Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Lumpy Rovers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Lumpy Rovers

I just received my new rover whites. I noticed that they were lumpy right out of the bag. I installed them with the HB foams on the stock creeper wheels. Everything looks even around the bead locks. When they roll they apear to wobble and are lumpy. I have tried pinching them around the bead and they have a even reveal all around. Will they straiten out over time?
TOPTRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Not unless you put new foam in them. The foam included with them does not full up the tire as it should. Get some ProLine oversized foam or some Nova foams if you have the coin.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yea its normal, the stock foams are too short. If your running a light rig though 5lbs or less, they work farily well.
LSXEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #4

I haven't run them on the rocks yet. 5' of snow here. The rig is light. I guess I will see how the work before I replace the foams.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #5

my rovers was doing that i added more foam to the stock foam and i have no prob with that now
taa84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

Try the Novas they work excellent in all temps

Original Design (2009) - 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams
evolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #7

Mine are very lumpy also, it helps them wrap around the rocks. I tried the oversized foams and ran it for a few weeks. I noticed they work better with the smaller foams installed.
vicsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Vent your rims with 2 1/8" holes as well, it will help let the air in and out keeping your tire round. I always park my rig sitting ontop of a couple 2x4's to keep the tires elevated off the ground preventing flat spots from sitting in one spot too long. Nova's crawler InNovation 2 stage 2.2 foams are the only way to go with these tires.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Vent your rims with 2 1/8" holes as well, it will help let the air in and out keeping your tire round. I always park my rig sitting ontop of a couple 2x4's to keep the tires elevated off the ground preventing flat spots from sitting in one spot too long. Nova's crawler InNovation 2 stage 2.2 foams are the only way to go with these tires.
Always on blocks and have holes. I hope to get out on the rocks soon and test. If I don't like the way they work I will try new foams.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
RCC Addict

If you want a decent cheap foam setup try this......... I run oversized proline memory foam with a 3/8" wide piece of the Rover non memory foam that I trimmed off and placed in the tire on the outer sidewall(inside the tire of coarse). This helps to keep the tire from folding over on a sidehill, worked great with my Pro-line Chisles but never tried it on my Rovers since I'm running Nova's foams. This setup is sorta a sideways 2 stage foam combo of memory and non memory foam. Hope you can understand this(if your even interested), sorta having a hard time spitting this out in a way that makes alot of sense. Kurt.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
RCC Addict

It's just how the tires are with stock foams. Run them for 5-10 battery packs and they'll start to round out just fine.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #12

The proline dual stage over sized foams are great help.
imotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I cut 1/2 to 1/3 of an inch of a regular foam and sleaved it into the tire and then put in the meamory foam.It fills out the tire and gives it good traction with the dual densitys of the foam.No lumps good traction.Works well.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I ran mine with just memory foam still a little unround but dont bother me great traction on the rocks..... gives it that finished look lol
RockGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #15
RCC Addict

That's exactly how I run my Chisels, works good if you can't get the nova foams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Jeff View Post
I cut 1/2 to 1/3 of an inch of a regular foam and sleaved it into the tire and then put in the meamory foam.It fills out the tire and gives it good traction with the dual densitys of the foam.No lumps good traction.Works well.