Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: on the Creeper wagon,,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #281
I wanna be Dave

Thanks viper...I am too man.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #282
I wanna be Dave

Default VULTURE w/ body panels

The stock Creeper body proved to be an excellent source for the body panels on the VULTURE chassis,,a little creative cutting and some zip ties and here we go....

Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #283
Quarry Creeper

Looks good mate!
WICKED MQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Ben,,I really like the look of it with skins now,,Im gonna shoot some paint on them this ARVO,,,lol
Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #285
I wanna be Dave

Ive been toying with a new motor location on my Creeper and although Im not going into details yet,,,just a heads up that I am probably changing out from the stock Creeper trans to an Ax trans for this mod. I will post details of the mod/s as I go along. Anyone care to take a guess ?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #286
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I am probably changing out from the stock Creeper trans to an Ax trans for this mod.
Quote:
... but now since youve gone AX for power we get to brand you,,,halfbreed.

Had to do it Thomas

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #287
I wanna be Dave

No one can say you dont read the threads Juan,,,good catch,,I wondered who would nail me on that but the branding will be well worth it I think. From my initial thoughts and measurements this mod will be SICK.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #288
I wanna be Dave

After a whole bunch of research on the idea I have,,it loks as though I may have to go R2 for a trans. My idea was to keep weight down and get some additional weight out of the belly of the beast. The AX trans doesnt allow for me to make the transition form the motor to the trans remotely like I wanted because of the huge spur gear. I would need a remote mounting plate with a 5mm shaft to mount to the trans to take the place of the motor. I need the same remote mounting plate for the R2 trans but it be much easier to make. The R2 will have to go on a serious diet though....have to mill out a bunch of material to get it's weight down to a managable level.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #289
RCC Addict

i know it might be alot of work but what about making your own transmission/transfer case setup with remote motor placement ?
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #290
I wanna be Dave

That was a thought too but I wanted parts that were readily available to anyone incase someone else wanted to try it out.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #291
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No one can say you dont read the threads Juan,,,good catch,,I wondered who would nail me on that but the branding will be well worth it I think. From my initial thoughts and measurements this mod will be SICK.
What's next, BULLY axles??? J/K, bro.
I think the R2 trans with dig mount would really be a good upgrade considering it's lower profile and weight/CG.
Heck them Axial guys were putting them into their rigs for the same reason. Part of the fun in this sport is the modding,,, you gotta do what works and to do that you gotta use what works. Go for it Thomas, Shake up some feathers, I got your back.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #292
RCC Addict

Quote:
That was a thought too but I wanted parts that were readily available to anyone incase someone else wanted to try it out.
yeah i thought about that after i posted . i will be watching to see what you come up with , i have thought about taking the trans out of my creeper and using the axial from my scaler and the creeper in my scaler just not sure about it and all of the changes
Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #293
I wanna be Dave

Quick Update,,,

Until I get the parts list figured out for the Divorced Tranny/Motor mod I decided to fix a couple of issues I found last night at our local comp.

One issue is Dont Use the Creeper Rings with any OTHER wheel except the Creeper wheels..I installed Creeper rings on my CKRC Link Murdered Out's but only on the outer side, I had a feeling it would happen but the recessed design of the Creeper outer ring's mating surface meant that it let my Rovers spin and wad up like freakin mad last night. 1 simple fix might be too add a piece of 1/8 inch brass, aluminum or copper wire to the bead mating surface that contacts the tire. Which I might try, because the Creeper rings have recessed bolt holes. The groove in the mating surface of the ring would hold the wire in place if it was bent to match the groove.

I also noticed on several occaisions last night that my VC is just too wide in the front. So I disassembled the entire front end today. I also wanted to replace the front axle housing anyway (left C-hub wouldnt stay tight) so now was a good time. I also inspected the diff internals, all good. What I wanted to achieve was to locate the lower links and shocks inside the link mount tabs on the axle to gain the mechanical clearance the wideners gave. It has always been a a concern for me to have the links and/or shocks mounted but hanging off one side of any axles' mount tabs. I knew it had to have support. I accomplished that today. I was also faced with having to relocate the servo because I have once again removed the G-Made Wheel Wideners in an attempt to narrow the track width of the Creeper back to stock width. All this and new stering geometry and a move of the battery as well in turn. All the while keeping it USRCCA legal at 12.5 inches at the wheel base. AND<<<<<<<<<<I still have all of my steering angles. WICKED SICK!

I have a lot of pics and Im not done yet...Ill down load all the pics in due time. There are a lot of them to explain these mods.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #294
RCC Addict

waiting patiently .................................................. .......

still waiting .................................................. ......
Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #295
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Quote:
I am probably changing out from the stock Creeper trans to an Ax trans for this mod.
Quote:
but now since youve gone AX for power we get to brand you,,,halfbreed.

Had to do it Thomas

I still have the title of HALFBREED as thomas gave it to me with honor
However if you go r2 i wont mind.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #296
I wanna be Dave

Well I am actually leaning more toward dual dig with the R2D2,,,so I guess my moniker would be based on Venom + "Droid", just call me "VOID" or maybe "Drenom"
Old 09-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

Default Massive pictorial mod update

Ok guys I promised pics of the mods i made last night and early this morning to the Creeper based on needing to narrow the front track width while keeping the steering angles I had with the wheel wideners. I have not yet changed out the bead lock rings or mod'ed the Creeper rings to work with the Link wheels. you will see in the pics below how I disassembled the axles by just removing the two pan head screws in each C-hub and removed the entire drive assembly in one piece. I shaved the new axle case down. I still have to make a small cover for the hole where the Diff shifter fork enters the axle housing, probably a small piece of aluminum for that, maybe just a piece of tape. I made a link to go between the upper and lower link mounting tabs on the axle housing to allow for the lower links and shocks to be mounted inside the tabs yet still be supported. I remounted the servo to the middle of the axle for clearance and moved the battery to the rear axle. I also had to relocate the electronics. I am also cutting a new Flex skid to replace the old one,,its been through its paces.

If you have any questions or comments please post up,,heres a bunch of pics.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #298
I wanna be Dave

Default One mean lookin Creeper

Looking at my Creeper like this it really does fit the Title of my thread...it looks like a Creeper Power Wagon....

These will be for scale runs and will be made to work,,taking these off for Pro Comps though.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-24-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #299
I wanna be Dave

looking good. i'm considering narrowing my front shock separation so i can get more steering angle out of my creeper. i'll post pics in my thread if i figure something out. did your mods decrease your steering angle? i remember you were up to 52 degrees before.

i love the lights. i've been planning on adding so to mine so i can get runtime in the evenings. are those rc lights you had laying around? have you powered them up to see how much light they provide?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #300
I wanna be Dave

oh yeah, have you run it with the battery on the rear axle yet? i'm having luck with mine that way and i hope it works for you.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote