Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #441
Quarry Creeper

first batch is on the way form the manufacture
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 AM   #442

cant wait for the dig... i just ordered the rear lockouts, aluminium c-hubs, single piece chassis skidplate and hb rovers (soft)
darkfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
first batch is on the way form the manufacture

is that official?

I have been waiting for some time!
speed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #444
Quarry Creeper

Chad said it... hope he will reply here ;)
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #445

thanks - have a comp in a couple of weeks - need to decide which class to enter!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #446

seems odd that on venoms site the dig was released in 08 but its not available yet :( how long until we can see some in Aus????
darkfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #447

Angry

I just got my creeper in the other day and had to stop the build due to missing pieces. Kit came missing all 4 diff gears and both diff lock rings. WTF
krawlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #448
Pebble Pounder

krawlin1, welcome to the world of Creeper ownership! Missing parts are just some of the joys you will experience! Stripped parts and no help in the "factory support" thread are more of the joys you can look forward to.

That said, once it is actually all assembled it's a darn good crawler.
rj_dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #449

I hope Venom CS is listening....I think we'd like to know what's on they're mind as far as a release date for the dig unit. I've read old posts from back in March saying it's on the way etc. etc. Come on man give us some kind of hope
wiznich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #450
Trying to have Fun Again

I have talked to chad and paul from venom they are in the middle of a shop relocation. They are moving to another city with a bigger shop.

So stay calm with them. They are trying hard to make you all happy.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #451
Quarry Creeper

whole office, not shop only
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #452
Trying to have Fun Again

Yes Whole Office.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #453
Quarry Creeper

Default Missing parts

Hi there,

I just received my creeper yesterday and all went well during assembly until I came to assembling the drive shafts. One half of one shaft is missing and two small flat head 3mm bolts meant to hold the ends on the differential housings are also missing. Other than that I was happy with the kit but am unable to use it until I get a drive shaft. I will be going to the nearest hobby shop today (one hour drive) to see if they have one??

Mike
Captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #454
Rock Crawler

Call Venom ... I had a diff spacer that was too narrow. I called them and a week and a half later they sent the replacement and a full set of axle shafts as well.
they wiill take care of you
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #455

well to be fair to venom it is a good rig, I got a clear first round on a UK comp today without dig, I probably travelled twice as far as anyone else doing long loops to get the line for the gates, but a clear round is a clear round.

On the second course I broke a CVD pin, whether this was a product failure or my mistake I am not sure, it was a slope I know my creeper will go up, but it was wet today and I should have punched it first time (easy to say after the event!)

I've had the creeper for a while and I am pretty sure i know what it will and won't go up, when/if i get the dig I really will not have any excuse not to be placing every time.

Apart from everything else, the fact nearly half the entrants today has Losi's, makes me want to stay with the creeper.

Let's all just hope they can find enough time out from moving office to get the dig finally sorted.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #456

I just finished building my kit and had a few problems:

1. Missing screws: two missing screws that hold the axel skid plate, but I used two shorter ones also included in the kit there were not needed anymore and could continue.
2. Outdated instructions: mine didn't sugested the use of grease (like in the gear train :P) and thread lock in some places (like the link arms :PP).
3. A few aluminum tubes didn't allow the 10mm insertion that they supposed to.
4. After a problem assembling the differentials one will lock-unlock ok and the other is too stiff and needs several wheel turns to engage.
5. I had to go return to the hobby shop because nor the high torque venom servo or the kit included the heavy duty/long servo horn :P.
6. I think there are parts of the instructions need clearing like the CVD assembly.

However I think for the money you can't go wrong with this kit and out of the box I think is the best kit out there. I hope it lasts tough...
batmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #457

I bought 2 creepers one green one red and they came complete. I am happy with both of them. My biggest tip would be to have a nice qulity set of allens when you get ready to build this kit. Thanks Venom Looking forward to the DIG!
Jason MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:36 AM   #458

Default substitute parts

hey im looking at getting a creeper. it will be my first rc other than the wal mart specials that run a day if they run. im looking at the parts list that you need and see that you say it needs the Venom Pro Brushless ESC 120A that dont have the motor and is still 169.99 and 229.99 with the motor. is there any subsitute part you could reccommend in place of the pro esc or do i need to have the programable one for this?
camaroman67401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #459

Default charger

and on the LiPO batteries will your VEN-0653 wall charger charge the VEN-1554T which looks to be the traxxas style LiPO battery?
camaroman67401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:14 AM   #460
Rock Stacker

I managed to bend 1 rear axle slightly so the wheel wobbles a bit. Not that important really at this slow speeds so I keep using it until it fails totally...

But it kinda tells that the batch I got was a lot better and didn't break off

Hardened? not really as I had to file some irregularitys off to be able to remove the C-hub - uneven surface due to small grub screws holding axle nuts.
UndCon is offline   Reply With Quote