Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: creeper transmition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #1

Default creeper transmition

ok i just got my kit and i am buildint the tranny i got all the gears together and everything spins smoothly UNTILL i put the face cover on. once i put that on i can hardly spin the gears. what did i do wrong iv tried to rebuild it three times and cant figure it out
ryan772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

try bildit with the gears mounted on the shafts but start with them on the faceplate then install into the tranny..sounds like your face plate is binding the gear shafts
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
try bildit with the gears mounted on the shafts but start with them on the faceplate then install into the tranny..sounds like your face plate is binding the gear shafts

i did try that uh not a good way to start a build
Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I know you said you have built it 3 times but make absolute sure the gear sequaence is right,,I almost built mine out of sequence due to the instructions' pics not being completely clear,,,otherwise,,Id say contact venom or the shop you got the kit from.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

my trans was not that clean either.. but it turns, just hard. It has a 3/4 turn that's clean, and then a 1/4 of the turn is tight. Just the way they are with the plastic molded gears not being totally round.... I even ripped it in a powerdrill for a half hour to loosen it up, but that did nothing, really. If yours is like mine, it will function just fine. If it's just plain tooooo tight, I don't know what to say.
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

when I assembled mine it was fine and still is,,no tight spots in it at all. id say contact Venom.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generis View Post
my trans was not that clean either.. but it turns, just hard. It has a 3/4 turn that's clean, and then a 1/4 of the turn is tight. Just the way they are with the plastic molded gears not being totally round.... I even ripped it in a powerdrill for a half hour to loosen it up, but that did nothing, really. If yours is like mine, it will function just fine. If it's just plain tooooo tight, I don't know what to say.
hey guys thanks for all the support any ya my tranny as hard 3/4 way around and 1/4 is clean so maybe it will be fine but i will also contact venom witch was a good idea and soo what they say
thanks alot guys
and i am building right now as i type and i surfed the net quick for the flm lockers but cant find them can anyone send me a link to a dealer?
this is a great forum thanks so much for all the help !!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Mine was nearly impossible to turn, there are a few threads on here about this topic.

You just need to run it basically. Its normal to be hard to turn at first but after your first crawl session it should be good.
Krazee DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
Mine was nearly impossible to turn, there are a few threads on here about this topic.

You just need to run it basically. Its normal to be hard to turn at first but after your first crawl session it should be good.
thank you very much i will give it a try thank you
Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

you have to wear in those gears.
JuziTin is offline   Reply With Quote