Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: no slipper clutch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #1

Default no slipper clutch?

I just read that the creeper has no slipper clutch.How? why? when/ and where?
What do they do and don't do /It sounds like the clutch slips a little to keep from breaking something.So what if you get the creeper in a bind / does something just eventually just burn up, break, melt, or what /
Who likes slippers and who doesn't.
It sounds to me like a bad thing without a slipper;

And by the way.I fly rc airplanes.A member of our club just got a duratrax cliff climber.There is a small pile of small logs at the edge of the flying field .He lets some of us drive it over these small cut logs.We all have a blast.-Nothing, not one thing has broken yet.It drove perfect right from the box.
Are the higher end crawlers going to hold up like this little duratrax if I just play on the small logs? If not, I will just go with the cheaper cliff climber. New to crawlers. This is an awsome website

Last edited by timeout; 09-13-2009 at 09:07 PM.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #2

slippers and crawlers don't mix. The electric motor is both power and the brake. With a slipper you would not get a holding brake it would just roll. Under power you want smooth direct power for the most control a slipper will not provide that direct hookup. Yes if it gets bound up parts fly. Things break! Thats the wonderful world of crawling full size or RC.
Jason MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

slipper clutches are fitted to prevent damage to your driveline, if set correctly they will only slip when bound up bad so you dont strip a gear or snap somthing,
so they do not effet the braking effect of the motor/gearing and the driving ability of the transmission.

not all crawlers have got a slipper fitted as most people just lock it solid if it is fitted,
and if you are that badly bound up you are going to need pick your truck up anyway.

my losi, axial and tlt/pede tranny slipper clutchs are all locked solid.
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i personally dont like the slipper. no slipper=more power to me...but yes you have to know when the limits are being pushed and back off a little or you will be back in the hobby shop or waiting for parts in the mail(whichever you prefer) the venom creeper and the axial ax10 are very good crawlers right out of the box...both perform very nicely.but as you crawl more and more you'll find that you want to upgrade this and that. this site is very good at helping you do just that.especially if you're new to the sport and are not sure what to do. i've never seen any duratrax climbers on the rocks...so i cant really say much about em
Sicario666 is offline   Reply With Quote