Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #501
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
THANK YOU !!!!!! knew if i asked on here @ least someone would know going to my LHS on monday and getting me 1 of these bad boys

gave up on the whole crawler scene gonna stick to offroad short course just bought a hpi blitz
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #502
Quarry Creeper

hope you didn't sell your Creeper.
I'm gonna buy OFNA Hyper 10sc
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #503
Rock Stacker

Wondering if anyone else had this problem. Just go my creeper in the mail this weekend and started putting it together, but I'm stuck because of one tiny part that I can't outsource. One of the little tubes that goes into the CVD that has a hole in the side for the pin and takes the grub screw on the end of it to retain the pin, doesn't have a hole for the pin in the side of it. I don't have access to a drill press, so thats a no go to fix it myself. I wanted to finish whatever else I can on the build before I contact Venom about this. All three of the others were fine. That's funny, that after reading all the quality control issues with the kits that I thought I should do a thorough inventory. I did, but hit me with a stick I get something like this in a bag.

So far, problems I've run into for this truck:

1. Missing 2 screws that hold the ring gear to the diff.
2. All four screws that hold the motor plate to the diff stripped immediately. I know it wasn't the wrench, as it has worked perfectly fine on many other screws with the same size allen.
Thinking that if the holes where tapped from the factory, it could alleviate the stress on the screws with such tiny allen heads.
3. CVD/grub screw retainer doesn't have a hole in the side for the pin to go through.

I'll add to this list when I finish the rest of the build.

Last edited by s14slide; 11-22-2009 at 06:21 PM.
s14slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #504
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14slide View Post
Wondering if anyone else had this problem. Just go my creeper in the mail this weekend and started putting it together, but I'm stuck because of one tiny part that I can't outsource. One of the little tubes that goes into the CVD that has a hole in the side for the pin and takes the grub screw on the end of it to retain the pin, doesn't have a hole for the pin in the side of it. I don't have access to a drill press, so thats a no go to fix it myself. I wanted to finish whatever else I can on the build before I contact Venom about this. All three of the others were fine. That's funny, that after reading all the quality control issues with the kits that I thought I should do a thorough inventory. I did, but hit me with a stick I get something like this in a bag.

So far, problems I've run into for this truck:

1. Missing 2 screws that hold the ring gear to the diff.
2. All four screws that hold the motor plate to the diff stripped immediately. I know it wasn't the wrench, as it has worked perfectly fine on many other screws with the same size allen.
Thinking that if the holes where tapped from the factory, it could alleviate the stress on the screws with such tiny allen heads.
3. CVD/grub screw retainer doesn't have a hole in the side for the pin to go through.

I'll add to this list when I finish the rest of the build.

Just hang in there dude, venom is going to get better. I was missing the whole battery tray and upper shock mounts and my ESC plate was countersunk backwards.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #505
Rock Stacker

I expected as much from the kit with all that I've read up on it. I've been actively lurking for a couple of months now. My only gripe is that no matter what, I still have to wait at least a week to get something in the mail. I waited 2-1/2 weeks for my crawler as is. My locker is still in the mail. Just another kick in the pants being stationed in Japan.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 AM   #506
RCC Addict

Do you have a LHS where your at The barrel for your CVD, you might be able to use a MIP and they should have screws.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #507
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
hope you didn't sell your Creeper.
I'm gonna buy OFNA Hyper 10sc

got REALLY lucky sold it to a bud of mine he was buying 1 anyway so he just gave me the $ i just dont have the $ to keep having to put driveshafts in them but he's already got a couple of crawlers so it was a good deal
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #508
Rock Crawler

just finished mine went together great everything was there onlything at least tow or three screws on the beadlocks stripped on every wheel not very happy with that at all. I just finished the build lastnight and was creeping around my living room and after about 15 min of minor crawling the diff kept coming unlocked and I think the front diff might be tor up altogether.I will find out tonight when I tear it down again.The kit seems pretty well made but am dissapointed on hving problems on the first run.I also had to heat shrink the pins they kept falling out.Really want to like this thing but so far more repair time than crawling.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #509
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Do you have a LHS where your at The barrel for your CVD, you might be able to use a MIP and they should have screws.
I'd have to go all the way to Tokyo and just hope I can find something. In all reality it isn't even worth the trip. It'll cost me $20+ just to get there and back on the train. Then I have to find the hobby shop that I haven't been to in 3 years in one of the largest cities in the world, where the writing is still chicken scratch to me. I think I'm just going to try and drill the hole myself and if that doens't work, hopefully Venom will hook me up. Either way, I've got to wait if the drilling of the hole doesn't work.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #510

as im building the kit i cant get the shafts pushed into the gears inside the diff... thanks
SpitzerCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #511
Pebble Pounder

ok im not happy my kit is missing one page in the manual some parts to the shocks and the studs for the links so i cant get this thing together thinking i wasted my money
mesooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #512
Rock Stacker

Well I got my truck running. Had just enough hardware in the kit and a little bit of scrounge to get the job done. The only thing I really don't like is that this thing is marketed for beginners, but it seems most every body is missing something critical from their kit. Not much that's more frustrating for a newb.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #513
Quarry Creeper

It almost seems like there are still older kit out there in the mix, depending on where people are buying from.

On a side note, Venom needs to update the DIG info of whats included, because no where does it state that it comes with a servo. More people would be interested in this if they knew it did. I almost went a different DIG direction until I found out that it ame with a servo.

The bolt-on dig was a nice easy addition, great job, even if it did take 9months, definatgely well worth it.

Chris
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #514

First rc build; bought for my son end of Aug. Chassis is together and was mostly complete save for a couple of missing bolts that i found alternatives for. To keep it simple I've ordered all the parts from Venom from what they list as "required to run" on their web site.

First order in Aug, a couple of parts were out of stock, so what ever, i'll get them later. Ordered the last order mid October and didn't hear anything after a few weeks, so I called and they're out of stock of some of those parts until Dec. So it sits on a shelf in his bedroom. He's learning how to build real crawlers ... they sit in the garage for ever while you find money for the parts, except in this case they're paid for and the vendor can't supply what they sell.

I hope its worth the wait when its finished.

Last edited by dhoffryn; 12-01-2009 at 05:51 PM.
dhoffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #515
Rock Crawler

just got my kit today, missing a couple of screws, and the servo plate, and steering links too what a load o crap huh. and the plastic part of the wheels stripped the screw holes on about half, not to impressed with the beadlock rings either scratches and such. other than that crap, kit went together fairly well.....i guess. hopefully when i get the rest of it together it will be good to go....

Last edited by 88gmchog; 12-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #516
Rock Stacker

First post for me.

Got my creeper a few weeks ago. Took about a week to get it done...doing a little modding as I went. Over-all a pretty straight forward build. Luckily nothing was missing.
HwnElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #517
Pebble Pounder

I got my kit in on the 9th. Got it built in the first day. Thought I was missing some screws, but they were there. All the little bags get jumbled up lol.
The build was easy and fun.
I am very impressed with my creeper. There is one spot on our course that most people have trouble with, but I can make it without even really trying
ib99rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #518
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs down

Well I would have to say that I'm a little disapointed in that I still don't have all the pieces to assemble my kit that I have had since mid November. I have even went out of my way to order additional products to save Venom on shipping.

Now the latest response to the stripped beadlock threads....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Koneval
I apologize for this, we are working with the factory to have this corrected. We have suggested in the past to go up to a 2.5mm screw for anyone with this problem.
So i replied that was great, but the kit doesn't have any extra 2.5x8mm to correct this!

Response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Koneval
Honestly with the design of the bead on the wheels if only 2 of the screws hold the tire will be locked down. On my rig almost all of the screws are stripped out from being taken apart and put back together so much but the tires still don't even start to slip on the rim.
So I guess that means that I should just live with it or purchase on my own $25 dollars worth of screws plus the $10 to ship'em!

Geeze.....

Last edited by HRDROKN; 12-14-2009 at 05:10 PM.
HRDROKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #519
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hear this.. I had alot of screws left over after building mine with the ckrc stage 2 kit. And most of my rims had 1 to 3 holes stripped out on each side. They still hold great. If I need to redo any tire changes, I'll use a little bigger screw with a less fine tread...
ib99rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #520
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDROKN View Post
Well I would have to say that I'm a little disapointed in that I still don't have all the pieces to assemble my kit that I have had since mid November. I have even went out of my way to order additional products to save Venom on shipping.
So I received today one of the last parts needed.... a lower shock cap to replace the last cap that didn't fit (shallow cut threads). This lower cap fits perfectly, but it's the WRONG COLOR!

:-(
HRDROKN is offline   Reply With Quote