Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Tires and wheels

Notices

Thread: **Krawler Tape & Krawler Tire Prep**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #21
RCC Addict

most of the descriptions are for the tape or prep ? ? ?

both say renews old tires but what is the main difference between the two ?

sounds like you need to buy both first clean with the prep and then get ready to climb roofs with the tape.

correct me if i'm wrong
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas72 View Post
most of the descriptions are for the tape or prep ? ? ?

both say renews old tires but what is the main difference between the two ?

sounds like you need to buy both first clean with the prep and then get ready to climb roofs with the tape.

correct me if i'm wrong
The Krawler Tire Prep removes dirt and Grease from your tires. Which helps restore the natural oils that keeps tires fresh and sticky.

The Krawler Tape will soften rubber and add adhesion. Adhesion seems like a Strong word. It's just enough to give a Tacky Feeling, but not Sticky enough to pick up anymore dirt then a brand new set of Losi's would pick up..... but the thicker and more layers you spray on with the Krawler Tape the Sticker it will get.

Plus Krawler Tape is just about Water Proof. So running through water a few times isn't going to remove ever easy.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #23
I joined the Band!

whos running it? does it work? i need more traction.
KING BLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Worked well for me, I was a real rock star w/ my PIMP CANE and Krawler Prep/Tape in the CMRCRC series this year.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING BLING View Post
whos running it? does it work? i need more traction.
It works, but does wear off. I tested it on slick floor with rock claws and rock lizzards. They werent new. I absolutely couldnt climb the vertical walls in my kitchen or living room on slick tile or wood floor without crawler tape. It does work.

I took out the rock claws this weekend and had no problems picking up sand/dirt from the tackiness.

After a good hour you may need to reapply but with each additional application it seemed to get even stickier than the previous application(I will be on the 4th app. with the claws when I do em in the morning).

My honest reccomendation is to definately buy the Krawler Tape, maybe slide on the prep, but I used them in conjunction and am VERY pleased.

It does smell very loudly like cherries but I liked it. It will burn your eyes and eat paint off of lexan so remove your tires from the truck or dont hit the gas with wet tires like I did.

It is TOO easy not to give this a try
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I can cut back on the Cherry Scent if need be....

I would recommend cleaning all the old KT off before applying more. Unless you want them sticker. Remember this is also a Tire softener. So just b/c the Tackyness is gone. The tire was still softened up.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
I can cut back on the Cherry Scent if need be....

I would recommend cleaning all the old KT off before applying more. Unless you want them sticker. Remember this is also a Tire softener. So just b/c the Tackyness is gone. The tire was still softened up.
Just went ahead and did the claws again. My 5 yr. old said something smells good. I agree. I like the cherry smell where it is.

I will try to keep an eye on the softening, but I run full foams and dont see it as a problem. Stickier is always better. I think/hope this product will bring the compound that rc4wd uses on their tires to life. Fingers are crossed
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #28
RCC Addict

well this weekend comps sucked it rain and was muddy as hell.I was very happy i had the krawler tape..I was shocked how much it help in the wet and mud it seem to help so much it didnt even slide on the hardest linest at the comp..it is diff mud and water proof
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote