Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Official venom factory support thread

Look here for special announcements and product support in the future.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Diff Lock Kit

Looks like a few, maybe 40, kits have shipped that are incomplete or incorrect in some way. We are currently checking the inventory and making sure the kits are correct so if you happen to receive a Diff Lock Kit and would like to exchange it just contact us right away.
The servo might be too large or the screws are incorrect and the instructions will be missing for sure. In any case just exchange it with us.

Chris
Old 01-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys im in omaha & orderd the kit through the hobby town here like months ago & they still have not recived any yet any clue when they might?? or are things still behind from the holidays!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

No idea why right now. We are expecting another shipment soon. You can call our Customer Service Dept and check up on your order.

Chris
Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #5

If a person ordered through an on line vendor does the kit get shipped to them first?
Or does it get shipped to the customer directly from Venom?
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #6

Your online vendor will have to receive their kits from us and then they would in turn ship it to you.

--Paul Susbauer
Venom Customer Service
Kootenai Krawle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Default Local NW Sales...

Good job Venom. If I were to purchase directly from Venom can I pick up my order as will call in Hayden? Are either of our local hobby shops going to be stocking kits and parts? I have given up on them due to really poor service in the past. Thanks in advance for your response...
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

As of Friday I believe Performance RC in CDA has kits in stock, I saw they had about 4 left.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Default Local NW Sales...

Thanks, but once again... If I were to purchase directly from Venom can I pick up my order as will call in Hayden?
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #10

If you would like to pick up a kit or parts directly from us you can, please do call ahead though.

--Paul Susbauer
VGI Customer Service
Old 01-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Have you send any kits to ModelsportUK in England ??
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Hey i got mine finally & im having a problem keeping the front axel locked the three little pins in the red ring on the diff keep getting pushed back in to the ring so they are not making contac with the brass spider gear any remidy?? Thanks for the help!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

If the pins do not fit tightly then it might be a bad part. Do they slide easy in the red alloy part? That is supposed to be a press fit assembly.

The next thing to look at if the locking ring is ok then just tighten the assembly screws for the manual locking slider a little more to set the tension better on the detents that are molded in. You should hear a distinct click sound when you lock/unlock the diff.

Try that and let me know how it is, if you have a bad part its no big deal to replace it.

@ SnoopMax
Sorry I dont have any shipment info so I'm not sure if any kits have made it there.

Chris
Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

When building the diffs I had to redo it a few times to get it right.
Anyhow I put a little grease on the switch assembly and it works fine
but, I noticed when switching it sometimes it would not fully engage.
I would just spin the axle a little then the holes would line up and then
it would engage.
ktmkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Yes the set screw on the locking switch is tighter but it still slips out the pins do push through the red ring easy! Otherwise I think its a great rig really beefy axel parts
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #16

I've been having some issues with the diff locks as well. Same problem of the switch not staying engaged. I will try rotating the axles to get them to "stick".

The main problem I've encountered so far is that I've had a front axle snap on me already. I was running up a rock and took a tumble. The axle somehow caught the rock and sheared off at the king pin inside the hex. At first I thought I just lost a wheel nut or something, but after taking a closer look, sure enough, the entire axle had snapped. I called venom, and they have already sent me out some parts. Good customer service, but I hope this doesn't happen again. I've never broken a steel axle before (especially going only 2mph), so chalk that one up as a first.
rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #17

Rschoi_75,
The snapped axle would have been one of the over-heat treated axles that we had notified people about here on RCC. The replacements you go should remedy that.

When assembling the diff, and lock setups, I made sure there was no flashing from the diff lock yoke on the backside (you see two indentations where the mold part ejection pins are) then apply a slight bit of grease there on the backside and on the yoke portion itself.

When assembling the actual diff, I put grease on the backside of the bevel gears before putting them in the diff housing. Then, drop in the spider gears, (drop them in, don't drop them. ) When I close up the diff bolting it together loosely and then with one of the axles, I insert it, and start working the gears and working the grease I put on the spider gears; this allows everything to seat properly. I then in a star pattern start tightening down the 8 M2 screws the hold the ring gear/diff housing together. I do it a little bit at a time, rotating the axle a little bit to make sure everything is seated well until I have gotten all of the screws tight.

This makes for a nice smooth diff, with good lock/unlock.

--Paul

--Paul
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #18

Default Motor Pinion in kit?

Hi, I've got a Creeper on order and was wondering if the kit comes with a motor pinion gear, or do I need to order one
Thanks -
SKIPSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
wcy

hope fully customer service will come through again as it been excellent so far, but i am very disappointed with this kit, i got it running drove around my kitchen floor went to ramp a chair and the ball for the joint on the front drive shaft broke. this is stupid i dont even have 1 minute of driving time on this thing and it's broke twice. id post a pic but i can't figure it out

SKIPSTER, Yes, it comes with one

Last edited by wcy; 01-17-2009 at 02:18 PM.
wcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

It might be stupid, but after you "get over it" and think rationally, you understand that there is a possibility of something like over heat treated parts in products. It just happens sometimes. I bet Venom doesn't intentionally produce faulty parts as it wouldn't be good for anyone and I'm sure they're happy to replace the parts.

Yup, you'll have to wait for the parts and it sucks... I know, I got to drive 2 minutes on plain rocks after my shaft broke and now the weather forecast says it's going to snow 10cm next week so I don't even know when I'll be able to drive my truck next time =).
tomik is offline   Reply With Quote