Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: ***NEW Venom Group CREEPER 2.2 Comp Crawler!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Thanks! The skid plates are bolted on to the axle. I hear you on the wheel weights and you wont have to worry about that anymore! Stay tuned for more new stuff is all I can say! Give your son a coupon for a Creeper, stocking stuffer maybe? lol

@5150,
The links are tough and provide more clearance than straight links for sure. Due to the 4 link set up we had to make a second bend in them to keep the articulation design limits and max out ground clearance.

Chris

Last edited by CRAWLINGAROUND; 10-31-2008 at 11:55 AM.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

Hey Grizz, loved the Bronco at the Tamiya Scale Nationals!!! That thing was phenomenal!! Seeing so many scale rigs in one place was just heaven!! I cant wait till next year!
AxelRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Awesome work guy's!! Can't wait to get my hands on one.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Wow looks like they did their homework.... I'm kinda lauging at the "articulation is king" thing but other than that....

Locking diffs!!! Finnally
I love how they made it droop/ half droop out of the box.
Love the body
I LOVE the wheels, dissapointed that they are making only their tires fit.... they might lose some sales on that, wonder how those tires hook up?
coolkidjf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #65
RCC Addict

when do you expect to sell a compleat axle only and any word on a price for one compleat axle? The price is realy good for everything you get (wheels,tires,shocks,granny,axles and hardwhere , ECG) I might just get the whole thing come to think of it.
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

I will have one i must of over looked but when are they going to be available to purchase.................
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Can we get some Body -off Pics

track width?

wheelbase?

stock weight w/o electronics and motor?
Ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

It looks sweet thats forsure! Kind of a axial clone but still pretty sweet.
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

We expect product to ship out to dealers late December and or early January at this time.

The WB is 320mm and the Track is 272mm and ready to run weight is about 5lbs (depending on equipment)

More photos will be up soon. Look on our site for some shots.

No word on axle sets but for sure the parts are available and afforable.

Clone? far from it...

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #70
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Hardly a clone, the only similarity is the shaft driven aspect. Hopefully the knuckles work with ax-10/ berg stuff. Digging the double shear capture of the links on the knuckles for sure. Also digging the shock setup. All of my comp rigs are 30/70 droop/compression with extension and compression springs.

Well done, very well done. I can't think of anything I would want to add except some nice electronics With selectable locking diffs you could make the ULTIMATE solid axle basher and crawler.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

More info and pics................

Venom Group International proudly releases the Venom Creeper™. This revolutionary 1:10 Scale 2.2 Class Rock Crawler
was designed with die hard crawlers, enthusiasts and beginning R/C Hobbyists in mind. Hard core Crawlers will love the
innovative chassis design. Enthusiasts will enjoy its scale realism, and beginning and novice hobbyists will enjoy how
easy the Creeper™ is to drive. The Kit features a stylish die cut clear Poly carbonate body that includes window masks
and die cut decals.

Creeper Specs:
• Length - 17.5 in. / 445 mm • Weight - 5 lbs. / 2.27 kg
• Height - 8.25 in. / 210 mm • Wheel Base - 12.6 in. / 320 mm
• Width - 10.75 in. / 267 mm • Tire Dims - 127 x 55 R2.2
• 1:10 Scale 2.2 Class

Standard Features:
• Front and Rear Locking Differentials
• Beadlox™ 2.2 in Crawling Wheels and Tires
• 40 Degrees of Steering Deflection • Over 70 Degrees of Suspension Articulation
• Ridge Line™ 2.2 in Competition Crawler Tires • Memory Foam Inserts
• Internal Anti-roll Springs • True Triangulated 4 Link Suspension
• Sealed Gear Box • VC Drive System
• Centered Drive Line • High Strength Glass Filled Nylon Parts

Front and Rear Locking Differentials
The Venom Creeper™ features a revolutionary Tru-Lok Locking Differential design with external manual locking sliders and an optional Cable Actuated Remote Locker upgrade kit that includes a high torque micro servo and mounting hardware. Both differentials include bullet-proof hardened steel bevel gears with 4 hardened steel spider gears and a machined aluminum, red anodized differential locking ring.

Optional Remote Differential Lock
A locked differential increases climbing ability. An unlocked differential increase maneuverability. So what do you do on a steep incline that requires a tight turn? With the Optional Remote Diff Lock Kit installed on your Venom Creeper™ you can lock and unlock the differential on-the-fly using the 3rd Channel on your transmitter! Use two remote kits and a Y-harness to control both diffs from the 3rd or 4th channel to control them independently.

Beadlox™ 2.2in Crawling Wheels and Tires / Memory Foam Inserts
The Beadlox™ System features the first R/C wheel to feature a bead lock design based on full sized bead lock wheels. While other R/C Bead Lock wheels simply smash the tire to the wheel with a flat ring, Beadlox™ Wheels and Tires feature a new elliptical tire bead that is “captured and locked” in a channel between the wheel and Aluminum Rock Ring. To scale insane rock faces the tires need to deform to spread out and grip the surface. The standard foam inserts included in other crawler kits are too stiff to deform and until now, memory foam was reserved as an accessory. The Venom Creeper™ includes memory foam inserts as a standard component to reduce tire bounce and increase grip over difficult terrain.

Ridge Line™ 2.2 inch Competition Crawler Tires
Ridge Line™ Tires feature Venom’s ultra soft V1 Tire Compound and new revolutionary Beadlox™ tire bead design. The Ridge Line tread pattern is built for rock crawling with its aggressive sidewall lugs that provide tremendous grip in tight spaces and superior side hill driving. Ridge Line™ Tires are designed to meet competition legal measurements (127mm X 55mm R 2.2in) so clear some space in your trophy cabinet and get ready to stand on the podium.

Optional Beadlox™ Wheel Weight Set
The Beadlox™ wheel system allows you to add wheel weights to each wheel to increase traction. Wheel weight sets are available in two different sizes, 1.3oz and 2.5oz. The 1.3oz weight set will add a half pound to each wheel while the 2.5oz set will add a full pound. Mix and match different sets to fine tune the weight of each wheel.

Over 70 Degrees of Suspension Articulation
Articulation is king. Most R/C crawlers on the market bind up and max out around 70 Degrees of articulation. The Venom Creeper™ features over 70 Degrees of Unlimited “Bind-Free” Suspension Articulation and up to 65 Degrees of Limited “Bind-Free” Articulation when using the Internal Anti-Roll Springs. With that kind of articulation, you’ll get into and out of places you never thought possible with a stock competition crawler.

Internal Anti-roll Springs™
The Venom Creeper™ features four threaded body composite shocks with Internal Anti-roll Springs™ to maintain a consistent chassis ride height and attitude while climbing. Use both the internal and external springs to tune rebound, compression, ride height and articulation for the perfect rock climbing set up.

True Triangulated 4 Link Suspension
The Creeper™ Chassis uses a true triangulated 4-Link suspension design with bent lower links for added ground and obstacle clearance. The 4-Link suspension moves the axle roll center forward and closer to the center of gravity for improved stability for greater climbing capability. The Venom Creeper™ features high strength glass filled Nylon parts throughout the entire chassis for added durability.

VC Drive System™ and Center Drive Line
While most crawler kits feature an offset center drive line that create uneven torque effects, The Venom Creeper™ features a centered drive line that incorporates telescoping drive shafts featuring VCD™ drive joints for smooth operation, maximum efficiency and even torque distribution. This torque distribution is transferred to the drive wheels through high strength steel drive joints and steel/plastic composite drive shafts for toughness and durability.

Differential
Compact differential and axle design and bent lower links keep vital drive line components out of the way for maximum ground clearance and durability.

Sealed Gearbox
The Creeper™ uses a tough, glass filled nylon sealed gear box with a silicone access cover for easy maintenance. Inside you will find 5 heavy duty glass filled nylon gears with 10 ball bearings providing smooth operation.

Required Items To Complete Kit:
Standard Size High Torque Steering Servo
Standard 6-7 cell NiMH or 2-cell LiPO Battery
2-6ch Receiver
Brushed or Brushless Motor
Brushed or Brushless Speed Control
Venom High Torque Metal Gear Servo
7.2v 3000mah NiMH
20C 4000mah 7.4v 2-Cell R/C Car LiPO TRX
Venom VR3T 3-Ch FM Radio & Receiver
Fireball Rock Crawler Motor 55 Turn Sing
Venom V540 Brushless Motor 18.5T 2700 Kp
Venom Pro Brushless ESC 120A

Last edited by t9dragon; 10-31-2008 at 02:53 PM.
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

wow that looks really good in red.
great job
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

its looks great

just hope it doesnt take as long as your motorcycle to come out:-(

been waiting about 5 months for that one...
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

i tell you what...
if they support this thing as much as they supported me with my NR3d...

i want two
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Looks pretty good. Just glad to have more companies with rigs.....it'll only grow the sport and give us more parts to build with.
-w-designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8z2luze View Post
A clone denotes a copy.

This is not a copy of the Ax10. Why do you think it's a "clone" of the Ax10? Like JRH stated the ONLY similarity is that both are shaft driven. Everything else on this crawler is evolutionary.

I'd rock this one! Pun intended.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Why is the wheelbase at 12.6"? Knowing that the 2.2 class has a max of 12.5", that means it will have to modded right away to be 2.2 legal.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm seeing so far. But with all the research that appears to have gone into this thing, this seems to have been overlooked??
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Will there be ARTR RTR kits available after the initial release?
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #79
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8z2luze View Post
Why do you say that? Because it's green.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Why is the wheelbase at 12.6"? Knowing that the 2.2 class has a max of 12.5", that means it will have to modded right away to be 2.2 legal.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm seeing so far. But with all the research that appears to have gone into this thing, this seems to have been overlooked??
Maybe it is a type-o....................
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote