Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom trick and tips FAQ thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Ok got kind of a dumb question and I prolly know the answer already but here goes (and yes i've done some searching but my head is starting to spin from all the links). Would putting the anti-roll springs back in help with the TT? I've extended my upper links but it almost seems worse unless i did it wrong. I'll post pics of the way it sits now soon.
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemancrawler View Post
Ok got kind of a dumb question and I prolly know the answer already but here goes (and yes i've done some searching but my head is starting to spin from all the links). Would putting the anti-roll springs back in help with the TT? I've extended my upper links but it almost seems worse unless i did it wrong. I'll post pics of the way it sits now soon.
All you have to do is change the left rear inner spring stock position to the other side of the piston.
As in stock position, that inner spring pulls shock shaft inwards, but if you assemble the shock other way around like putting the piston and shaft first and the spring after, then it will push the shock shaft outside and reduces TT.
Tested it out before i tried that droop suspension and it helped a LOT.
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Default Torque Twist is a link geometry issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemancrawler View Post
Changing your springs for TT problems is like putting a bandaid on a leaking DAM....

read this thread----> Torque Twist, Still not Solved.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

My son doesnt break the pins in his axle shafts,they just seem to come out no matter what we try.

So I TIG welded the pins in.Didint use any rod,just fused the outer to the pin.
FRIZZLEFRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Heres a diagram to hopefully help people understand why moving the rear upper links will help against Torque Twist

Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

thanks
crawler_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #67
RCC Addict

One thing i ran into when building my creeper was the awful skipping coming from the differential cases whether it be under power trying to climb or just on flat ground.
Have a read through this thread and it may solve your problem---> Ring and pinion problems
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

I havent had any trouble with that
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

So I recently bought a set of drive shafts for a Gmade R1 and when I got them in the mail and compared them to my current TRAXXAS half shafts there was no contest. the R1 shafts are beefier but a little to long so after chopping off a 1/4'' they are on and insanely strong I'll post pics of it soon
Old 10-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

why do you need those big nasty's in your rig...I dont know of anyone running the Traxxas shafts having breakage issues.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Thomas I twisted mine remember but thats because I was such a newbe when I did the damage
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

I bought them original for the u-joints but they are too big I'm only bashing with these till i can get the traxxas steel yokes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I for one threw my Traxxas shafts in the trash after twisting them off the metal yokes every time the rig bounced. I still use stock shafts in my creeper. The only reason I had the traxxas shafts was cause every one said it was a must do, it was not. I've comped mine numerous times and hit my rocks as much as time will allow. I have never twisted, broken or even lost a pin with the stock ones.
GB's 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

This has got to be the most confusing damn thread in the whole site..period. Holy crap.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIZZLEFRY View Post
My son doesnt break the pins in his axle shafts,they just seem to come out no matter what we try.

Might try this. The hole in the shaft, Venom should have done this on the output shafts and on the pinion gears. I had one hell of a time with my drive shafts this weekend. There is just enough play on the pinion gear and the collar for the shaft to loosen it up and come off, even with lock tight on the set screw. I lost 2 half shafts because of this. I drilled a hole in both output shafts on my trans but the pinion gears were too hard. My cobalt drill bit did nothing one them.
BrentH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIZZLEFRY View Post

Yep did the same thing. havent lost a pin yet, Now...
rwkhaussupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #77

Can anyone tell me if this are the upper links http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-45m...ks-p-2847.html that are used in the stage II? thanks!
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Can anyone tell me if this are the upper links http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-45m...ks-p-2847.html that are used in the stage II? thanks!
no they are not... the ones they use are 70mm...look at their parts list in this link...http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrcs-ve...it-p-1641.html
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #79

I know they are 70mm, I already look at the list. The 70mm are including the plastics end? That is my guess , i just want to make sure, I don't see any others shafts in the website.
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Venom trick and tips FAQ thread!

i just got my creeper a couple days and love it, wanting to upgrade it and make it better. i see problems of the crawler getting stuck on the skid plates and then also the diff locks, i will have them locked and they will get in a tough sitution and unlock. how do i fix these problems and also, why do i see people mounting there shocks lower on the chassis and not on the battery box?
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote