Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Love hate relationship w my creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Love hate relationship w my creeper

I love my Venom but yesterday I was just about to sit it in my driveway and run it over with my pickup like 10 times.I have had the worst luck with stuff breaking.Not all Venom stuff but aftermarket parts as well.Its like its cursed.And if thats not bad enough my custom RS10 blows it away and its got 1/3 of the $ invested into it and has almost never broken even under massive abuse.My list of breakage is as follows smoked 18.5 brushless motor that somehow also caused my 11.1 to swell and nearly explode[while running exactly the same throttle profile and setup all my friends run with the same electronics w/o problems],4 sets of transmission gears,several sets of driveshafts,Detonated spider gears,blown out shock eyelets[top ones of course]as well as a seemingly uncureable glitch from my Futaba 3pmx.Everything is now well and it is crawling great except for the glitch.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

wow.... i feel for yeah good luck
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You can always send it to me.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I come from a nitro back ground, so what i say may be dis-regarded. Any bind in the transmission will put undue strain on the motor. I have melted motor brushes in my 1/18 because of binding ring and pinion gears. The motor just asks for more power and a lipo battery will simply deliver more amperage. It'll fry the motor and a fried motor will suck the life out of a battery.

I have blown up spider gears before too, in a 3hp nitro truck, and it was all because i set up the gears with to much mesh.

IMHO, you have issues with improper fit.
freemachinist is offline   Reply With Quote