Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: gottorque's Underground Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

leave the links in the tabs as directed by the manual but move the shocks to the outside. you may need to twist your links a bit to clear the shocks but it will work...look at the rear end on mine.

Here ya go GT

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-02-2010 at 10:31 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
leave the links in the tabs as directed by the manual but move the shocks to the outside. you may need to twist your links a bit to clear the shocks but it will work...look at the rear end on mine.

I just realized something Thomas.
when i pulled my rear tire off i was stiil running the rear tierods on the inside of the axle, thus preventing me from mounting the shocks on the outside
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess you are just hosed then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

do you want me to Google some lock outs for ya? lol

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #64
RCC Addict

i have some pulled up on ckrc right now...the hot racing ones. ill just get thoes.

So i have to ask.... how much would i have to pay mr. RMDW to google search creeper lock outs for me
Just messin
Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
i have some pulled up on ckrc right now...the hot racing ones. ill just get thoes.

So i have to ask.... how much would i have to pay mr. RMDW to google search creeper lock outs for me
Just messin
you would only have to show me the burn marks from being flamed for it. so are you getting some LO's
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
you would only have to show me the burn marks from being flamed for it. so are you getting some LO's
Yup...along with either WheelWorks or Vanquish wheels. I just bound the crap out of it on two separate occasions. Stripped out two wheel hexes but no truck carnage
Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quick update.
I finally got an afternoon to work my rig and got to install the the RMDW pin lox after they had been sitting in package for two weeks. I did have an outer hub bearing explode after trying to get the stub shaft out of it. I got a few things on the to order list so i will add that as well. Figured since i was taking the vcd's out, i might as well pull apart the whole axle, check the gears, clean them and re grease them. Everything look good with no damage.
I also shot the rear link plate with Rust-O red paint to match the front plate.

Nothing is breaking when its out running, so the reliability is still there

After i posted this i went to the chit chat section and saw this
Great service from Avid Bearings.
I decided to check them out...and then not 5 minets after i saw that thread, i had gotten a full sets worth of wheel hub bearings. 4 of the larger inner bearings( revolutions) and 4 of the smaller outer ones (metals). These should definitely hold up

Last edited by gottorque; 09-24-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Alec did you get part numbers for the replacement bearings you ordered and ,,,,which bearings in the kit do they replace?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Alec did you get part numbers for the replacement bearings you ordered and ,,,,which bearings in the kit do they replace?
Avid pn MR105ZZ replaced VEN-8303
Avid pn 6700-RSZ replaced VEN-8302
Old 08-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Default Re: gottorque's Underground Creeper

Um....i hate to be that guy that bumps 4 year old threads, but this is my thread to begin with and hey....I'm not making a new one

Why am i bumping this exactly?

...A good buddy of mine and I were talking a week or two ago about how the crawling hobby has progressed to where scalers are the "new" comp rigs and somehow the true comp guys (2.2 moa) just keep on trucking. My buddy and I both started with comp rigs and eventually joined the scale bandwagon along with most everyone else. More talkin got to us thinkin...."wouldn't it be cool to bring sporty back" and build up shafty rigs

So here we are now, He is building an AX10 based sporty and me, a good ole Creeper. I never did get rid of the creeper axles on my original UGC fastback and have been running them under various scalers ever since.

I needed a chassis, so I searched around in the for sale section and got nothing. Finding nothing, I found myself on the Underground website and saw he still had a couple Fastback 2s left and by the end of the week it was in my box. Thanks Juan

Got a bit of mock up going on with my box of random links. The rear is good but I need another front lower and to make uppers. Rear shocks are unknown 110mms I was given and the fronts are 100mm Big Bores

For wheels and tires I'm running Rovers with Crawler Innovations DD foams and 6 bolt wheels. I wouldnt have minded the extra weight of true beadlocks, but I'm sticking to a fairly tight budget

Picking up some 8-32 and revo ends, slw hubs and possibly a motor today.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #71
RCC Addict

And, we have a roller. Ill need to adjust the front uppers a bit to get the front axle clocked at 0* but otherwise its coming along decently.

The current weight of the wheels, tires and hubs with hardware is 4.4oz, however i figure I'd need a bit of extra weight up front. The Closed cell inner foams dont really allow me to add wheel weights and no available knuckle weights for the Creeper. I did find these RC4WD 2.2 beadlock rings and they index perfectly with the CI wheels; i put one on each side of the front wheels and just used a couple dots of CA to hold them on. They brought the weight per wheel to 5.55oz. The glued on beadlock rings clear the knuckle but Im getting 600 hubs instead of the 350s to hopefully solve my clearance issues.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

wow....this creeper needs a walker its so old...;)
Old 09-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #73
RCC Addict

LMAO.....Well I dont have drivers nick names like Grandpa and Captain Slow for nothing