Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #261
Pebble Pounder

The losi with the dig will turn tighter than the creepr with diff locks, but they are nice for now. Do you have the new part numbers for the links and springs?

thanks
Dark8ngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #262
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark8ngel View Post
The losi with the dig will turn tighter than the creepr with diff locks, but they are nice for now.

that is till we get our dig . One thing we will have over the losi is the fact that we can freewheel. So going over a steep ledge the losi will flip or either not get up because the back wheels will have to either be locked or spinning. Where as we can put the back wheels into freewheel and have our front wheels pull us up with no drag from the back wheels.
Squadfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #263
Pebble Pounder

True...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #264
Rock Stacker

Just have to say thanks to Jason and the Venom customer support team. I bought three creepers for the kids and was short a few parts. After speaking with Jason, I received all the parts a couple of days later, except for an out of stock drive shaft yoke . Yesterday (a week later), I received a complete drive shaft kit which included the part I was missing.

~petev
vavaroutsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #265
Pebble Pounder

wish I could say the same...

They were very helpfull and nice to talk to about a warranty part issue I had...so I orderd and paid for some extra's parts....a week later after the order was placed and the parts still have not arrived.

I just called customer service today and they had no idea were the order was or if it was even shipped. They also informed me the diff lock ring I orderd last week is now out of stock, so I have to wait on that.

They did say they would try and 2nd day ship it by fedex...still waiting for them to call back on that.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #266
Pebble Pounder

Update...just got a call back and it will be here possible friday...hold my breath..?...lol
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #267
Pebble Pounder

Default Where are the screws?!?

Alright Venom. Riddle me this...

I ordered a steering servo mount kit (VEN-8371) and a steering linkage set (VEN-8361RE) so that I could set up rear steer on my Creeper.
My question: how do I mount these onto the truck? The steering servo mount kit didn't come with any screws, and the linkage set didn't come with any pivot balls to put inside of the rod ends, nor the longer screw required for installation.

So, what's going on, Venom? Where's my hardware
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #268
Quarry Creeper

i got servo mount kit with only one (of 3 needed) 6x6 spacer. To mount it you need 3x 6x6 spacer and one 2x6 spacer.
I have bought some screws from hardware store, coz i was missing some during building, so i have all of them in case of (20x of almost every kind, so i paid 30eur)

regarding linkage and missing pivots, no those are not missing at all. You need to to remove rear links and then you can use those pivots. You don't even need to assemble that shorter link, coz you can use the existing one. Same for longer screw.

Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #269
Pebble Pounder

yeah, I found out that I could move some of the hardware over to the new linkages, but my point is that I shouldn't have to juggle hardware like that.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #270
Quarry Creeper

That's true. If venom want's to be a big contender with this crawler they are going to have to get some of this sh*t together. A company as big as venom shouldn't be having problems with kits missing multiple parts, and when it comes to other things like steering linkage sets and what not, they need to be providing hardware. Trust me venom we won't mind extra nuts and bolts laying around.

Venom you need to be doing it better, faster and cleaner than the competition. Make yourselves stand out! I know these may seem like minor issues but with word of mouth and easy access to the internet anybody can take things out of context and decrease sales because of things like this.
Lets say you go and buy a new flat screen tv and stand for it. You get home and go to attach the tv to the stand, what's this theres missing nuts and bolts. How would you feel if this happened to you? So lets say you call the company and they are sincerely sorry and send you the extra parts you need. They use a cheap shipping price to save money and it takes a week and a half to get a couple nuts and bolts. Meanwhile your tv is sitting in the box not being able to be used, and in that week and a half that person who had that bad experience is through word of mouth going to tell his friends and family. Sure it may seem harmless, but would you want to deal with a company that has these issues or would you want to go to another manufacturer that has a better reputation...?

Just my .02 cents.

Oh and Chris were can I purchase the new skid plate? I don't want to make an order and then receive the old one.

Last edited by legion1capone; 05-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #271
Rock Stacker

Retracting all statements in all fairness.

Last edited by wangankin; 05-06-2009 at 12:52 PM.
wangankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #272
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangankin View Post

BTW the Ax-10 gets more articulation stock. :-(
if you leave the stock internal springs in, yes, but as with everything, there is a trade off. I own both rigs and while I have broken more parts on the creeper, it is more capable and also while there are more after market parts for the ax10, the creeper doesnt need so many and was designed better from the beginning. many of the problems I have seen have been from heat treated metal and plastics that have been revised.

plus the creeper OWNS the ax-10 on steering stock hands down.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #273
Quarry Creeper

I should note that with the setup I have now, I have worked out all the kinks. I haven't broke anything in quite awhile. Wangankin, It sounds like you may have got a creeper from the first batch or two sold. I understand were your coming from, when you get a new toy you want to play with it as much as possible not break parts and wait weeks before you can play with it again. Meantime your friends with axials are out on the rocks. It's a great truck when everything is working as it should.
I would have to disagree about an axial having more articulation than a creeper. I was getting about 80 degrees of articulation without the internal springs in when I first got the truck. You will notice if you want your truck to really perform you don't need that much articulation. When it comes to articulation you really should only be able to put a tires height under the tire. For some people they like even less.

When your truck can do this you have too much articulation.

This is my truck now:

That's all the articulation I could get without pulling the rear tire off the ground. I am using 1/2" of fuel tubing to limit the articulation. So far it's really working out on the rocks. I don't see any need to cut a little fuel tubing off for any more articulation.
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:05 AM   #274
Rock Crawler

my 1 VCD shaft has no holes :(... ill give you guys a call later...
madmax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #275
vhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion1capone View Post

Oh and Chris were can I purchase the new skid plate? I don't want to make an order and then receive the old one.

bump
vhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #276

vhb... The last order I made with them (about a week or so ago) arrived with the new skids. So they are sending out the new ones.
bappems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #277
Pebble Pounder

yea...got the new skid last friday and it fits and works perfect!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #278

Have you a pic from the new skid?

Olli
Olli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #279
Quarry Creeper

it should be like this
Official venom factory support thread
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #280
Pebble Pounder