Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #141
Rock Stacker

HEy guy's new to the cawling scene. I ordered my Creeper yesterday and it should be her tomorrow, Hoping i will not have any problems but i know from what i have read that the support at venom is KICKA$$, and chris is a great dude that helps everyone out ALOT, anyways i KNOW school tomorrow is gonna seem like its FOREVER, when its actually a half day LOL, can't wait to get wrenchin

FLAG!
Flagbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #142
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperbeast View Post
hey chris! i totally boogered my pinion gear . stripped out the set screw hole. damn these gorilla hands. lol .prolly a good thing, since i went brushless and i read on here somewhere to go down a couple teeth or something. could you give me an idea on what i need to get? im runnin a novak goat crawler system with the 18.5 motor. thanks in advance. devon
If you look at the gear chart in the manual you should be running a couple of teeth less for sure. Ive tried an 18.5T motor and its to fast for my taste but with a smaller pinion you can tame it down. Try a 12T or 13T and if you want to tune it even further try the option spur gears 46T/47T/48T so you can find the perfect speed for you.
With the BL system if you let the motor turn mad rpms you will smooth out the way it feels when you drive compared to a brushed motor.

As for the DIG Kit update all I can say is we are working on it, no dates yet.

Chris

Last edited by CRAWLINGAROUND; 02-27-2009 at 09:57 AM.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #143

Got my replacement parts today from VENOM. You guys do kick tail in support. Thanks.
bluezephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #144

Default Venom creeper

it is a nice truck but make sure u dont break it cause u have to wait 2 mths to get parts i broke the c hub like 20 minutes into running it and ill be waiting till mid april to get replacement parts ,also i was one of the kits that came incomplete so i waited 4 days for parts to finish building it ,good luck with it
SLASH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #145

Default got parts

well i got a tip on parts at tower hobby thanks again for tip i got them so should have them in few days woo hoo back to it
Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #146
Pebble Pounder

Hey Chris, I have a question for ya! I broke one of the stub shafts today rolling down a snowbank (First Run) and I read this thread and saw that at first it was no big deal to get replacement parts, but now it may take longer. Am I better off finding them somewhere and just ordering a few sets? Or is there a way to get a replacement, as it seems as though it broke waaayyyy to easily. Other than that the truck is awesome, Goes together smoothly and performs well so far. Let me know!
Larson627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #147
Rock Stacker

Hey Chris and everyone, I just got my creeper from tcs today, and i was puting the tranny together. it seems smooth until one point where i can't tur the output shafts with my fingers, i was wondering if this is normal and i just gotta break the gears in, or if it may be a defect.

Thanx a bunch
Flag
Flagbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagbmx View Post
Hey Chris and everyone, I just got my creeper from tcs today, and i was puting the tranny together. it seems smooth until one point where i can't tur the output shafts with my fingers, i was wondering if this is normal and i just gotta break the gears in, or if it may be a defect.

Thanx a bunch
Flag
Flag mine does the same thing. I think it will break in though. These motors have a lot of torque.
bluezephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #149

just got my kit the other day but i noticed a couple pins for the locker ring are bent.. anyone else have this issue?im affraid to try and straighten them and cack the pin or the ring. any help would be appreciated. i cant wait to get it running so i can run over my brothers ax10
808venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

I broke a c hub due to the shaft failing i can figure out how the shaft broke or how the pin caused this much damage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Werty Made; 03-01-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #151

Default C hub break

I know how u feel i broke mine also in first 20 minutes of running been on shelf for 4 weeks now waiting for parts order them from tower they seem to have everything good luck with it
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #152

I have just had to tear my front axle apart to reset the lock ring, and my pins are moving. They seem to not be a press fit anymore. One of the pins has gotten bent slightly.What can i do? I have only had the kit for about 3 weeks!
montenchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:57 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
The new skid plate is coming, I dont have a date but its in production.
The Diff Lock kit got an update with a spring to assist the locker so its easier to set up.
We are expecting our next shipment in about a week and that will have the improved manual and hardware packaging as well as all the steel correctly heat treated so we see an end to that gremlin

Ive also made the springs a tiny bit stiffer for future production so you have to use less preload on the shock body. I found there was an advantage for the stock kit to have a little more spring over the current spring tension. It holds the ride height better and gives you a little more clearance on rocks.
How can I obtain the upgraded locker kit with the spring? The one I have came from Tower Hobbies.
lordy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #154

Thumbs up

I must say venom customer service Rocks!! I called Wednesday for a busted VCD shaft, Saturday morning I had 2 replacements. But in the mean time I came up with a temporary solution. The Axial do fit and work with some tweaking. First take a dramel with a ball shaped grinding stone around 1/4 in diameter. Grind out til the center of the VCD axle is an 1/8 in from the edge of the axial shaft. Then put the axial shaft in a vice and drill a 5/64 at a 90 degree angle to the slots. Then rotate the shaft 180 degrees and repeat making sure to be lined up with the hole on the other side. As a side note you may have to grind a flat spot before you drill. It worked for me.

Thurzday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

well thanks again for taking care of the axle shafts the new shafts lasted two 10 minute crawls i have now broke 5 all together and 4 lower link ends should have more that i purchased in tommorow nothing is perfect and nothing ever will be but i am getting dis appointed nice crawler when its able to crawl very nice but your axle shaft issues are far from fixed i broke 5 i admit the one was my fault but the others were bad quality control .

Please dont take this the wrong way just letting you know so you can look into this a little more closely i do however like the crawler
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #156
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson627 View Post
Hey Chris, I have a question for ya! I broke one of the stub shafts today rolling down a snowbank (First Run) and I read this thread and saw that at first it was no big deal to get replacement parts, but now it may take longer. Am I better off finding them somewhere and just ordering a few sets? Or is there a way to get a replacement, as it seems as though it broke waaayyyy to easily. Other than that the truck is awesome, Goes together smoothly and performs well so far. Let me know!
Do both! If you can find a suitable part then cool and also while you have that going on our parts will arrive to you before you know it.
We have a whole new shipment coming as we type so parts and kits will be here this week and next week.

Chris
Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #157
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagbmx View Post

Thanx a bunch
Flag
There is a break in period and after a couple runs all the gears will set into each other. Put a light grease on the tranny gears (better) and the heavy grease on the diff gears as per the manual. You can use the included grease on all the gears.

Chris
Old 03-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #158
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
well thanks again for taking care of the axle shafts the new shafts lasted two 10 minute crawls i have now broke 5 all together and 4 lower link ends should have more that i purchased in tommorow nothing is perfect and nothing ever will be but i am getting dis appointed nice crawler when its able to crawl very nice but your axle shaft issues are far from fixed i broke 5 i admit the one was my fault but the others were bad quality control .

Please dont take this the wrong way just letting you know so you can look into this a little more closely i do however like the crawler
You just hit the galactic lotto on our bad parts run. All of those that failed on you I would suggest you contact our C.S. guys and replace them, no problem. We have new fresh parts coming so you will be the go to guy for others to get a new part now! lol Give us about a week to turn that around to you.

Chris
Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #159
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordy49 View Post
How can I obtain the upgraded locker kit with the spring? The one I have came from Tower Hobbies.
The easy way to solve the issue for you is to grab your nearest ball point pen with a spring and see if that spring fits. Put it between the locker lever and the cable guide and that should be fine.
If not, the replacement cable and guide set will include the new spring and washer, VEN-8382.

Chris
Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #160
Pebble Pounder

In general so everyone knows remember this DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOUR NEW KIT HAS A PRODUCTION PROBLEM. We will honor our products with replacements if there is a poorly made part that fails on you or if the part is just not made correctly.

808venom
Montenchris

The best way to reach us is by email or you can PM me WITH YOUR INFO and I can fwd that to the C.S guys for you. I'll do that for you guys on here no problem but it takes more time that way.

customerservice@venom-group.com

Thanks,

Chris