Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #541
Rock Stacker

i got my venom for christmas (little late).
first crawler, i love this thing !!!
its real fun to drive!! i did not have any problems
building it ,or any missing parts or any of that
kind of stuff. but i am haveing an issue with the driveline
pins ,as others have mentioned!!! i have a lot of different
way's of fixing it just have to do it.oh well, just had to say
i love this crawler!!!!
rcslsafut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #542

Hi...I'm not sure if there's this concern out there already...but anyway, my vcd axle (or the stub axle) broke (part number VEN-8367) for running only total of 100m...

Are there any DIY thingy here...I'm not from the US so ordering parts will be a bit of a challenge...

Thanks in advance!
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #543
Rock Stacker

there was a batch of venom that went out with brittle axle shafts
they have fixed the problem now ,but there was some out there.
just call or e mail venom ,they know all about it .they will send
you new one,s .(excellent customer service)imo!!!
rcslsafut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #544

Thanks rcslsafut ...will try to email them and hope to get same excellent cs from them...(fingers crossed)...will they be replacing it for free?

Anyway...just the same i ordered a pair of XVD shafts from RC4WD...it says its made up of stronger material...hope to get them soon...can't take my creeper sleeping all week long...my losi mrc is receiving all the bashing ...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcslsafut View Post
there was a batch of venom that went out with brittle axle shafts
they have fixed the problem now ,but there was some out there.
just call or e mail venom ,they know all about it .they will send
you new one,s .(excellent customer service)imo!!!
thanks...will send them guys a note and hope will get same great cs....anyway...i rodered on-line at RC4WD a pair of XVD's for me creeper...the wait starts...
Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #546

replacement link ends???

I broke my front lower link end at the axle as my Creeper tumbled down a ledge :?. I was searching online to see if any of the shops sell a package of the link ends, but it appears that I have to buy a complete lower link package... all I need is the plastic heims.. Any chance we can get a replacement pack available for those of us who carry spares in our pit box?
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #547
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by serveapurpose View Post
replacement link ends???

I broke my front lower link end at the axle as my Creeper tumbled down a ledge :?. I was searching online to see if any of the shops sell a package of the link ends, but it appears that I have to buy a complete lower link package... all I need is the plastic heims.. Any chance we can get a replacement pack available for those of us who carry spares in our pit box?
Best,cheapest option is buying a couple packs of Traxxas rod ends. A few bucks will get you a bag full of spares. Rod ends are a normal wear item on any crawler. It's best to have spares on hand all the time.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Best,cheapest option is buying a couple packs of Traxxas rod ends. A few bucks will get you a bag full of spares. Rod ends are a normal wear item on any crawler. It's best to have spares on hand all the time.
I hear yah on that! That is why I am asking for an option of OEM ends since there are several different degree bends throughout the rig... I appreciate the Traxxas info don't get me wrong. I just like to have my pit box well stocked so a broken end does not ruin a day.
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #549

Hey good deal i am new to the forum but i have been building on mine waiting to getall the upgrade parts. Been a real bummer I put mine together stock then tore back down am installing servos for dig unit on trans used ackrc kit to lower cg and servo just in case i put it up front on axle. i think these crawlers are great take it easy
pero824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by pero824 View Post
Hey good deal i am new to the forum but i have been building on mine waiting to getall the upgrade parts. Been a real bummer I put mine together stock then tore back down am installing servos for dig unit on trans used ackrc kit to lower cg and servo just in case i put it up front on axle. i think these crawlers are great take it easy
oh dear...have to wait 2-3 weeks before my shipment arrives...

any tempoprary resolution to a snapped stub axle?

also what's the best thing to do in taking a (glued) screw off the hex and the stub? my hudy 1/16 driver is just slipping off...
any remedy in taking off cyanoacrylate?

thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:42 AM   #551
Pebble Pounder

Where can i get metal C-HUB for this venom creeper? Any link will help so much TQ.

dr_rookie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #552

anyone have any ideas on how to keep from breaking gears on my diffs?? been threw two sets so far!!! its really starting to upset me that i play for about 10min and then loose a diff and have to wait a week for parts. BUT it is alot of fun while it is running!! Thanks Billy
bildosz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #553

Just got my Creeper couple of days ago - in process to build it.

Unfortunately I have o problem with plastic wheels: they came from factory with beadlocks mounted with 2 over tight screws on each side - once you get them out to mount the rims there is no way I can put them back and hold.
The threads in the plastic hole are stripped.:?

Any ideas to fix this aside superglue?
Dotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #554
Quarry Creeper

bigger screws
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:04 AM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotix View Post
Just got my Creeper couple of days ago - in process to build it.

Unfortunately I have o problem with plastic wheels: they came from factory with beadlocks mounted with 2 over tight screws on each side - once you get them out to mount the rims there is no way I can put them back and hold.
The threads in the plastic hole are stripped.:?

Any ideas to fix this aside superglue?
probably the same for all creepers... bigger screws, or let it as it is.. remaining screws are enough to fix the tire in place...
assassin_tl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #556

Default great customer support, yea ok

Here is my experiance with the Venom Servo

Good morning, I just received a ven-1825 High torque server to mount on my Creeper for rear steer. This server won’t come back to center unless moving or sitting on a flat smooth surface. Is this normal? If so do you have anything with higher torque?
I went with this servo because of the price point and it is recommended for the Venom Creeper but I am a bit frustrated. The 1825 is rated at 91.88 oz. my front servo is rated at 120 oz and it performs fine.

Darrin

Hello Darrin,
If this is mounted in the vehicle I would say this is going to be normal as this though it is a high torque servo has a very low torque rating.
This 91oz/in rating is going to be at 6.0 volts which you will not see unless you are running a separate bec or receiver battery.
This has been my personal experience with the creeper and any servo rated for less that 200oz/in at 4.5 volts.

Thank you

Jason Koneval
Venom Group International
14028 N Ohio St
Rathdrum, ID 83858

1-800-705-0620 Ext. 211

Darrin Wrote:

I am running a separate BEC. If what you say is the case then why is this the recommended servo for the Venom?

Jason Koneval Wrote
This is the only servo we carry that will fit in this model. It will swing the tires but as you said the vehicle really needs to be moving. This has been the experience of all of us running this servo in our creeper. I have since switched to a 333oz/in servo and a separate bec for this very reason.

Thank you

Jason Koneval
Venom Group International
14028 N Ohio St
Rathdrum, ID 83858

Darrin wrote:

Well that is interesting, because it is the only one you sell that will fit it is the one recommended? Now with that said I am new the crawler hobby but not RC (18years flying and tinkering around). I understand the importance of torque and speed on a servo.
I would have expected that if it was recommended it would have performed. Now you are telling me you and probably others in your company don’t use your recommended server due to poor performance. Nice… now I have a 23 dollar servo that is pretty much useless

Jason Koneval Wrote
Hello Darrin,
That is not at all what I am saying this servo is great for a low budget get the crawler going servo. But as a lot of us are getting more active in competitions you must run a very high torque servo to be able to move the wheels when they are under a heavy load.
I am sorry but again you will find this with any truck and any servo in the torque range. Large trucks need large torque servos to turn the wheels while not moving.
dman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #557
Rock Crawler

Man that suks!

here might want to try this one: 126oz torque.
http://cgi.ebay.com/rustler-vxl-2075...item230598145f
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #558
Rock Crawler

Did venom give up on this forum?
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #559

Default Sure does look like it

Sure does look like it
dman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #560
Quarry Creeper

Default venom gave up on crawling

I think they gave up on crawling, and rightly so. they have to much intrest in lame a$$ rc motorcycles and boats.
I started into this hobby and thought I would get one of the "NEW " crawler company out there,...BIGGEST MISTAKE I'VE MADE IN YRS.
no support , no followthrough,no desire to improve there products,no parts availible from the LHS scene,and parts engineers that are overpaid for there designs. (the tranny with dig is the size of a LOSI Micro crawler, the hole crawler)
I was very supportive of Venom at first, and bitched at people who bad mouthed them, For this I appoligize,....YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!

IMO the creeper is an over priced set of axles and that is it(even those need to be jb welded to be any good)
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote