Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom trick and tips FAQ thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #41

Anyone have any suggestions on alternative places to mount a 2 or 3 cell lipo?
CreeperJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
You could always chop the batery tray and use the two inner mounts for suport and leave the two outer wholes for just the shocks.
thats how i made my homemade kit just need to get 4 longer bolts for the lower shock and link mount
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperJay View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on alternative places to mount a 2 or 3 cell lipo?
Since my LiPo's are the full size, i cut out a triangle shape piece of lexan and mounted it to my rear upper links. That allows me to velcro the battery on the rear of the truck on the upper links, since they are to big to mount on the axles and this still keeps my CG low.
208BrAnDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemancrawler View Post
thats how i made my homemade kit just need to get 4 longer bolts for the lower shock and link mount
Could you show a picture of your set-up? Ive been experimenting with different set-ups like this and think I found one that works (for me). But id like to see what you got going?!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Sure no problem

Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

This is how mine is set-up now~~> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000178690279
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

nice
Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

actually that is quite nice, how do you rate that setup?
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtek View Post
actually that is quite nice, how do you rate that setup?
Who?!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208BrAnDo View Post
Who?!
you!)
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

It worked fine, no problems with battery moving around or anything and of course keeps CG low. I got sick of how it looked though, just to "cluttered" for my liking, you know! Over all I would give it a 7, -3 on looks! lol... Definitely a good place to mount a full sized battery.

This is how my Creeper looks now~~> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...20953747920581
Old 04-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #52

I purchased a set from integy had to measure and do some cutting of driveshaft .Basically measured old set and no problem. I am a newbie been into mostly Traxxas and axial but i have spent many hours on my creeper. Later Carlos a.k.a. Quero d pero
pero824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

do you guys think that the venom saddle packs http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vnr15082.htm would be able to go on either side and mount to the chassis plates?

also has anyone been able to put any axial AX10 axle components on the creeper axle? like the internals, or the steering knuckle etc?

and last question, in order to run dig and diff lock ill need a four channel radio correct?

thanks
Chappy
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Default BUDGET buster BTA in 1-2-3-4-5.....

the pictures are pretty self explanitory i put arrows on the key mods to make this work.... The bolts i used are all available at local hardware store. i ended up using one that is 31mm long and one that is 41mm long. everything else i had. these were used to bolt everything down to the knuckles

NOTE: you will be making adjustments in the steering link for the toe in or out... to accommodate i used spacers in between the 20deg ends and the long link you will notice this in pic1 just above the green arrow

Pic1

you need to make two bends on the long steering link (45deg give or take) enough to hover over the lower links and shock caps/ends shown in pic1 and pic2. you will need two 20deg (green arrow) ends to attached the link to both side (left/right knuckle) also to help raise the ends you need two 6mm spacer that will in between the link end and knuckle

Pic2

raise the servo plate mount and servo just to get over the upper links I used alum tubing and stock spacers to do this... cut to raise but not to high. i reversed the plate and obviously the servo.

Pic3

i used an old turnbuckle/link in order to connect the servo (red arrow) then i used traxxas ends (green arrow). they are small enough to make it compact and not cause any binding when steering

any question just post up and ill answer to the best of my availability hopefully this will help any body that is on a tight budget like me and doesn't have access to fancy machining. Happy modding!
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Here's a good question. We all love our creepers right? Then why do we try so hard to turn them into ax10's? think about it two most common mods are the ax10 tranny swap and the stage 2 suspension, wich moves the shock into a position just like the ax 10?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #56
RCC Addict

not me i like my creeper being a creeper i like the amount of gear reduction in the trans and i am still using the stock battery tray/spacers i did notch my tray so i could fit a lipo on the side of the tranny i will post some pics later
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
not me i like my creeper being a creeper i like the amount of gear reduction in the trans and i am still using the stock battery tray/spacers i did notch my tray so i could fit a lipo on the side of the tranny i will post some pics later
thank you a purist like me though i made my own stage 2 susp.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

This must been tried out by someone already, but i realized that removing those outer springs youŽll get a droop suspension:

Eagerly waiting for testing that..
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

hows that set internal springs only? let us know how it works. looks awsome
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemancrawler View Post
hows that set internal springs only? let us know how it works. looks awsome
Yep, internal springs only with stock position, as they are located under the piston and keeps pulling the car to the ground.

Worked like i thought it would, its stuck from the transmission all the time.. too little ground clearance.

So now i should get a little bit more clearance, as that is obviously not enough.
Otherwise, worked well, cliff climbing and sideways traction improved as the center of gravity got lower.
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote