Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #521
Rock Stacker

I am currently waiting on a few items that were missing or misshaped. Hopefully I will receive them soon.

I will say that I have had a good experience with customer service so far.

Last edited by dirtybirk; 12-14-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: additional information
dirtybirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #522
Quarry Creeper

35usd for screws?
i think i can get them cheaper and shipped to you from EU
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #523
Rock Stacker

The threads on my shocks are really crap - the ones to adjust spring tension...and 1 of the o-rings to keep them in place is broken due to the fact that the threads are not going all way round

(if you adjust the tension a lot you automatically wear out the o-rings = bad design)

And my car is only 2 months old...

Last edited by UndCon; 12-15-2009 at 04:00 AM.
UndCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #524
Rock Stacker

Received the needed parts today. Thanks Venom
dirtybirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #525
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
35usd for screws?
i think i can get them cheaper and shipped to you from EU
Actually it was $20 for 48 screws and $10 to ship.... I ordered from amainhobbies for less then $15 shipped priority mail.

HRDROKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #526

Default Is the DIG unit work with the stage two suspension upgrade for the venom creeper?

I noticed with the stage 2 kit the shocks mount in a new place and was wondering if the dig unit would still work?
divinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #527
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinci View Post
I noticed with the stage 2 kit the shocks mount in a new place and was wondering if the dig unit would still work?

dig with stage two suspension
s14slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #528

thanks for the thread new i would have to mod it but this gave me some good ideas! Thanks again!!
divinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #529
Rock Stacker

Default Venom ??

I have not seen anything new pertaining to factory support for quite a while .... Has the creeper been put on the back burner as far as Venom is concerned ?? I know based on the price of new kits lately ($100 or less) sales must not be that great which means there is also not much in the way of aftermarket support for these things either, unless of course you mod axial aftermarkets to fit .... I guess I am just wondering if Venom has lost interest in this market? Any thoughts ?? Venom ??

BTW, I love my crawler !
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #530
Quarry Creeper

Default Alloy diff case?

When can we expect the alloy diff cases (8395) to be really available again?

They've been on backorder from my LHS (they use Great Planes) since September. First they were expected end of November, then it was end of December, now Tower Hobbies and your website say February!

I've actually been waiting since July (another story with another LHS, not Venom's fault), and I'm tired of not being able to lock my front diff

Richard
YJ_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #531

Default Link ends

I took the creeper out last weekend. It ran good broke a link end for the steering bad:-(. went to get a replacement at the Lhs the only way to replace them is to replace the whole set. What gives?:? Even on venom's website they don't sell the plastic link ends. Why would you not carry the plastic separate axial does. Just Thinkin.
Thurzday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #532
Rock Stacker

At least your LHS has pieces ! My LHS does not stock anything for the Creeper. They didnt sell enough so they expanded their Axial line and stopped carrying my stuff. I am pretty sure I was the only person to ever buy any Creeper stuff from him ....
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #533

Had some parts missing in my creeper box. Called Venom on monday and got the parts today. Very good service I will continue to buy their stuff. Thanks again
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:16 AM   #534
Quarry Creeper

The UPS dude brings my Venom Creeper tomorrow! I guess I should prepare myself for some missing parts? Look forward to gettin' my build on!
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #535

Ok today I left an email on the web site for the contact us email, left a phone message with customer service, and sent Chris a pm with my current issue.... let's see what results I get. My first expierience was handled within two days, my confidence is high with the customer service group.

recieved a call this morning and my new part is in the mail. Thanks Jason and Chris

Last edited by serveapurpose; 01-27-2010 at 10:09 AM.
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #536
smr
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up excellent Customer Service

I have to note in here the response time for Venom customer service...I have been building my new creeper noob and I decided to get another kit and start it as well. I was playing catch up with my second kit trying to get them both to same stage in the build and I didn't bother to inventory the parts right out of the box. I found while building axle I was missing a couple of bearings so I stopped and inventoried rest of my second kit and found a few other items missing. I stopped working on it and emailed Venom-group...this was at 2:30am this morning. I woke up this morning and at 7am I had reply from Jason. I knew they would reply but not that fast. I really appreciate the very quick response and look forward to finishing my builds and playing with a product I'm very happy with so far ..Thanks Jason very much.
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #537
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwlnCreeper View Post
The UPS dude brings my Venom Creeper tomorrow! I guess I should prepare myself for some missing parts? Look forward to gettin' my build on!
So far, I have all my parts except for one tiny e-clip.
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #538
Quarry Creeper

Just call the Venom customer service line and tell them what happened.I had a transmission issue and they had a new housing and cemplete gear set shipped to me and in my hands within 48 hours for FREE.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #539

i bought a venom creeper and was missing a few parts so i emailed them and they got back to me that day and shipped the parts out that day. i recived them two days later free of charge and they even sent me extra parts. thanx venom for the fast service
ncrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDROKN View Post
Actually it was $20 for 48 screws and $10 to ship.... I ordered from amainhobbies for less then $15 shipped priority mail.

I You would like to get some other, here we have 50x m2,5x8 for about 1,5USD(stainless steel) and shipping from EU to the US should be about 5-10USD from here...

like Alex said...
assassin_tl is offline   Reply With Quote