Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Ring and pinion problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
No idea what I'm doing

I had the same problem with the right front. I found it when I was building mine, and did some filing before continuing. I think there is a manufacturing defect with the long shafts since the rear long shaft was the same way.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2014, 04:48 AM   #42
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Ring and pinion problems

Wow, all this stuf about pinions. Im pretty sure i have a 1st gen(or at least early model) and my pinions look like the right hand one in gottorques picture. I have run mine reasonably hard with (and now without) venoms diff spools, glued into the plastic housings. When i got it second hand, i ordered a bunch of parts which were missing for some reason, including broken spider gears, and i got a couple of crownwheel and pinions, which look like chuds replacement. Havent had any issues with the stock pinions, or breaking the cvds. If this helps a traxxas revo/summit owner, if you grind off the outer bearing race off the large/inner hub bearings off a revo/summit (not sure what else uses them or the size/ part no) they fit perfectly over the cvds, keeping the pins in. Speaking of which, because i put the bearings on before anything broke, i was running the original pins which went oval in profile at the ends, where they meet the cvd cup. Have since put new pins in. IF YOU HAVE SEIZED BEARINGS LIKE I MENTIONED, DONT THROW THEM AWAY, THEY ARE USEFUL!! Thankyou for reading my spiel.
Nzmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

Does anyone know if the dif pinion is the same size on the axial's scx10? Just wondering
Bondoe Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

No comment....
Actually...there are several posts and threads that address the fact that the Creeper ring and pinion wont fit axial and vise versa...modifications and custom work is needed to make axial r/p's work in creeper axles...new diffs...hands on.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 10-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote