Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: ***NEW Venom Group CREEPER 2.2 Comp Crawler!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #301
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller View Post
Make sure to do a build thread...and when you take pics use your macro setting Pictures are no good if you can't see them. The other build threads are killin me not being able to see close up pics. Enjoy a musta makkara for me too ;)

I promise to make a build thread with images like these (taken with cell phone) or better, because I intend to use a real camera this time:
Example image 1
Example image 2
Example image 3

( Didn't want to paste the images here, because these images aren't related to Creeper in any way ).

Sorry, no musta makkara for me . It tends to divide people into half, some like it, some don't.
tomik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #302

Talking

Oh yea, mine was on the porch last night when I got home. Will be building it today!!!! The tires are VERY soft compound, I think they will be awesome on the rocks!!
renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #303

Great! I'm glad to see more people getting their Creepers. I'm very interested in getting reviews. I'm still torn between the Creeper and the Ax10 aRTR.

Please post pics and your thoughts when you can!
binspoonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #304

Hi guys, great thread you have going on here. I just purchased the venom creeper a few days ago, and should be receiving it shortly. I'm a newb to the world of crawlers, so I hope to learn a lot here. Keep the info coming!
rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #305

Almost built, still need to build the shocks and install them and then install the electronics. I've never built a kit before, it takes longer than I thought!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #306
Quarry Creeper

one photo is more than thousand words
everyone is building and no photos here :(
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #307
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Hey guys, you asked about a Dig Kit and here it is! We are letting the cat out of the bag today we have a Dig Kit for the Creeper and its pretty sweet. The complete kit swaps out some stock parts and turns the Creeper into the most versitile crawler available with Locking Diffs and rear Dig. It works in 3 modes so 4WD, FWD with open "free spinning" rear axle and FWD with locked rear axle. It's controlled one micro servo and has a servo saver built in. The Dig mechanics employ a series of straight cut gears and an actuator fork for precise smooth shifts. The kit is $69.99 and will be available early next year.
Chris
How soon is early this year? Its all I'm missing right now. I have been bashing the snot out of it for the last 4 days. Wheel weights and a dig, and I think it will be dialed in to put it up against a comp ready axial.

Last edited by Werty Made; 01-05-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #308

Hey Werty, did you by chance install a remote locking dif kit on your axles? I bought two of the kits but no instructions came with them and there are about 30 pieces to the kit per axle!! That, so far, is my only complaint with the Creeper Kit.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #309
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation Axle issue notice

We are aware there was a batch of over heat treated axles that are very easy to snap. If you have an issue with the axles, 1 or more, just contact us and we will replace the part(s). Sorry for the trouble.

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #310
I wanna be Dave

Still waiting on mine to arrive but its nice to see awesome service and quick replys from the company.........kasper
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #311
Pebble Pounder

ooooo heat treated axles shafts.. Sounds like there are some serious advantages to the Venom. Great to see that Venom has such great customer service.
88_Pathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #312

Mine hasnt showed up yet, but its nice to see the great customer service! Thats huge!
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #313

Hi guys new here and to crawling. Been doing some research and waiting for this kit to come out and hear how it is. I'm dying to build a kit. Is the creeper as good as it seems? Thanks
kurrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #314
Quarry Creeper

Just finished building my Creeper (1:33 AM here) in stomach flu... Nothing stays inside, fun!

Anyways.. Had some problems during the build process:
- Overtight shock body/piston (one piston didn't want to move at all inside the shock body, maybe a casting problem, had to take some material off the piston to make it move)
- the ballends balls were too tight (again casting)
- a couple missing screws (used some leftovers from the kit at the end of the build)
- There are 2 screws per side of the wheel. In my wheels these screws had been overtightened -> can't tighten these holes anymore :(

Otherwise it was a nice kit to build. I have about 150 images during the build process, so after I process them I'll write a build thread.

Build thread: Tomi's Venom Creeper

Last edited by tomik; 01-06-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Build thread -link
tomik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #315
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrz View Post
Hi guys new here and to crawling. Been doing some research and waiting for this kit to come out and hear how it is. I'm dying to build a kit. Is the creeper as good as it seems? Thanks
lets see heat treated axles,
locking diffs,
front dig coming strait from the factory,
bead locks out of the box,
70* of articulation,
threaded shocks
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #316
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomik View Post
Just finished building my Creeper (1:33 AM here) in stomach flu... Nothing stays inside, fun!

Anyways.. Had some problems during the build process:
- Overtight shock body/piston (one piston didn't want to move at all inside the shock body, maybe a casting problem, had to take some material off the piston to make it move)
- the ballends balls were too tight (again casting)
- a couple missing screws (used some leftovers from the kit at the end of the build)
- There are 2 screws per side of the wheel. In my wheels these screws had been overtightened -> can't tighten these holes anymore :(

Otherwise it was a nice kit to build. I have about 150 images during the build process, so after I process them I'll write a build thread.

[Link to the build thread comes here eventually]
Sounds like it went ok.. Hope that they get better as the kits come out. The only thing is the shock not being fitted correctly.. That's weird.
88_Pathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #317
Rock Crawler

might have to get one while I'm waiting fof the losi crawler to be released.
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #318

So why does this not have its own subsection yet? Not enough people have them yet or what?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #319
Pebble Pounder

Since this is a new kit we expect a few minor production issues so please call us or email us at the first sign of a problem so we can solve the problem for everyone.

The shock is a weird issue since they are molded parts and we have not seen any issues. One quick fix is to lightly sand the edge of the piston with 600-1000 grit sand paper to remove any edge flashing that might be there. Beyond that if there is a fit issue please contact us.

Chris

Last edited by CRAWLINGAROUND; 01-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #320

My kit actually had 5 pistons in it and one of them was like described above. Luckily the other 4 worked ok.