/Order Cutoff date: July 12th, 2016

-Estimated Shipping Date: August 18th, 2016

------------------------GIVEAWAY---------------------------

As usual, a Lucky Winner will score a SET OF THEIR CHOICE fer FREE! Just post up & check back here by July 10th when the Winner will be chosen! The only rule is, you MUST get hold of me with your shipping address within 7 days of being picked; On the 8th day you're out, and we don't want THAT to happen eh? Good Luck Chaps & Ladies! Chris REC
Attached Images

toyranosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up Re: Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway

Hey Chris! Thanks for fixing the thread! I am in to win a set of those bad boys! I love REC anything! I wish to have it all but know I can't afford it all! Keep up the great work! These would be super awesome!! I would use them on this vintage Ford XLT!

Last edited by ZippoMan; 07-01-2016 at 09:16 AM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
"GOD SPEED"

Default Re: Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway

I'm in for a set of your sweet looking wheels, I have set of your scale hubs and they are sweet. Thanks

"GOD SPEED"
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

These rims look sweet!! Thanks for the chance Chris!!
scalecrawler18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

So! I have plugged the posts into the Random.org RNG, and it chose #4, Scalecrawler18! Congratulations Mate! All you must do to claim your prize is PM or Email me with your shipping address & wheel choice within 7 days as per the rules- Purty easy eh?

More stuff soon Gents/Ladies, stay tuned, Chris REC
Old 07-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Congrats scalecrawler18!! I was keeping my finger crossed for the win. They would look awesome on my old Tamiya Ranger. I just have to dream. Thanks Chris for the chance anyway!! Very cool stuff!
Old 07-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
"GOD SPEED"

Man we had a 1 in 3 chance and neither of us got it, but congrats to scalecrawler18, you will love them.

"GOD SPEED"
Old 07-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Oh I see the winner doesn't even have a star!! :( Lucky person!! Hehehe
Old 07-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #9
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
Oh I see the winner doesn't even have a star!! :( Lucky person!! Hehehe
So does that mean it's a 50/50 chance for you and I.

"GOD SPEED"
Old 07-13-2016, 11:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Talking Re: Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
So does that mean it's a 50/50 chance for you and I.

"GOD SPEED"
I wish but I guess that is up to Chris! We could split it 50-50!! lol. I get rear wheels you get fronts!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Did scalecrawler18 claim his prize? Just wondering since they never posted a thank you or anything. Maybe they can post a pic of the winnings later!!

Keep up the great work Chris, can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

The winner PMd me about also ordering a spare front wheel to go with the prize, no address mentioned: It's been 7 days today. He was PMd a couple hours ago and advised that no address by tomorrow & I may have to pick another winner, so......There's only 1 rule, and that was enacted as having to chase down winners makes me feel like the prize is not worth their attention so they won't mind losing it. Stay tuned. Chris REC.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I know I would appreciate them hugely!!
Old 07-18-2016, 08:22 PM   #14
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
I know I would appreciate them hugely!!
Your not the only one lol

"GOD SPEED"
Old 07-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Since the other fella didn't claim this does this mean I could still enter? If so I would like to throw my hat in the ring.
If not I wish I would have seen this earlier.....
JBurke187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well, no message, no address, and the required time has elapsed by an extra 2 days: I am forced to choose another winner. Usually the prize is just absorbed (i.e., I keep 'em) but the way things went I think picking another chap is appropriate. They must be from the original posters to be as fair as possible, so the RNG picked #3, Nerdy149! (I mean 'Nerby', nyuk.) Same goes Mate, you have seven days to get me your mailling address! If not, Zippoman gets 'em by default & this will all be over....More to come Gents & Ladies, Chris REC
Old 07-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #17
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyranosaur View Post
Well, no message, no address, and the required time has elapsed by an extra 2 days: I am forced to choose another winner. Usually the prize is just absorbed (i.e., I keep 'em) but the way things went I think picking another chap is appropriate. They must be from the original posters to be as fair as possible, so the RNG picked #3, Nerdy149! (I mean 'Nerby', nyuk.) Same goes Mate, you have seven days to get me your mailling address! If not, Zippoman gets 'em by default & this will all be over....More to come Gents & Ladies, Chris REC
PM sent thanks Chris, sorry Zippoman lol
Old 07-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Dang it!! My luck is bad!! LOL Oh well next time!! Congrats nerby149!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Thanks again Chris!! Keep up the amazing work!
Old 07-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Nerby has already given me his info: Was that so hard? He must actually want these things. Chris REC

Unusual Vintage Buggy Wheels, '4x4' Option, and Giveaway - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone recognize this vintage buggy? STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 13 10-08-2008 07:30 PM
What is this vintage buggy? 72Blazer Chit Chat 5 12-22-2006 10:17 PM