Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Axle mounted diff lock servo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #1

Default Axle mounted diff lock servo.

After spending about 8 hours setting up the diff lock servo & cable, longer than it took to build the car. I got it to a point where is was perfect and didn't need constant adjusting. But I could never get the front and rear in sync on the same channel. So like others, I gave up on the frame mounted servo with long cable and made axle mounts for the servo's.

First I printed the PDF page of the venom manual that has the parts list onto card (great because it's 1:1). Then started mocking up different ideas.
I wanted to keep the cable / spring and cable channel, since all thoes parts are good quality, but just move the servo so there were no bends in the wire.
Once I had it perfect, I made up a plate from ally.

Then painted it black. Here it is next to the stock part.

Mounted it all up, and moved the steering arm to the other side so it doesn't hit on full lock.

Here is the underside as you can see I kept all the stock parts.

It worked so well, that I made another bracket for the rear. Since I'm not going to add rear wheel steering, I had a lot more room to play with, I just used a piece of ally angle, and cut a square hole in it for the servo.

All in all, only took a few hours to make and setup. Works perfectly, and both servo's are on one channel with identical adjustment.

Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links