Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom battery placement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #1

Default Venom battery placement

I really want to put a split 6-cell nimh pack on my front axel. I dont want to just strap something to my servo, so I guess the real question is how do you do it? I've seen people move their shocks down on the axel with 10mm screws, how does this effect flex? strength? Im not willing to spring for lipo, and i dont want to mount anything in the rear. Thanks in advance for your input. Feel free to post pics.
drnodrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnodrno View Post
I really want to put a split 6-cell nimh pack on my front axel. I dont want to just strap something to my servo, so I guess the real question is how do you do it? I've seen people move their shocks down on the axel with 10mm screws, how does this effect flex? strength? Im not willing to spring for lipo, and i dont want to mount anything in the rear. Thanks in advance for your input. Feel free to post pics.
I am also asking this same question and not getting any answers. If I figure something out I'll let you know.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Try a little patience Grumpster, I replied to your thread. You'll probably get more replies either tonight once everyones home from work, or closer to the weekend.
Also search the Creeper forum ... this was covered about a month ago.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
Try a little patience Grumpster, I replied to your thread. You'll probably get more replies either tonight once everyones home from work, or closer to the weekend.
Also search the Creeper forum ... this was covered about a month ago.
I did a search and found some threads but wanted more. I'll probably just fab up my own. Thanks for the tip.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

I am running a 6 cell pack above my axel. I mount them 4 across the top of the servo and one on eather side. I made a longer servo plate to replace the stock one, just wide enough to hold the single cell on either side. I shrink rap the 6 cells and hold them down with a velcro strap on each side of the servo. However this will only work if you are using a stage 2 setup. I will try to get some pics for tommorow.
Riksss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksss View Post
I am running a 6 cell pack above my axel. I mount them 4 across the top of the servo and one on eather side. I made a longer servo plate to replace the stock one, just wide enough to hold the single cell on either side. I shrink rap the 6 cells and hold them down with a velcro strap on each side of the servo. However this will only work if you are using a stage 2 setup. I will try to get some pics for tommorow.

I have seen this truck and the way he has it mounted makes sense. The pack almost holds itself on by wrapping around the servo. Very good idea Riksss!!
Captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

• Here is a pic of the delrin plate I made for the servo and battery. I am running a 6 cell pack above my axel. I mount them 4 across the top of the servo and one on eather side. I made a longer servo plate to replace the stock one, just wide enough to hold the single cell on either side. I shrink rap the 6 cells and hold them down with a velcro strap on each side of the servo. However this will only work if you are using a stage 2 setup
Riksss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I havent mounted mine up front yet but I am using a 3s 1300 on the rear.
I used a battery mount from a trex 450 heli. Drilled the bolt pattern, couple spacers and good to go.

jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thats pretty cool, but Id like to see if anyone has gone one better by making a front servo/battery plate like there is available for the AX10. My Scorpion mounts both on the front axle and I love it. I'd love it if someone aftermarket made a similar tray for the creeper. I may move my shocks inboard on the lower link mounts like listed here, Traxxas big bores on the creeper??? allowing more room for a bigger tray to be mounted up front.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I run a small 3c 800 lipo and tuck it in beside my left chassis plate...

Captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Thats pretty cool, but Id like to see if anyone has gone one better by making a front servo/battery plate like there is available for the AX10. My Scorpion mounts both on the front axle and I love it. I'd love it if someone aftermarket made a similar tray for the creeper. I may move my shocks inboard on the lower link mounts like listed here, Traxxas big bores on the creeper??? allowing more room for a bigger tray to be mounted up front.

You can use that Axial servo/battery plate and just redrill and counter sink the holes to match the creeper. A few guys here, including myself, are using that plate.
HwnElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwnElf View Post
You can use that Axial servo/battery plate and just redrill and counter sink the holes to match the creeper. A few guys here, including myself, are using that plate.
Same here.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb Venom does have the plate !!

ITA MADE BY CKRC CHECK THEIR SITE UNDER CREEPER PARTS YOU'LL SEE IT !!! ITS A BTA SERVO MOUNT !!! EXTRA WIDE PLATE !!! I DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE THE LOWER SHOCK MOUNTS HAVE TO BE REPOSITION TO THE LOWER LINK MOUNT I THIMK ITS UGLY LIKE THAT SO I CHOOSE NOT TOO !!! ANY WAY I HOPE THIS HELPS !!!
im2tall is offline   Reply With Quote