Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Shock question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Shock question?

So im a little confused on the shock options and sizing of the shocks, i want to upgrade the shocks but cant find any that are the correct length to the stock ones. The only 2 sizes i can find is 100mm and like around 120mm, neither one of those sizes are the same as the stock ones. I have looked around for a good set but does anyone have any good suggestions on shocks and the correct length of the right sizes shocks?
thanks guys
jakedasnake92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I just bought traxxas xxl shocks and I had alot of people recomended the losi. But I wanted to get the integy but I was told to go with the traxxas also but it's all just in what u like I'm a big fan of traxxas so but I would recomend the losi or the traxxas xxl or as every one els calls them big boar
colbygosdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

On those do you run that with the stage 2 kit, because wouldnt that change the length that you need for the shocks or would it be the same shocks that will work with both? I just have the original battery tray mounting set up right now but was looking at going with the stage 2 in the future. Or i was possibly thinking about maybe either one of these.
http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=949
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/jungzerob104.htm
Any thoughts on either of these?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thats what they are called traxxas big bores the XL and the XXL are just the length. The zero shocks are really sweet also, they just use a weird size spring.

Also the zero shocks are pretty fat in diameter.

Last edited by JUSTGOINGSLOW; 01-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

The main thing abt any shocks are the springs.u want a a real good spring to limit th travel and a high wt shock oil. I'm abt to be runin either a rc solutions sting chassis or I'm just going to use my losi arm I have comeing in And I also use axle 70mm uper links now .from me driveing my creeper stock and haveing torque twist Im takeing the batery tray off and just going to make me a stage 2 kit but if u fab one up u need to realy play with it or you want get rid of you torque twist and thts the main thing I'm very new at this but learnig fast abt th little things. And you want your cg (center of gravity) low that's why every one runs shorter than the 120mm shock

Last edited by colbygosdin; 01-19-2010 at 09:20 PM.
colbygosdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I can tell you from experience that the stock shocks on the venom and the axial are to long for serious crawling. Sure you can flex like crazy, but that's not everything when your on the rocks. Look at how many people have a shorter shock like the losi's or big bores and they are still running 1/2" to 3/4" of fuel tubing to limit the shocks. 100mm shocks is really all you need. The height you sit at from stock shocks it way to high. To access your crawlers true potential you need a low COG.
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Ok well i decided i am going to get a set of the losi crawler shocks, but now that i look i cant find them in stock at any crawler stores online, does anyone have any good places that i can order them from?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I got the CKRC 120 mm type 2.thet aregreat.I changed the valves to the 3 hole ones included in the kit and cut limiters and put them in the shock bodies to limit the travel. 90 wght oil is working like a champ.also put a heavier spring in the rears to cut out the TT
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:31 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I am running homebrew stage 2 with losi shocks upside down with 3/8" limiter inside.....they work awesome!!
Captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote