RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Venom Creeper (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/)
-   -   Harley's Venom Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/157296-harleys-venom-build.html)

Harley 01-27-2009 06:19 PM

Harley's Venom Build

Well it has begun. Once again a new truck landed at my desk today, so it is time to start my normal routine. I will be modeling all the important pieces of the truck. As always I will start with the Axles and move to the trans, then chassis.

So here we go! Stay tuned......

Thanks TCS for the truck "thumbsup"

BigBaller 01-27-2009 06:54 PM

Done yet? Come on. Please tell me it's Green.

dezfan 01-27-2009 07:03 PM

Better late than never.:ror:

Harley 01-27-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaller (Post 1582217)
Done yet? Come on. Please tell me it's Green.

I actually got the special edition, it's Yellow "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1582236)
Better late than never.:ror:

Don't worry Dez, I am here to rescue you :lol:

dezfan 01-27-2009 07:18 PM

By the time your done modeling the gearbox (have fun w/ that), I'll already be on my second incarnation!:ror:

Harley 01-28-2009 12:04 AM

Well I got quite a big done tonight, I was too busy to take pictures along the way. I am building the kit pretty much at the same time.

I can say that the kit is of pretty decent quality, on par or superior to an Axial kit. I will also say that Venom made a poor choice with lots of the hardware. That 2mm crap is ridiculous. I stripped a head so I immediately changed out to a brand new 1.5mm tip and still stripped a couple heads.

I will finish up the kit tomorrow and the models in the next few days. Then onto make this thing a winner "thumbsup"

88_Pathy 01-28-2009 12:39 AM

I am looking forward to hearing your first impressions.

dezfan 01-28-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1582855)
Well I got quite a big done tonight, I was too busy to take pictures along the way. I am building the kit pretty much at the same time.

I can say that the kit is of pretty decent quality, on par or superior to an Axial kit. I will also say that Venom made a poor choice with lots of the hardware. That 2mm crap is ridiculous. I stripped a head so I immediately changed out to a brand new 1.5mm tip and still stripped a couple heads.

I will finish up the kit tomorrow and the models in the next few days. Then onto make this thing a winner "thumbsup"

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I wish Axial and Venom would address the small hardware issue.

1\4elliptic toy 01-28-2009 05:58 PM

So Harley, Are you modeling this to send to double J? (or someone who fabs parts) I ask because of some recent breakage I have had, I would love to get some upgraded parts made.
I have followed a couple of your other projects...impressive! I am excited to see where this goes.

4xFord 01-28-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1\4elliptic toy (Post 1586243)
So Harley, Are you modeling this to send to double J?

:shock:

Harley 01-28-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1\4elliptic toy (Post 1586243)
So Harley, Are you modeling this to send to double J? (or someone who fabs parts) I ask because of some recent breakage I have had, I would love to get some upgraded parts made.
I have followed a couple of your other projects...impressive! I am excited to see where this goes.

The words Double J and Fab do not belong in the same sentence, unless accompanied by poorly and slowly. You may not have gotten the memo but Double J is a joke a scammer an incredibly poor craftsman. :lol:

I work for TCS, new parts would be made through them. I am also not going to even worry about aluminum upgrades, just no need for me to even waste my time. Overseas companies will likely have them out soon.

I only mess with cool and unique projects for the most part.

1\4elliptic toy 01-28-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1586614)
The words Double J and Fab do not belong in the same sentence, unless accompanied by poorly and slowly. You may not have gotten the memo but Double J is a joke a scammer an incredibly poor craftsman. :lol:

I work for TCS, new parts would be made through them. I am also not going to even worry about aluminum upgrades, just no need for me to even waste my time. Overseas companies will likely have them out soon.

I only mess with cool and unique projects for the most part.

:oops: Sorry, I had not read enough to get to that point :oops: So we than maybe should be looking for some sort of "chassis" upgrade "thumbsup" I appoligize for my assumption....:-(

1\4elliptic toy 01-28-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 1586562)
:shock:

Well said!

dsd1_209 01-28-2009 11:39 PM

yea i jus got my creeper today and started putting it together and stripped some of the heads crappy small hardware